Confirmation of order

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Confirmation of order

Post by CW257 »

Quite an odd question, but here it goes.

Earlier today I was online when a new batch of watches dropped into the nearly new section and was lured in by a heavily discounted Worldtimer. I went got all the way through checkout and then decided to go through Klarna for the 0% finance option. Unfortunately, before I completed the application I got called into an urgent meeting.

Later on I had another look in the vague hope it might still be there. Obviously it had gone, but in its place was a bronze ombré which I decided to snap up. No issues this time, as I completed my order and the Klarna application successfully.

However I’ve just checked my email and seen that I have two order confirmation emails from CW - one for the worldtimer and one for the bronze.

I’m now sure how my order was ever confirmed the the worldtimer as I never entered any payment details or completed the finance application. Can I expect an email tomorrow saying my order has been cancelled?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Confirmation of order

Post by Thegreyman »

I'm sure you'd be able to call CW CS to cancel one before despatch....worst case there is always 60:60
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Just give them a call in the morning - I'm sure they will sort it all out for you.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:06 pm I'm sure you'd be able to call CW CS to cancel one before despatch....worst case there is always 60:60
Nah, worst case is you KEEP both of them!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 am
Thegreyman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:06 pm I'm sure you'd be able to call CW CS to cancel one before despatch....worst case there is always 60:60
Nah, that's best case :wink:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 am
Haha I wish. Both of them are my favourite of CWs current range, so I was amazed to see both pop up in the NN section within hours of each other.

I'm just off the phone to customer services and as predicted the Worldtimer order didn't actually go through, despite the confirmation email, but it seems I was successful with the bronze ombre. Ultimately I think it's a better fit for my wrist than the Worldtimer, so I'm looking forward to receiving it.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

^^^^^
Result!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch; congratulations. :clap:

All's well that ends well. :D

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

I talked to CW customer service staff this week and questioned this very thing (given that my klarna application had apparently not been fully completed without any warning notice or chase up email from their system). There is a minor glitch in that CW can generate a pending sale in your account and generate the "about your purchase" email even if the klarna finance agreement has not gone through.

I think CW staff accept that the email they issue doesn't state implicitly or otherwise that the transaction remains "subject to finance being approved".

I remain firm that the klarna online process is not the best ever design and I can think of plenty of online transaction systems which either hold your incomplete application or send an automated warning flag for incomplete transactions. Heavens above, whoever heard of losing signal or internet?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

Yes, I’m slightly concerned that’s what may have happened to my second order too. The completing of the Klarna form and uploading of ID took quite a while and whilst I have the confirmation of purchase email from CW, it must have been some time before Klarna confirmed to them that my credit check had been completed successfully. In that interim period, in CW’s eyes was the watch technically ‘mine’ or was it still available for sale to someone who didn’t need to go through this credit check process?