Klarna's online process - a note of caution

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Klarna's online process - a note of caution

Post by tikkathree » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 pm

There might be someone out there who thinks I can't complete an online form: well trust me, I can.

There might be someone out there who thinks this is actually a financial status issue: well trust me, it isn't.

I'm putting this down to experience and moving on. The direction in which I'm moving on is to spare myself any potential disappointment in the future.

On Friday last I spotted a watch in the January sale which I decided to buy straight away and decided to use the klarna online 0% finance option. I completed the klarna form online from end to end. My answers were all fositive and I didn't receive any kind of error message/refusal/please go back and answer x warning. The klarna screen took me back to CW's website to complete the purchase process and I received an email from Christopher Ward within minutes of so doing.

Having reached the middle of Wednesday afternoon I phoned CW to get an update on my order which was still showing as pending.

What they told me was that klarna had cancelled my application because some part of it was "not completed". Curious as to how this had gone wrong I asked for a number on which to phone Klarna. Klarna told me that CW had given me the wrong number and kindly gave me another number to call and, on doing so, selected option 2 - to speak to a member of the team. Option 2 then took me down the rabbit hole of another list of options not one of which involved speaking to a human and actually, for cases of difficulty with their online finance application process to send an email instead to ............

At that point, resigned to failure I gave up.
The watch which I thought I'd bought has gone to another buyer.
There was nothing showing as incomplete in my online application.

Am I disappointed? In terms of an opaque process I am frustrated. In terms of a watch purchase thwarted I am disappointed but, hey, it's only a watch.

My advice if you are buying using the klarna online process? Be extremely careful and if you don't receive a confirmatory email within minutes, I should try again.

So the direction in which I'm moving on is to spare myself any potential disappointment in the future is simply to not bother ever again trying to buy a new CW watch with finance.
C60 MKI COSC, C60 MKII Day Date LE, C6 Kingfisher, C60 Kingfisher, C600 Tritech x 3

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Klarna's online process - a note of caution

Post by timor54 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 pm

I also used Klarna just before Christmas for a purchase. I remember it as being very simple and had no problems with the application.

More than could be said for the watch which was defective and returned for a refund.

I was apprehensive, to say the least, about how the refund would work and the credit application cancelled. Somewhat to my surprise the systems in place between CW and Klarna seem to work very well and I had my deposit refunded within 4-5 days of CW receiving the watch and the credit agreement cancelled shortly afterwards. All hopefully without unduly affecting my credit rating.
Tim

CW257
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by CW257 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:51 pm

I did the Klarna application for the first time today and when I thought it was completed I then got a follow-up email asking me to submit a copy of my passport. Did you complete that stage too?

tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tikkathree » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm

CW257 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:51 pm
I did the Klarna application for the first time today and when I thought it was completed I then got a follow-up email asking me to submit a copy of my passport. Did you complete that stage too?
No, I didn't but I had the folly to presume that was because I had a successful CW finance application in either 2018 or early 2019 either with Klarna or the organisation it took over from. And, despite that satisfactory customer history they today told me that they had no record of me on their system. Or at least unless I was still pending something in which case I had to phone another number; couldn't transfer me, I had to start again. Not a pleasurable customer experience.

I know I'm a bit of a systems pedant but it would have been more helpful for klarna's application process to include a quick resume of the steps to complete the journey.
C60 MKI COSC, C60 MKII Day Date LE, C6 Kingfisher, C60 Kingfisher, C600 Tritech x 3

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Thegreyman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Websites/technology/online financial processes don't always go smoothly but woe betide you if you want to speak to an actual person to sort out the mess. Even once you have spent 5 minutes exploring the deepest orifices of their website to find a phone number. Then dial the number, listen to the 3 minute recorded message, press 1, 2, 4,1,4,1,2,1,1 and then only to find that "we are experiencing a particularly high volume of calls at the moment"...the default message clearly.

I must just be getting old, better go and find that curmudgeon thread......
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Trident mk2.5 White/Red, C65 Ombre COSC LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:59 pm

I used Klana too for a NN watch prior to Xmas. I did it on my mobile and it took a few minutes. Seem really easy and had no issues.
The only feedback I could give was on my CW account it was showing as pending and did despite it arriving in 3 days.
Has now been updated to completed.

tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tikkathree » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Websites/technology/online financial processes don't always go smoothly but woe betide you if you want to speak to an actual person to sort out the mess. Even once you have spent 5 minutes exploring the deepest orifices of their website to find a phone number. Then dial the number, listen to the 3 minute recorded message, press 1, 2, 4,1,4,1,2,1,1 and then only to find that "we are experiencing a particularly high volume of calls at the moment"...the default message clearly.

I must just be getting old, better go and find that curmudgeon thread......
Welcome to my world old timer. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :silent: :yawn: If they can't do better...
mabotham wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:59 pm
I used Klana too for a NN watch prior to Xmas. I did it on my mobile and it took a few minutes. Seem really easy and had no issues.
The only feedback I could give was on my CW account it was showing as pending and did despite it arriving in 3 days.
Has now been updated to completed.
Lucky you - same with me the first time. Not this time. There won't be a next time. Pass me a humbug someone.....

Bungle-ator
Senior
Senior

Post by Bungle-ator » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Best done in the showroom. Declan had mine sorted out within five minutes. The cheeky so and so tried to sell me another watch to tag onto it as well.

tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tikkathree » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:40 am

Bungle-ator wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:16 pm
Best done in the showroom. Declan had mine sorted out within five minutes. The cheeky so and so tried to sell me another watch to tag onto it as well.
And to me that's good customer service. The guys at CW Customer Service who talked with me on the phone were equally good, no complaints there.