CW hints at what's new in 2020

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22297
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 29
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Merson10 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm
New logo?!?
Its unlikely, considering the Investment CW made in the current logo only a couple of years ago, after the adoption of which they have seen a general upturn in sales.

Why do you suggest it?

Guy
C4|C4&W7 BBMF|C5 BOB LE|C6|C7 MkI 47AD|C7 MkII Harrier|C8 MkI|C8 Reg MkII
C8 M2.04 LE|C8 UTC|C9 FLE|C9 Me109 SPC LE|C20 FLE|C40 Speedhawk|C60 K'fisher|C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex|C60 Chrono P'type|C65 Khaki|C65 S'hurst|C65 GMT|C70 x3|C90 PR|C600|C1000

Squalus
Senior
Senior
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Squalus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 pm

A prediction of a C65 chronograph would be a given but I also predict there could be a titanium C65.

Squalus
Senior
Senior
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Squalus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 pm

Due to the continued success of the military line and CW's expansion into the American market, I predict an American military theme watch could be added to the lineup.

CW257
Junior
Junior
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by CW257 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Bronze Trident MK3?

Commisar
Junior
Junior
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 3:24 am

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Commisar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm

Squalus wrote:Due to the continued success of the military line and CW's expansion into the American market, I predict an American military theme watch could be added to the lineup.
What would be amazing would be a cushion cased diver, imagine a CW quality SKX007 or SKX013....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk


Molan
Guru
Guru
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm
CW-watches: 25

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Molan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:38 pm

A completely new Motorsport range with a simpler, lower cost, case than the previous C7’s.
C7 blue LE, red prototype, yellow/black prototype, green panda & blue cosc auto, C60 Elite, pro vintage, Titanium v1, Black 40mm MKIII, C65 black, C65 GMT blue, C9 5 Day white & blue, C7 Bluebird, IRR, COSC, C1000 Cockpit, C70 BRG & VW4, C3 x2

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:48 pm

June 2020 sees the 15th anniversary of the launch of the original C5 and C3 watches. I have no insider knowledge of any plans, but it wouldn't surprise me to see this commemorated in some way.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:22 am
CW-watches: 11
Location: London

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Soporsche » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Picking through the feedback from the GTG/Loupe etc. Hopefully a new take on Motorsports/Chrono as they go together very nicely and the previous range wasnt as successful as hoped (though the case is interesting as well as expensive to produce).
Maybe a bit more 'grown up' with an Auto or even handwound (old tech comments).
CW's: 7+
Various others: Heuer, Tudor, Dan Henry, Seiko,..

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Alberta, Canada (The Great White North, eh!)

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Lavaine » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:48 pm
June 2020 sees the 15th anniversary of the launch of the original C5 and C3 watches. I have no insider knowledge of any plans, but it wouldn't surprise me to see this commemorated in some way.
That makes sense AVO. As the current range already includes a C3 and C5, perhaps the introduction of a C5A Mk3?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.

Squalus
Senior
Senior
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Squalus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:32 am

Commisar wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm
Squalus wrote:Due to the continued success of the military line and CW's expansion into the American market, I predict an American military theme watch could be added to the lineup.
What would be amazing would be a cushion cased diver, imagine a CW quality SKX007 or SKX013....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
One of the CW principals did mention that they are developing a variant of the C65. I believe a cushion case was mentioned.

Squalus
Senior
Senior
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Squalus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:36 am

The aviation line is currently being whittle down, so I am wondering if a C8 chronograph is a possibility.

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:55 am

Squalus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:36 am
The aviation line is currently being whittle down...
Being perfectly frank...
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 8436
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 11
Location: UK

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by nbg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:55 am
Squalus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:36 am
The aviation line is currently being whittle down...
Being perfectly frank...
:lol: :clap: :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

User avatar
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Viognier » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:12 pm

I'll go off the grid.....perhaps the C11 is coming back
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

User avatar
Lawrence
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 am
CW-watches: 7

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by Lawrence » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 am

Squalus wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 pm
Due to the continued success of the military line and CW's expansion into the American market, I predict an American military theme watch could be added to the lineup.
Here's a design for the US market.....

Image
Bulova Accutron Gemini
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C60 Trident Blue Pro 600
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE
C65 Trident Black
Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon
Tudor Black Bay Heritage Black

Post Reply