CW hints at what's new in 2020

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW hints at what's new in 2020

Post by CW257 »

Some good detective work there. They’re a bit ‘sporty’ for my liking but I can see them being popular.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Quite agree AVO, unless it’s some kind of contrived or agreed ‘leak’, this is a mess up by the agency. If this is correct, though, the watch looks great!
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I was thinking the same thing as what AVO stated. We'll see if there are any repercussions.

I recall CW informing a forum member, via e-mail, that they will be releasing a titanium bracelet. It's probably an option for this new Trident.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I assume now that CW are aware they will be asking what’s happened, perhaps via the Instagram feed.

On the other hand it may may be just part and parcel of a disruptive marketing campaign. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It's a bit like some bod about to make a speech at lunchtime and the BBC tells you in the Breakfast News what they are going to say. I never understood that.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

...oops.

There's a small vid as well, but it doesn't really reveal too much. Not that it matters, as I'm sure sales won't be affected, but it is rather unprofessional.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 pm Forgive the presumption here, but if a company is contracted to do someone's magazine, shouldn't they be letting their clients release it instead of splashing it all over social media. Or have the rules/protocols changed?
To be fair HELLO are a little bit more than that to Christopher Ward.

They are I believe branding and marketing partners.

HELLO - "Christopher Ward didn’t come to us with a brief; they came with an appetite for change. We are pretty straight talking — as are they — and they liked that. We had to get to the core of what these guys were all about. They were disruptive, real, no-nonsense people, and their new brand needed to reflect this."

Mike France — Co. Founder

"We needed a partner that would challenge our way of thinking."

The Company is 7 miles away from me so I can pop round to tell Jamie off if necessary, but I have a feeling that Mike and Peter will not be feeling that disgruntled about the information slip, if at all.

There is as we know no such thing as bad advertising.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I'd say that this was careless rather than harmful. The watches had been hinted at by CW prior to to this leak. I don't know if CW have an embargo on these watches but I would presume that they d. If so 01134studio broke it. Then a slap on the wrist or financial penalty may apply. But I doubt these will happen.
Did it harm the brand? No.
Did it get widespread attention? No. (This forum doesn't count)
Did it reveal any long term goals or product plans? No.
In this case the leak may have dampened some excitement here on the forum but I suspect that it has made us more excited than before.
If this had happened to a client like Rolex or Omega then I'm sure the repercussions would be much greater. Imagine a leak that reveals the next two Rolex models.
To be honest if I was 01134studio which is a part of Hello Communications Limited I'd be much more worried about pressure from Hello Media as the names and businesses are similar.
If Scooter does go around and knock on their door to complain I'd love to hear about the encounter :D
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Kestrel452

Post by Kestrel452 »

Hopefully they bring back the wave dial....
FlyboyChris
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FlyboyChris »

It would seem that words have been had with Hello as the post has been deleted from their Instagram. 🤔
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

albionphoto wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:03 pm If Scooter does go around and knock on their door to complain I'd love to hear about the encounter :D
I sent the Boys round.

Happy to help.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

CW has stated they will be releasing a black dial variant of the Dartmouth. Does this indicate we may see other variations of the Cranwell and the Sandhurst?
freehme

Post by freehme »

any idea if they will come out with new colors for the motorsport collection? Or just green?
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

If the Elite 1000 GMT sells well and the Elite 1000 continues to sell well (current situation aside) then I wouldn't be surprised if CW produces a titanium C65.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

A couple of decent releases so far but I'm still waiting for 2020 Year of the Chronograph to happen.