Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Jan sale

Post by Mikkei4 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:14 pm

matski171 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am
Hi,

Anyone know if they had a C65 bronze Ombre appear in the recent sale?

Thanks

Matt
There's 1 on there now

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by Soporsche » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:21 pm

matski171 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am
Hi,

Anyone know if they had a C65 bronze Ombre appear in the recent sale?

Thanks

Matt
Theres one there now at 30%!!!
CW's: 7+
Various others: Heuer, Tudor, Dan Henry, Seiko,..

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Soporsche » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 pm

White dial C60 Mk3 42mm was too much of a temptation. Now if I can get hold of a black/red bezel one I can can get a swap done by my watchmaker... yes I know, silly but...!

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by StrappedUp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Soporsche wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 pm
White dial C60 Mk3 42mm was too much of a temptation. Now if I can get hold of a black/red bezel one I can can get a swap done by my watchmaker... yes I know, silly but...!
Congratulations! Although, the bezel mechanisms are different, so I very much doubt a swap would be possible.

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Soporsche » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:42 pm

I think the bezel mechanisms on a Mk3 42mm white/black and a Mk 3 42mm black/red should be the same?!
C60 Mk3.JPG

Chris375
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Chris375 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Sandhurst, Dartmouth, Moonglow & C60 Apex all in NN for those looking to spend some cash.

Moonglow was too much of a temptation!

Chris
[/quote]

I tried to sort that out for you, but it appears they have more than one as it still shows available.
[/quote]
Thanks for trying :thumbup: but went with the one on the leather strap as opposed to the bracelet.

Out of curiosity can anyone recommend a good hole punch for leather watch straps please? I have small wrists and tend to find that the straps the watches arrive with could do with another couple of holes to fit my wrist. Have tried the smaller straps but they are too small - seems my wrist is that in-between size :?

Cheers,
Chris

As you can see I am also no good at editing quotes :lol:
6xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by StrappedUp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Soporsche wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:42 pm
I think the bezel mechanisms on a Mk3 42mm white/black and a Mk 3 42mm black/red should be the same?!
C60 Mk3.JPG
Apologies, I stand corrected.

I thought you meant the black bezel w/red highlights that is used on the MK2 COSC watches :oops:

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Soporsche » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 pm
Soporsche wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:42 pm
I thought you meant the black bezel w/red highlights that is used on the MK2 COSC watches :oops:
No probs at all, thought my ramblings may have confused you. I decided not to go with the mk2 COSC the other day.
Im still not entirely sure Ive made the right choice but we'll see. The COSC had a red 2nd hand which would look good with red bezel and I could have probably picked up a red/black mk2 for swap at significantly lower cost than a mk3.

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Asking for a friend:

- he has received a confirmation of order email from customer services about 10 minutes after placing the online order. Is that email confirmation that the sale watch is in stock and hasn’t been “oversold”?

- is the new packaging sufficient slim that it won’t be instantly recognisable as a watch box by his wife, in the event that she signs for the package upon delivery?

I wasn’t able to answer these questions as my most recent CW purchases were years ago.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Too slow, there isn't one now. Cheers for the heads up though.

Matt

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 28
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:24 pm

nbg wrote:Asking for a friend:

- he has received a confirmation of order email from customer services about 10 minutes after placing the online order. Is that email confirmation that the sale watch is in stock and hasn’t been “oversold”?

- is the new packaging sufficient slim that it won’t be instantly recognisable as a watch box by his wife, in the event that she signs for the package upon delivery?

I wasn’t able to answer these questions as my most recent CW purchases were years ago.

Neil
1. No; as the 'order' and 'stock' software systems are not yet connected in real time (new software system due this year will rectify this). Nevertheless, reported instances of overselling have been remarkably few in the last year or two.

2. Depends on your classification of 'instantly recognisable'. Size and weight won't immediately identify as a watch (but if it is not recognised as a watch, there will no doubt be questions in the house), HOWEVER if the DPD address label is read it will be clearly seen the sender is 'Christopher Ward'.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C20 FLE |C4 |C4&W7 BBMF |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C70 x3
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 LE |C8 UTC |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC LE |C90 PR |C60 K'fisher |C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex |C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Khaki |C65 S'hurst |C65 GMT |C600 |C1000

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Soporsche » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 pm

nbg wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Asking for a friend:

Neil
Normally the email confirmation is exactly that an order confirmation and states congrats on your order etc. It would usually state if unfortunately the item is known to be unavailable at this time.
Edit: I would go with Guys advice on this one as more knowledgeable than me on CW process

The packaging isnt traditional watch box shape (long and slim) but is quite substantial. I sent one to my step son recently with instructions not to open till birthday and he messaged to say "oh i thought you were going to get me a watch". The DPD sticker does state Christopher Ward though.

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:48 pm

^^^^^ Thanks Gents. The lady concerned may not recognise the Christopher Ward name, I understand she is more familiar with Rolex and Tudor.

A long and slim watch box may give the appearance of a bottle of wine. Providing she gets her fair share when opened, I doubt she will be too bothered to question at the point of delivery.

I have seen a few posts elsewhere about people bagging a NN Dartmouth today. Seems they appeared and went a couple of times.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

Kenken
CW-watches: 4

Post by Kenken » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm

C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600 @50% in half price section, also 2 DLC C8 UTC's and a 38mm bronze trident

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Enthusiasm is waning imho for older models even at 50% off - as an observer and not a buyer it's recent and very specific models at attractive discounts that are now being snapped up quickly.

I'm sure everything will sell eventually (maybe not the Birkin Blower...), but the stampede is now more of a trot.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris