Jan sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MarkingTime
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 pm
CW-watches: 6

Re: Jan sale

Post by MarkingTime » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Heads up, 40% off a black C60 in the half price section...

Soporsche
Guru
Guru
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:22 am
CW-watches: 7
Location: London

Re: Jan sale

Post by Soporsche » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 pm

MarkingTime wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 pm
Heads up, 40% off a black C60 in the half price section...
Didnt last long!
CW's: 7+
Various others: Heuer, Tudor, Dan Henry, Seiko,..

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Surrey

Re: Jan sale

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Soporsche wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 pm
StrappedUp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am
Soporsche wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am
Surprised the 38mm c60 black/red bezel is hanging around!
It's not. If you click on the link, it's showing as out of stock.
Was also out of stock at 7:30 this morning, so not sure what's happening there.
And.. its gone! One of a few errors (mainly descriptions) but think generally they've done a good job (fast processing etc) compared to recent times.
Soporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:

shaggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Jan sale

Post by shaggy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm

I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition
C8 Flyer Automatic
C7 Rapide Chronograph Automatic

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Surrey

Re: Jan sale

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm

@Shaggy, sorry to hear that. That's not good enough then. My experience of NN has always been positive, although that's not everyone's experience

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3154
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Alberta, Canada (The Great White North, eh!)

Re: Jan sale

Post by Lavaine » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm

I see on the FB group that there was a C8 Flyer in the 50% section. Glad I ordered before that popped up, or my decision on what to buy would have been complicated.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.

User avatar
Devarika Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: Jan sale

Post by Devarika Woulf » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm
Soporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:
Ahhhhh. Remember all the slowdowns, crashes, and "cyber attacks" in years past during every sale? Fun times... :D . Seems to be a thing of the past.
shaggy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm
I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly. I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
:? That's the exact one I kept looking at when it went live. Hope you can get it sorted. :o
-Joseph

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21727
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Jan sale

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:My lightweight black order is due tomorrow too. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Wrong order!

What I received was lightweight and black; but not my order from the sale.

It was a CW watch pod with my C6 Kingfisher Blue inside, being returned following the fitment of a new battery. :oops:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C20 FLE |C4 |C4&W7 BBMF |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C70 x2
C8 MkI |C8 RegMkII |C8 M2.04 |C8 UTC |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C90 PR |C60 K'fisher |C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex |C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Khaki |C65 Sandhurst |C600 x2 |C1000

shaggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Jan sale

Post by shaggy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Devarika Woulf wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm
Soporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:
Ahhhhh. Remember all the slowdowns, crashes, and "cyber attacks" in years past during every sale? Fun times... :D . Seems to be a thing of the past.
shaggy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm
I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly. I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
:? That's the exact one I kept looking at when it went live. Hope you can get it sorted. :o
I was waiting for that exact C7 version almost whole last year. When I spotted it in NN -60% I didn't hesitate a second. What I heard the NN watches were always in perfect condition. Not this specific piece. I love the watch, its really beautiful and I always wanted automatic chronograph, but... I have contact CW support, will send them some pictures, let's see.

And yes, the pages are working really superb this year. Not like last years.
C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition
C8 Flyer Automatic
C7 Rapide Chronograph Automatic

Merson10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Re: Jan sale

Post by Merson10 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Hey guys, new joiner to the site.

I was about to pull the trigger on a C65 in the sale section but too slow!

Do you guys know how often CW run these sales?

MarkingTime
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 pm
CW-watches: 6

Re: Jan sale

Post by MarkingTime » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:07 pm

At 30% off RP, nearly new should be just that, at 60%, I'd be surprised if it didn't show more obvious signs of use.

For the minor faff involved, it would be worth resolving the issues yourself, if possible, particularly as you like the watch and it was such a good price.
CW will probably sort this out, but it might take a while to resolve if the watch needs to go back. None of my watches have taken less than ten weeks to turn around.

shaggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Jan sale

Post by shaggy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm

No, there's a new piece at -50% -> https://www.christopherward.eu/s07-42ach1-s0kk0-vk
So NN at -60% it's not such a huge difference in price.
If the watch has some obvious sign of use, then maybe a photo or a comment would be nice to have.
C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition
C8 Flyer Automatic
C7 Rapide Chronograph Automatic

ondris
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Re: Jan sale

Post by ondris » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:21 pm

shaggy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm
I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
This makes me a bit anxious for my C60 Bronze order.
But yes, with "just" 30% discount, you could expect better condition.

Just for curiosity, would you prefer to return the watch, or a a partial refund?
What could be expected in these situation?

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 33947
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 20
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: Jan sale

Post by MiniMpi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Ooops....... :)

Couldn't resist.

Image
C9 AM GT LE #001, C60 Ombré #001, C1-GM-5DA, C9-JH-MK3, C7 Proto, C11 Elite, C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C70 HRDC, C7 COSC LE, C65 Trident Diver, C65 MK1 LE, C60 MK3, C60 316L, C60 GMT MK2, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2, C8 MK2, C600-IPB, Rolex 912 Tank

MarkingTime
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 pm
CW-watches: 6

Re: Jan sale

Post by MarkingTime » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm

shaggy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm
No, there's a new piece at -50% -> https://www.christopherward.eu/s07-42ach1-s0kk0-vk
So NN at -60% it's not such a huge difference in price.
Hmm, not so sure. That's £130!

Post Reply