Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Jan sale

Post by Mikkei4 »

nbg wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:48 pm
I have seen a few posts elsewhere about people bagging a NN Dartmouth today. Seems they appeared and went a couple of times.

Neil
Looks like I might be 1 of those people, getting 1 on the bracelet. Just been notified that it's being delivered tomorrow.
I'm keeping an open mind on it at the moment whether it'll stay or not - I like it in the photos particularly as the name is at 12, I'm after a blue dial watch (but can't afford an Omega AT) but I'm not sure whether it looks a bit busy with all those lines on the dial and bezel.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:18 pm
I have seen a few posts elsewhere about people bagging a NN Dartmouth today. Seems they appeared and went a couple of times.

Neil
Looks like I might be 1 of those people, getting 1 on the bracelet. Just been notified that it's being delivered tomorrow.
I'm keeping an open mind on it at the moment whether it'll stay or not - I like it in the photos particularly as the name is at 12, I'm after a blue dial watch (but can't afford an Omega AT) but I'm not sure whether it looks a bit busy with all those lines on the dial and bezel.
I liked it when I tried one on at the London GTG. Thought it would be a reasonable buy as a NN.
7CD13A45-0BCD-4929-B330-47EAF7EBE3AD.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Neil
Well, the Dartmouth was delivered today so a good turn-around by CW.

I've viewed it while still in the box with the clear plastic cover still on the dial. The case and bracelet look a lovely design and quality build. The size is great - Overall very nice. Unfortunately my thoughts re. the dial and bezel are what I wrote above. For my taste there's a bit too much going on, too many line markers that for me somehow mean the bezel doesn't gel with the dial. So I will be requesting a return package for a refund - shame as it was a great price and the C65 case is definitely an attractive item.

So I'm still on the look-out for a blue dialled watch. Maybe the 2020 CW chronos will provide something.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ A shame it hasn’t worked out for you with the C65.

I sort of get where you are coming from with the bezel markings. I think I would get used to them, particularly as I have spent years looking at the classic Seamaster 300 models and thinking I need to buy one!

I agree with your comments about the case on the C65.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

The NN Dartmouth I bought last week has been deposited at a PO this morning for return to CW today via their RM returns package so there may be a Dartmouth turning up on the NN soon. It looked to be in great condition although I didn't remove the plastic cover from the dial or check the whole bracelet. If you like the design then at £626.50 on the bracelet it'll be great value if/when it re-appears.
04z

Post by 04z »

Got word yesterday that my NN Trident Mk3 will be here tomorrow. Was going to post a question as to shipping times folks have experienced but the tracking info beat me to it. Excited to have my first CW in hand.

Now I just need to stop looking at the website before I buy something else.
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by nwnjw01 »

More watches appeared in the NN clearance section.
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

More watches appeared in the NN clearance section.
ondris

Post by ondris »

So, as I can now wear it, here is my C60 Bronze bought from nearly new section during the Jan sale:

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^^^congratulations :clap:
Very nice :thumbup:
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

Another few additions to the NN section of the clearance...
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Quite a few 60% off appeared, and disappeared just as quickly :lol:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:30 pm Quite a few 60% off appeared, and disappeared just as quickly :lol:
Out of interest, what had 60% off?
Trying not to buy any more watches...
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Clach77 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:41 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:30 pm Quite a few 60% off appeared, and disappeared just as quickly :lol:
Out of interest, what had 60% off?
Disappeared so quickly, hard to keep track.

A couple of auto C7s and some bronze C60s, I think. And a couple of others I seriously considered too slowly.

Snooze, you lose
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Thank you. You’ll find them on eBay soon!!
Trying not to buy any more watches...