Jan sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Re: Jan sale

Post by shaggy »

MarkingTime wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm
shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm No, there's a new piece at -50% -> https://www.christopherward.eu/s07-42ach1-s0kk0-vk
So NN at -60% it's not such a huge difference in price.
Hmm, not so sure. That's £130!
Don't get me wrong, £130 is not a small amount. But it is only 10 percentage points for new vs used.
Is: C65 Super Compressor, Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, Orient Mako 2
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm Ooops....... :)

Couldn't resist.

Oops indeed Ferg. Will be a great addition to your other M'sport watches. :clap: :clap:

First one of these that I have heard mention of being picked up.

No wait;-
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 am .
Must say that I keep looking at the C70 HRDC as a potential partner for my C70 DBR1 and C70 Ascari :-k
I picked up one this morning as well. Ordered on the Camel Vintage Oak too, so will have to wait a couple of weeks for it.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

ondris wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:21 pm
shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
This makes me a bit anxious for my C60 Bronze order.
But yes, with "just" 30% discount, you could expect better condition.

Just for curiosity, would you prefer to return the watch, or a a partial refund?
What could be expected in these situation?
I have no clue :)
I love the watch. Only a small part of the scratch is visible when on bracelet. If a leather strap is on, it is fully exposed.
But the wobbly end link p*sses me off much more. It's like on my much much cheaper Mako 2.
Is: C65 Super Compressor, Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, Orient Mako 2
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:

Couldn't resist.

Oops indeed Ferg. Will be a great addition to your other M'sport watches. :clap: :clap:

First one of these that I have heard mention of being picked up.

No wait;-
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 am .
Must say that I keep looking at the C70 HRDC as a potential partner for my C70 DBR1 and C70 Ascari :-k
I picked up one this morning as well. Ordered on the Camel Vintage Oak too, so will have to wait a couple of weeks for it.

Guy
Nice one Guy, looking forward to seeing these in the metal.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
Also sorry to hear that Shaggy, sure it will get sorted but its very frustrating.
The much older C7 chronometer(mk II) i picked up in the 60% NN section seems at 1st inspection to be really good/as new NN condition so its all a bit pot luck. As a customer you need a high standard of consistency, especially when only 10% difference to the new one in the sale.

Hope its resolved quickly!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A Moonglow in the NN section might have tempted me, but I was never holding out much hope of finding one or being first to the button if one appeared. Hey ho.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Fergster - be interested in the Serial # you get - rumour has it that no # higher than 50 has been seen - despite all the literature indicating that it was a 500 LE ...

I have #37 ....

Cheers, Laird

http://www.hrdc.eu/hrdc_watch.html?LMCL=JyaYvX

Couldn't resist.

|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Laird wrote:Fergster - be interested in the Serial # you get - rumour has it that no # higher than 50 has been seen - despite all the literature indicating that it was a 500 LE ...

I have #37 ....

Cheers, Laird
Interesting, I'll let you know when it arrives.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Thunder1 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...."
MichaelCorleone.jpg

A C65 Trident Diver(green dial, manual wind) s/b on it's way to this side of the pond shortly...
Well, picked up my C65 Trident Diver(Khaki) just a short while ago..considering that I ordered it on the 6th, the CW customer service folks did a great job in getting it to me this fast..I wore my Oris Divers 65 BB(green dial) today so I could do some quick comparisons & photos of the two..yes, it looks like CW was aiming at the Oris 65 when they introduced this watch to the market..it was 50% off, so I paid about $396.00 for it on the camel tan strap(which is nice looking, comfortable, & matches the tan colored indices)..at 41mm w/ a narrow bezel, the dial does seems larger than the Oris's dial..and the edges of the SS case are nicely chamfered..IMO, the CW name at the 9 o'clock position does not detract from the dial's appearance..the Sellita manual movement is smooth & easy to wind and does not take long to fully wind..so, coming from a bargains hunter's perspective(I pd. $1,035 for the Oris, pre-owned, & another $275.00 for the bracelet from a dealer) which do I prefer?..for me, the Oris(w/o bracelet) is about $640.00 more expensive..the SS case isn't as nicely shaped and lacks the impressive 'trident' backplate..on the plus side, the gold plated indice surrounds & gold plated hour/minute hand edges, coupled w/ the bronze bezel edge, really enhances the look of the dial under it's domed crystal..the dial is also a darker shade of green that looks richer..and at 39mm, it wears comfortably on my average sized wrist(as does the CW)..so which do I prefer?..honestly, it's another wash..both are nice looking and have excellent pedigrees..while I slightly prefer the look of the Oris, the CW looks very nearly as nice..really, from a bargain hunter's perspective, I think it boils down to whether one would want to spend another $640.00 for the Oris..and I have the blue dial C65 Diver coming in a few days!! :)

**edited to provide some photos of the 2 watches..
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(1).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(2).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(3).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^ sounds like the Oris Divers 65 might show up in the sales corner.....
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

^^Ha-Ha..not too likely..don't flip many and I enjoy a large variety to choose from..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Result - Picked up a last minute graduation pressie for the oldest this year, 50%: steel C8 Auto went on about 5.20.
Couple of C8 Quartz on there since late this afternoon. Edit 5.50.... and gone.
Stephen

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Soporsche wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm Result - Picked up a last minute graduation pressie for the oldest this year, 50%: steel C8 Auto went on about 5.20.
Looked like a quartz to me - hopefully I'm wrong.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:58 pm
Soporsche wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm Result - Picked up a last minute graduation pressie for the oldest this year, 50%: steel C8 Auto went on about 5.20.
Yes there was quartz (steel) at top and then Auto appeared lower when screen refreshed and I pounced immediately, after contemplating too long earlier this week! Already logged onto account so checkout was perhaps 20 slightly nervous seconds.
Quartz still there for another 10-20 mins as per my post edit.
My sons not a watch guy so far (smartphone generation) so 1st proper watch 😊.
Stephen

Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

Soporsche wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:58 pm
Yes there was quartz (steel) at top and then Auto appeared lower when screen refreshed and I pounced immediately, after contemplating too long earlier this week! Already logged onto account so checkout was perhaps 20 slightly nervous seconds.
Quartz still there for another 10-20 mins as per my post edit.
My sons not a watch guy so far (smartphone generation) so 1st proper watch 😊.
Actually had that watch in my basket and was in process of paying when I changed my mind. Came back five minutes later and that was when it had gone. Am pleased I didn't buy it and that it's going to someone for their first proper watch. Hope he enjoys his first proper watch!
Regards,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko