Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: Jan sale

Post by Soporsche »

Chris375 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm
Actually had that watch in my basket and was in process of paying when I changed my mind. Came back five minutes later and that was when it had gone. Am pleased I didn't buy it and that it's going to someone for their first proper watch. Hope he enjoys his first proper watch!
Regards,
Chris
[/quote]

I think you made the right decision 😉😁👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 am A Moonglow in the NN section might have tempted me, but I was never holding out much hope of finding one or being first to the button if one appeared. Hey ho.
Mmm, might be a ‘watch this space’ moment soon. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
robocaspar
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by robocaspar »

Picked up a 38mm C60 bronze.

Very impressed with the new box style.

Shipping to Canada took 3 days + 1 day for missed delivery window.

Double thumbs up to CW for the excellent service and now I just have to decide if I want to take the watch out of its plastic.
Attachments
IMG_20200110_175434.jpg
Merson10

Post by Merson10 »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...."
MichaelCorleone.jpg

A C65 Trident Diver(green dial, manual wind) s/b on it's way to this side of the pond shortly...
Well, picked up my C65 Trident Diver(Khaki) just a short while ago..considering that I ordered it on the 6th, the CW customer service folks did a great job in getting it to me this fast..I wore my Oris Divers 65 BB(green dial) today so I could do some quick comparisons & photos of the two..yes, it looks like CW was aiming at the Oris 65 when they introduced this watch to the market..it was 50% off, so I paid about $396.00 for it on the camel tan strap(which is nice looking, comfortable, & matches the tan colored indices)..at 41mm w/ a narrow bezel, the dial does seems larger than the Oris's dial..and the edges of the SS case are nicely chamfered..IMO, the CW name at the 9 o'clock position does not detract from the dial's appearance..the Sellita manual movement is smooth & easy to wind and does not take long to fully wind..so, coming from a bargains hunter's perspective(I pd. $1,035 for the Oris, pre-owned, & another $275.00 for the bracelet from a dealer) which do I prefer?..for me, the Oris(w/o bracelet) is about $640.00 more expensive..the SS case isn't as nicely shaped and lacks the impressive 'trident' backplate..on the plus side, the gold plated indice surrounds & gold plated hour/minute hand edges, coupled w/ the bronze bezel edge, really enhances the look of the dial under it's domed crystal..the dial is also a darker shade of green that looks richer..and at 39mm, it wears comfortably on my average sized wrist(as does the CW)..so which do I prefer?..honestly, it's another wash..both are nice looking and have excellent pedigrees..while I slightly prefer the look of the Oris, the CW looks very nearly as nice..really, from a bargain hunter's perspective, I think it boils down to whether one would want to spend another $640.00 for the Oris..and I have the blue dial C65 Diver coming in a few days!! :)

**edited to provide some photos of the 2 watches..
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(1).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(2).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(3).JPG
Thanks for the comparison as I have been weighing up the C65 vs Oris Diver 65. Missed out on sale price so leaning towards the Oris. Be keen to see the blue when it arrives!
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

I picked up a 40mm C60 Blue just before the sale in the NN section. Didn't see any in this Jan sale.
Just wanted to echo the presentation of the watch box etc.
Been with CW for over 10 years now and I must say the new slimline box is mighty impressive....
Oh and I'm keeping the watch!
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

My Trident came yesterday pretty impressive turn around by CW.

Will go with my other two CW I got this month. One during the holiday sale...

And one I got off of Ebay...

I was a little bummed that the COSC didn't come with manual but I guess it is old stock and can't complain for 50% off. Looking forward to seeing how accurate and durable the SH21 is.

MC
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
bricktop

Post by bricktop »

mabotham wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 am I must say the new slimline box is mighty impressive....
Any photos ??
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Arrived on Friday! Love the Panda look and excited to try the sail cloth strap
6E2973F8-1D9F-46F9-A251-65DDD7A71105.jpeg
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Viognier wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:24 pm Arrived on Friday! Love the Panda look and excited to try the sail cloth strap
6E2973F8-1D9F-46F9-A251-65DDD7A71105.jpeg
congrats, that looks great. The best of the current range of C7s
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Lance !!
Looks fantastic, Enjoy it ;)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Merson10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:24 am
Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...."
MichaelCorleone.jpg

A C65 Trident Diver(green dial, manual wind) s/b on it's way to this side of the pond shortly...
Well, picked up my C65 Trident Diver(Khaki) just a short while ago..considering that I ordered it on the 6th, the CW customer service folks did a great job in getting it to me this fast..I wore my Oris Divers 65 BB(green dial) today so I could do some quick comparisons & photos of the two..yes, it looks like CW was aiming at the Oris 65 when they introduced this watch to the market..it was 50% off, so I paid about $396.00 for it on the camel tan strap(which is nice looking, comfortable, & matches the tan colored indices)..at 41mm w/ a narrow bezel, the dial does seems larger than the Oris's dial..and the edges of the SS case are nicely chamfered..IMO, the CW name at the 9 o'clock position does not detract from the dial's appearance..the Sellita manual movement is smooth & easy to wind and does not take long to fully wind..so, coming from a bargains hunter's perspective(I pd. $1,035 for the Oris, pre-owned, & another $275.00 for the bracelet from a dealer) which do I prefer?..for me, the Oris(w/o bracelet) is about $640.00 more expensive..the SS case isn't as nicely shaped and lacks the impressive 'trident' backplate..on the plus side, the gold plated indice surrounds & gold plated hour/minute hand edges, coupled w/ the bronze bezel edge, really enhances the look of the dial under it's domed crystal..the dial is also a darker shade of green that looks richer..and at 39mm, it wears comfortably on my average sized wrist(as does the CW)..so which do I prefer?..honestly, it's another wash..both are nice looking and have excellent pedigrees..while I slightly prefer the look of the Oris, the CW looks very nearly as nice..really, from a bargain hunter's perspective, I think it boils down to whether one would want to spend another $640.00 for the Oris..and I have the blue dial C65 Diver coming in a few days!! :)

**edited to provide some photos of the 2 watches..
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(1).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(2).JPG
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki & Oris 65 BB Green(3).JPG
Thanks for the comparison as I have been weighing up the C65 vs Oris Diver 65. Missed out on sale price so leaning towards the Oris. Be keen to see the blue when it arrives!
Will do..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Herbert Heartsbane
CW-watches: 0

Post by Herbert Heartsbane »

Congratulations to all those who got what they wanted in the sale. Some great pieces to be had for sure if you were quick!

For those who like me have been holding fire not wanting to pay full price and waiting for a code. I stumbled across one last night which gives 10%.

MOD10

I know this is a bit bellow the black Friday offer which ended. Hope it's off use to some people, I'd be interested to know if you would still hold off say for a £100/120voucher or 15% as I think those are more common?
Jim

"Your skin's waterproof so jump on in"
Tissot/Skx/C60mrk3
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

WalterSMonaco wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm My Trident came yesterday pretty impressive turn around by CW. Will go with my other two CW I got this month. One during the holiday sale... And one I got off of Ebay...
Wow. All 3 versions in one month! You must REALLY like the Trident line. :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Well didn’t start out that way but two of them were pretty good deals. Couldn’t pass up the COSC at half off... and I really wanted a GMT
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 pm ...the CW looks very nearly as nice..really, from a bargain hunter's perspective, I think it boils down to whether one would want to spend another $640.00 for the Oris..and I have the blue dial C65 Diver coming in a few days!! :)
I think if you compare the CW C65 Auto to the Oris, you would get a better like for like comparison. I'm really taken by the CW C65, I think it's a stunning watch and I'm definitely on the lookout for one (used).

Glad you got your order in a timely manner. Good service is like the icing on the cake.