Jan sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Jan sale

Post by StrappedUp »

Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:16 pm picked up a 38mm white dial and red bezel mk2 Trident for £350.
Same here. Definitely a keeper as long as it all goes through ok [-o<
Ryan
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Soporsche wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm Hi Guys, you may be able to help, I have a c30 that always looked a little underwhelming - do you think this bracelet (C3) will fit as fundamentally the 30 is a 3 with COSC movement if Im not mistaken?
The bracelet for the C3 Mk1 won't fit the C30, unfortunately. The C30 was based on the C3 Mk2 case, which had 18mm lugs. But the C3 Mk1 had 20mm lugs, so the bracelet will be too wide.

Sorry. :(
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Couple more bits added;
60% - was empty now 2
50% - C60 Chrono back up (must resist)
Couple more straps
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Any leather straps curved!? for the speedhawk?? Or is that asking too much
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Soporsche wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm Couple more bits added;
60% - was empty now 2
50% - C60 Chrono back up (must resist)
Couple more straps
Brilliant; just bagged a Black pvd C60 Titanium bracelet for £90. Should be able to use it on my C600 Tri-Tech Elites.

Also notice 26mm Black Oak Leather for C2/C20

Think the C60 Chrono has gone (again).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

I picked up the Trident COSC white dial for 50 percent of. Had been looking for one for a while.

Tag Heuer Monaco
Tag Heuer Link
CW C60 Trident Pro 600
Orient Ray 2
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Well done Guy, I did consider that to go with a C60 Titanium currently up for sale on a strap :-)
yep c60 chrono gone..again!
The 2 watches added in 60% have gone.
Theres 22mm black Vintage Oak and 20mm Green Vintage in the wrong strap section (Over 70%) but really 55% off at 24.95
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:23 pm
Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:16 pm picked up a 38mm white dial and red bezel mk2 Trident for £350.
Same here. Definitely a keeper as long as it all goes through ok [-o<
One thing re. these 38mm red/whites (9 o'clock logo), I don't think these have been publicly available as part of the normal lineup have they?

Just "cobbled" together using remaining stock perhaps.
Ryan
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Have people received the confirmation emails? My order went through as I had to put in the 6 digit code that was text to me as part of the payment process, plus it’s showing as pending from my account.

When I check I’ve not had the confirmation email, nor is is showing as an order in my history.

Might be CW and their systems but not sure if it’s others impacted as well as me
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Picked up a bracelet for my C9, at 70% off it seemed rude not to.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm Have people received the confirmation emails? My order went through as I had to put in the 6 digit code that was text to me as part of the payment process, plus it’s showing as pending from my account.

When I check I’ve not had the confirmation email, nor is is showing as an order in my history.

Might be CW and their systems but not sure if it’s others impacted as well as me
Mine was through in less than five minutes, but I did use Paypal, maybe makes a difference?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:16 pm
Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm Have people received the confirmation emails? My order went through as I had to put in the 6 digit code that was text to me as part of the payment process, plus it’s showing as pending from my account.

Mine was through in less than five minutes, but I did use Paypal, maybe makes a difference?
I got confirmation email within a minute or two and the order shows as processing in my account; paid with a debit card.

This was within about 15 minutes of receiving the CW email so was probably one of the early orders. Maybe the systems are struggling a little under load?
Tim
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

ondris wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm Hello,

I am new member here and hopefully a C60 Bronze owner in the coming weeks. 

I have received the sales e-mail and was about to purchase a half price item, just when I saw that these are 38mm and not 43.

There is a C60 Bronze in the nearly new corner, but not on leather strap, and I am afraid that a “nearly new” bronze case will be a lot different than a brand new one (for example a watch that spent 1 month without the stickers and manipulated several times might already show a lot of patina).
What is your opinion on this?

Also, do you think we will get a more standard voucher code (like the “120€ off” ones)?
If you can get one, definitely pick up your Bronze in the sale. You can easily clean any patina with lemon juice etc. Also, I would expect a voucher later so your call.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

My confirmation email came through straight away. But my payment was via PayPal as per the above.

In my experience, if you don't get the confirmation email then the order/payment hasn't completed successfully, so it would be worth phoning CW to sort it out.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Mike2795647 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:16 pm I took a punt in the end, picked up a 38mm white dial and red bezel mk2 Trident for £350.

Not overly keen on the bracelet with the shiny mid link so will likely keep my eye out for a black hybrid strap if I decide to keep it
Congrats on the white/red Mk2. I love mine, and personally think it's the best colour combo. As for the bracelet, I'm looking at picking one up in the sale, and am trying to decide between the brushed, and brushed/polished. The polished center links do work well with the Mk2 case, as the top of the lugs are polished, so it gives some continuity to the overall look, but the all brushed is better look when taken in isolation. If you can't get on with the PCL's, there are some members on here that have brushed the center links with some patience and a Scotchbrite pad, so there is a fix for it.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.