Any updates for new C60 colorways?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Any updates for new C60 colorways?

Post by Commisar »

Hello all, I've settled on a C60 Trident as my next watch purchase... Except the one I really want, a 40mm with a red bezel still doesn't exist. I know they added the blue dial, blue bezel option on 40mm about 7 months after the C60 v3 launch.

Have there been any rumblings about getting the 40mm C60 up to the same color options as the 38mm and 42mm?

Or, have there been any hints at new dial colors, like yellow, orange or maybe even silver?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Frighty
CW-watches: 1

Re: Any updates for new C60 colorways?

Post by Frighty »

I was wondering today whether the C60 GMT might get 2 tone bezels sometime..Wait and see I guess..

Darksol

Post by Darksol »

If a two tone C60 GMT comes out... it'll be my next CW purchase.

Jagmeister

Post by Jagmeister »

The current edition of Loupe includes a page that says there's a new C60 chronograph coming in 2020.

The design concept shows the possibility of it coming in black with yellow accents.

Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Commisar wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:05 pm
Hello all, I've settled on a C60 Trident as my next watch purchase... Except the one I really want, a 40mm with a red bezel still doesn't exist. I know they added the blue dial, blue bezel option on 40mm about 7 months after the C60 v3 launch.
Similarly, I was so hoping for a red bezel in the 40mm size. There were noises made (in a previous topic) about the red bezel being eventually phased out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53083

So with my wrist size being about 7.25 inches, I pulled the trigger on the 42mm option with the red bezel, just in case the rumour proves correct.
Regards
Craig

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Craig64 wrote:
Commisar wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:05 pm
Similarly, I was so hoping for a red bezel in the 40mm size. There were noises made (in a previous topic) about the red bezel being eventually phased out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53083

So with my wrist size being about 7.25 inches, I pulled the trigger on the 42mm option with the red bezel, just in case the rumour proves correct.
Well darn, that does make sense. Hmmm, the 42 is just thicker than the 40mm..... Black on black isn't bad but I love some color.... I'll have to find a 42mm one to try onImage

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Craig64 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:01 pm

It is not just a rumor. When the existing supply of red ceramic is gone...it is gone. There is no definitive date set. All based on existing inventory, but was estimated to be in the first quarter of 2020.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Kip wrote:
Craig64 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:01 pm

It is not just a rumor. When the existing supply of red ceramic is gone...it is gone. There is no definitive date set. All based on existing inventory, but was estimated to be in the first quarter of 2020.
Ohh my..... I gotta make a decision QUICK. I have a 7.1-7.2 inch diameter wrist..... Does the 42mm looks silly or ridiculously large on a wrist that size?

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Commisar. My wrist is slightly smaller and 42mm is comfortable and looks OK to me. Does not look or feel 'oversized'

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Commisar wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 pm
Ohh my..... I gotta make a decision QUICK. I have a 7.1-7.2 inch diameter wrist..... Does the 42mm looks silly or ridiculously large on a wrist that size?
This is 43mm on approx 7.2 - 7.25 inch wrist.
E97DE642-EDE8-467B-A0BC-EE3FBF5B9616.jpeg
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:Commisar. My wrist is slightly smaller and 42mm is comfortable and looks OK to me. Does not look or feel 'oversized'
Good to hear.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Also don’t forget you have the 60 day free return if in unworn condition. You can at least try it on.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Frighty

Post by Frighty »

I actually measured my C60 the other day as I’d seen a picture of someone else wearing the exact same watch and it looked huge, it looks totally normal on me and I didn’t think I have particularly large wrists...So glad I went for the 42mm, not that I had a choice as this is the only option for the white dial..think my wrist is 7 and a bit..
26219D32-74AB-4F56-9CC3-E9E596B7E8C0.jpeg

Frighty

Post by Frighty »

I actually measured my C60 the other day as I’d seen a picture of someone else wearing the exact same watch and it looked huge, it looks totally normal on me and I didn’t think I have particularly large wrists...So glad I went for the 42mm, not that I had a choice as this is the only option for the white dial..think my wrist is 7 and a bit..
Weirdly, having taken that picture I realise they seem to appear larger in pictures. They wear a lot smaller in reality ..
Last edited by Amor Vincit Omnia on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not using quote tags or attachment properly!

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 »

Frighty wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Weirdly, having taken that picture I realise they seem to appear larger in pictures. They wear a lot smaller in reality ..
It's been said many times, using a wide angle lens will distort the foreground to background dramatically, so wrist shots taken self held (particularly with phones) have to be viewed with that distortion in mind. Unfortunately, to make a shot in proper proportion is a right PITA.....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)