Christmas/New Year Sale?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Christmas/New Year Sale?

Post by Thegreyman » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Any thoughts/predictions on whether there will be a sale, what may be offered - across the board discount, or just specific models on offer?

My mind is a bit hazy on what format the sale took last year, I recall there was one in early January.

Currently there is no clearance page on the CW website so perhaps gearing up for something?

The website seems to be a bit more robust of late so hopefully no more crashes if/when the sale does go live.
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Trident mk2.5 White/Red, C65 Ombre COSC LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Christmas/New Year Sale?

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Gut feeling 6th or 7th of Jan will be the start - no plans to buy anything but I think they'll clear out the majority of quartz pieces plus any other MK2 Tridents etc incl Bronze and Chronographs.

Anyone else notice the MK2 Tridents that are still advertised on the CW website are now shown on straps and not bracelets? Suggesting stocks of the MK2 bracelets are now depleted and any sale watches may well be fitted with rubber or leather straps.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris

josbrownlie
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by josbrownlie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Fingers crossed for a new addition.
FS: MSTR MAJOR MJ106TL Gold/Black viewtopic.php?f=46&t=51230

Breitling B-1, CWL C9 Big Day Date x2, C60 Trident 300, C9 Jumping Hour Mk III, C9 Moonphase, C60 Trident Pro 600 x2, Steinhart Ocean 1

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 am

what-time-is-it wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Anyone else notice the MK2 Tridents that are still advertised on the CW website are now shown on straps and not bracelets? Suggesting stocks of the MK2 bracelets are now depleted and any sale watches may well be fitted with rubber or leather straps.
I tried to buy a mk2 bracelet from CW a coupla months back, no stock at all so yep, history.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)