I Know, I Know...(Logo Opinion)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jamesj9

Re: I Know, I Know...(Logo Opinion)

Post by jamesj9 »

Hi everyone, I've just signed up to the forum after purchasing my first CW - the C60 Trident Pro COSC with the old style logo.
I visited the CW showroom and had a good look at all their current watches (mainly dive and pilots). I then asked on the off chance if they still had any of the old COSC C60s as I had seen them on the clearance page several times. They did and as soon I saw the watch I fell in love! In my opinion the wave dial, old logo and everything about it was spot on. It only cost me £800 as well! (Not sure why they struggled to sell them- is it the thickness of the watch?)
So- what I'm trying to say is that I don't hate the new logo, but the old logo on the wave dial is a thing of beauty! :thumbup:
Adriano40180
CW-watches: 0

Post by Adriano40180 »

The new nameless versions are unthinkable to me who wants a luxury watch without the logo?
It looks more like the mods that copy of large manufacture only remove the name, it is regrettable especially that it seems to be going in this direction.
zonnicso

Post by zonnicso »

jamesj9 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:24 pm Hi everyone, I've just signed up to the forum after purchasing my first CW - the C60 Trident Pro COSC with the old style logo.
I visited the CW showroom and had a good look at all their current watches (mainly dive and pilots). I then asked on the off chance if they still had any of the old COSC C60s as I had seen them on the clearance page several times. They did and as soon I saw the watch I fell in love! In my opinion the wave dial, old logo and everything about it was spot on. It only cost me £800 as well! (Not sure why they struggled to sell them- is it the thickness of the watch?)
So- what I'm trying to say is that I don't hate the new logo, but the old logo on the wave dial is a thing of beauty! :thumbup:
Was in the same boat recently, really hated the new logo and, I won't lie, was tad bitter for not having picked up a trident earlier. But I must say, the more often I see the new layout the more I like it. Think it's growing on my to a point where I might stop scouting Ebay and just pick up a new trident.
andrewht

Post by andrewht »

My first CW was a Trident just as the new logo was being released. I think I got one of the last of the old logos.

I also have a C8 old logo bought at the same time.

My third was a new logo C65. Having lived with it I have to say I really like it; I now understand the reasons and thinking behind the change in brand. Dare I say, my Mark 2 Trident looks a bit dated with the old logo but I do like them all.
francis sexton

Post by francis sexton »

I almost bought a 595 in gold, but the position of the logo at 9 o`clock stopped me. As you said , a lost sale.
jvspin
CW-watches: 3

Post by jvspin »

The V3 logo and position isn't a show stopper for me but it is a pretty high hurdle that I haven't been able to get over yet. I liked the V1 logo better than Chr.Ward but as I understand it was too similar to the ChronoSwiss one.

Their sales may have improved with the logo/marketing change, but from the overall response, it seems like sales would be even better if they'd left the logo/position alone or came up with one that didn't turn so many people off.

Too bad they didn't go with the twin flags at 12, maybe with "London" right below them, as I like many of their offerings.
C9 SS, Jump Hour MK3, C60 Pro Vintage
Bunch of JDM Citizen watches
PavG
CW-watches: 2

Post by PavG »

I thought I don't like the logo at first but I couldn't resist the watch (C65 Trident Vintage MkII). After wearing the watch for a couple of months - the logo really grew on me and I think it suits the watch. It's a ''yes'' from me now.