Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Bezel Insert

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

jrpippen wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:54 pm Would be great to source a trident mk1 bezel insert.

Anyone know how to get one?
Yup; send your C60 Trident MkI to CW and . . .
Soporsche wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 pm I think CW would do this for you but as i recall will only be on a like for like basis ie not a different colour/model.
So as long as its just a fix or replacement, they can help.
I also dont know if they will supply a bezel for you to do yourself?!
This position may have changed so worth checking but was when I last read a thread on changing bezels.
MarkingTime wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 am CW will replace bezels on a like for like basis, unless there is no stock of your particular bezel. What happens if there is no stock I don't know, as some watches won't look great with a different bezel colour. I would imagine the price to be in the region of £40 (as a rough guess).

In the case of Oris, certainly on the TT divers, the bezels are not removable, by all accounts, without damaging the case. I'm certainly not going to try and test that on my watch though.
Only one other way; buy a pre-owned C60 Trident MkI and have your local Watchmaker swap them over.

Simples. :eek: :eek:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Oris bezel insert replaced by Chrontime

Post by Dilbert »

At an affordable price, the Oris UK service centre has replaced a bezel insert on my TT diver :thumbup:

Sure, a watch might need to go to the relevant service centre (Oris or CW) for repair. But replacing a bezel insert should be a routine, and affordable, fix.

Chrontime, the official service centre for Oris in the UK, quotes around £35 for an aluminium insert (plus labour). I imagine a ceramic insert may cost more, but it shouldn't be prohibitive.

A key reason for buying a brand like Oris or CW is that you can keep the watch in excellent condition for years if not decades. Consequently, I expect them to offer servicing, case refinishing, and spare parts for years to come. It’s vital for these brands’ reputations – especially in the age of watch forums!
jrpippen
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by jrpippen »

Just need a bezel insert. It’s a 3 min job

I can do most refinishing jobs myself, scratch removals etc etc, a bezel insert is one of the easiest jobs. Especially on a trident Mk 1.
39FDAA5B-F0FF-4A44-AF06-83FCCC73499C.jpeg
E3DF01A9-21A9-4D39-B4F6-29B6BE027E7D.jpeg
CFEFA17A-1E2D-4494-A094-CD22CD606577.jpeg
I don’t need a watchmaker to swap them, I can do it myself.
If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
jrpippen
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by jrpippen »

image.jpg
Just called them.

So apparently when the workshop is open a gain I can organise buying the bezel insert. . . .

We shall see. :-)

It will look awesome on a new one, but will defo keep the old one for that “rugged” look. :-)
If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
Leo.R

Post by Leo.R »

That's weird...

I've just called them and asked to buy a bezel and they said they do not sell watch parts to customers. I don't want to wait the 8-10 weeks for a repair and am perfectly happy to do it myself.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Is it a standard size, so you could just get one from AliExpress or eBay?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Never found an aftermarket bezel yet that will fit any of the C60's. There is no "standard".

To my knowledge, the only way to get it replaced is to send the watch to CW. Of course you could always invest in a donor watch and do it yourself.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.