Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soporsche
Expert
Expert
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:22 am
CW-watches: 7
Location: London

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Soporsche » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:49 pm

There was a c60 38mm in black on NN section today along with 3 other watches, it lasted about 30 mins and would have been perfect based on your requirement.
I have purchased 3 from Nearly New (NN) over the past couple of years and none of mine have been distinguishable from New and all carry the same warranty.
They seem to be adding a few every couple of days at the moment so maybe worth keeping a tab open on your browser so you can pounce if the right one pops up.
Good luck with the hunt (and the wedding) and keep an eye in this thread or your PMs as I'm sure someone will message if they happen to see something that may suit.
CW's: 7+
Various others: Heuer, Tudor, Dan Henry, Seiko,..

Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Gripper » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm

There's a NN black c60 on bracelet in clearance now :thumbup:

Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Gripper » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Gripper wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm
There's a NN black c60 on bracelet in clearance now :thumbup:
In size 38mm

CW257
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by CW257 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Gripper wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm
There's a NN black c60 on bracelet in clearance now :thumbup:
Thank you so much for the tip off - I have pulled the trigger on it! Can't wait :D

Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Gripper » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:51 pm

CW257 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm
Gripper wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm
There's a NN black c60 on bracelet in clearance now :thumbup:
Thank you so much for the tip off - I have pulled the trigger on it! Can't wait :D
Your're welcome, I'm sure you will be happy with it. Good luck with the wedding.

Macdaz
Senior
Senior
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: UK

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Macdaz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 pm

CW257 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm
Gripper wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm
There's a NN black c60 on bracelet in clearance now :thumbup:
Thank you so much for the tip off - I have pulled the trigger on it! Can't wait :D
Great news well done (and well done Gripper!) I'd been checking through the day, but missed it. (I'm not looking to buy I just like looking 'cos you never know!)

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but post back when you have it and let us have your views. And good luck with the wedding
Omega SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako & Mako XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3 Malvern |Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2|Vostok Komandirskie 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT

CW257
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by CW257 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 pm

Thanks both, will do.

The advice I’ve had on this thread has been invaluable. I’ve coveted a C60 for a long time, but were it not for hearing about the NN section and the 30% discount I would’ve assumed they were out of my budget currently.

I have to say though that I’m still a huge fan of the Grand Tourer. I appreciate quartz aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but personally for me the dial is a huge factor in picking any watch and I’m certainly not ruling out purchasing one of those once I have a bit more disposable income...

Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Gripper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:35 pm

CW257 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 pm
Thanks both, will do.

The advice I’ve had on this thread has been invaluable. I’ve coveted a C60 for a long time, but were it not for hearing about the NN section and the 30% discount I would’ve assumed they were out of my budget currently.

I have to say though that I’m still a huge fan of the Grand Tourer. I appreciate quartz aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but personally for me the dial is a huge factor in picking any watch and I’m certainly not ruling out purchasing one of those once I have a bit more disposable income...
There is a NN Trident C60 300 38mm just added to clearance, you could always cancel your C60 600 order if you would prefer quartz at a cheaper price.

Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Gripper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Gripper wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:35 pm
CW257 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 pm
Thanks both, will do.

The advice I’ve had on this thread has been invaluable. I’ve coveted a C60 for a long time, but were it not for hearing about the NN section and the 30% discount I would’ve assumed they were out of my budget currently.

I have to say though that I’m still a huge fan of the Grand Tourer. I appreciate quartz aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but personally for me the dial is a huge factor in picking any watch and I’m certainly not ruling out purchasing one of those once I have a bit more disposable income...
There is a NN Trident C60 300 38mm just added to clearance, you could always cancel your C60 600 order if you would prefer quartz at a cheaper price.
There WAS a................................., didn't hang around long!

CW257
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by CW257 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Gripper wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:35 pm
CW257 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 pm
Thanks both, will do.

The advice I’ve had on this thread has been invaluable. I’ve coveted a C60 for a long time, but were it not for hearing about the NN section and the 30% discount I would’ve assumed they were out of my budget currently.

I have to say though that I’m still a huge fan of the Grand Tourer. I appreciate quartz aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but personally for me the dial is a huge factor in picking any watch and I’m certainly not ruling out purchasing one of those once I have a bit more disposable income...
There is a NN Trident C60 300 38mm just added to clearance, you could always cancel your C60 600 order if you would prefer quartz at a cheaper price.
I'd rather have the Auto when it's available, I just meant that if there's a model which is only available in quartz only (e.g. the Grand Tourer) it wouldn't put me off.

User avatar
Devarika Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2131
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Providence, RI
Contact:

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by Devarika Woulf » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 pm

I also think the Grand Tourer is a cool vintage piece. I have the 2017 FLE (C3 Mk III 'Panda') and they're a bit too close to it for me to get one. I'm currently coveting a Trident Mk III GMT. There are other CWs which I also like (and some are cheaper) but I think I'm going to wait it out as I add to the piggy bank. A little here and there and all of a sudden you've the funds if one pops up in the NN section! :thumbup:
^_^ -Joseph

CW257
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: Advice on my second C.W. purchase

Post by CW257 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Just an update - having ordered last Thursday I've just received confirmation that it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Less than a week from order to delivery seems fairly decent to me!

Post Reply