FLE #8 Design Vote #2

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please vote for any, and only, those that you would buy.

Poll ended at Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm

OPTION 9: Red gradient dial, red bezel insert Image
11%
OPTION 20: Blue bezel insert Image
18%
OPTION 22: Blue bezel insert Image
26%
OPTION 28: Image
18%
OPTION 30: Image
26%

Total votes: 61

borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Re: FLE #8 Design Vote #2

Post by borderman »

Voted at the weekend :D

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I was seriously considering #22 with the yellow accents, but have just seen the hints at the new chronograph with yellow accents in the new Loupe, so will have to hold off on my vote for now as this is a possible purchase for me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.40.39 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

^ and look where the "Christopher Ward" is located !
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 pm ^ and look where the "Christopher Ward" is located !
I hadn't noticed that. Good catch. I'm assuming it's because there will be a sub-dial at 9 o'clock.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

^^^ Chaps, this isn't the right place to be discussing watches that you would rather buy than the FLE candidates. This thread is about trying to get enough votes for an FLE to proceed, not to give people reasons NOT to vote for an FLE. You were both advocates for a second poll and now you're potentially undermining it - albeit that the leader is still someway off the magic 25 votes threshold. Please have this discussion in another thread.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

welshlad wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:48 pm ^^^ Chaps, this isn't the right place to be discussing watches that you would rather buy than the FLE candidates. This thread is about trying to get enough votes for an FLE to proceed, not to give people reasons NOT to vote for an FLE. You were both advocates for a second poll and now you're potentially undermining it - albeit that the leader is still someway off the magic 25 votes threshold. Please have this discussion in another thread.
Sorry. Didn't mean to cause issues with my post. I see your point, but personally I would rather have someone post what is upcoming if it would help me make a decision. I would be frustrated if I invested in an FLE only to find out later there was a new Chronograph in the near future with a similar color scheme that I wished I'd saved my pennies for.

My apologies, and I will not discuss it any further on this thread.
Malcolm

politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by politel »

welshlad wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:48 pm ^^^ Chaps, this isn't the right place to be discussing watches that you would rather buy than the FLE candidates. This thread is about trying to get enough votes for an FLE to proceed, not to give people reasons NOT to vote for an FLE. You were both advocates for a second poll and now you're potentially undermining it - albeit that the leader is still someway off the magic 25 votes threshold. Please have this discussion in another thread.
:clap:

There will always be new temptations - but probably not a new FLE
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
politel
Senior
Senior

Post by politel »

we only need 8 more votes
Rainer

wanted:
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I have just voted, although I don’t think that really helps. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I'm not sure if you're including me in the 2 advocates but if so I don't think I asked for a 2nd vote as I said time time ago I wasn't interested in these FLE designs.
However I understand what you mean about undermining the voting process so will not post any further other than I hope way more than 25 vote for 1 of these designs as many people have put in a lot of their time and skills to get to this stage (as I also already stated some time ago).
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I was starting to like the blue Ombre a bit though still indifferent. Had it been at 24 I felt I would have voted yes to put it over. But, frankly, I think CW have so many different options right now that a FLE isn't necessarily needed. Perhaps it's the first time for that ever. And there's even more good things on the way from what we're hearing. Glad a second attempt was tried; though.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
politel
Senior
Senior

Post by politel »

That's what most people think.
Shame about the forum.

So much talk and no result. :thumbdown:
Rainer

wanted:
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

A shame it hasn't gone ahead as there were a lot of great designs submitted.
Can see why people have held off with the wave of new designs been released by CW towers.
If the cack handed logo would have been moved to a proper place it may have gotten closer or over the line.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Having so many PVD options shut me out, impractical, much as they looked gorgeous.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

When the dust settles a bit we may realised that there were a number of reasons why this didn’t work out.

Back in the early days, and I suppose that still applied to some extent when I joined back in 2011, there were far fewer designs, styles and models out there so a FLE was quite a big thing.

Not surprisingly these days a lot of people are “watched out”. Some of us simply have more watches than we can wear sensibly in a given period of time. Many people have stopped, are stopping, or are contemplating stopping buying watches. Most of us begin to realise after a while that you cannot simply keep on buying them, at least not the standard models, and not unless you are a genuine collector as opposed to a wearer.

This is the reason I haven’t bought a Moonglow. Having said that, I did vote for all the blue case models because I felt they were something very different, especially the ones with the transparent twin flag dial. If something like them is produced I will probably be interested because it’s so different.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)