LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Admin Team meets at CW towers

Post by Kip » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:45 am

On November 4/5 your Admin Team met at CW Towers for what has become an annual event.

I thought I would let you know what I can about what is happening.

Most of the team is familiar how general operations are in Maidenhead and we are most certainly aware of some of the issues that have surfaced over the past 6 months or so that have seemingly moved to center stage on this forum and other social media outlets.

As has been said before, CW is aware of the difficulties they have been having and are taking major steps to put systems in order to get CS and service levels back to what they want and know customers expect. Solutions are imminent but will take some time. Some temporary measures have been put in place while they work toward an internal overhaul that is expected to streamline operations in a successful manner that should put communications and service with the best in the industry. Based on what the Admin team has seen, we would expect that the major forthcoming improvements will do that.

We had the privilege of meeting with designer Adrian Buchmann who revealed some exciting releases planned for 2020 and the process of how they are being developed. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you about these, but I think you will be impressed with what CW has in store. Watch for them!!

Forum developments were also discussed….after all, this was the primary reason for our visit.

CW has very impressed with the new CWArchives and will be supporting us with further information we are still looking for to complete. They certainly see the long term value of the CWArchives for collectors and CW itself.

We reviewed with Sammy, our technical support person at CW, some rather interesting forum stats. We have discovered that, for the first time, this forum is now getting more new registrations from the USA than the UK. While this may not yet be reflective in posts, we did find it most surprising.

A software upgrade is also forthcoming so we can get the new CWArchives linked up to our home page and eventually linked to the CW website. The upgrade will also take care of some niggling issues we have in the background. We are hoping this will be within the next two weeks.

Several other forum ideas were suggested and discussed. The Admin team will be discussing many of the ideas for overall improvements and will advise you what might develop.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

Laird
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 22

Re: Admin Team meets at CW towers

Post by Laird » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am

Thanks for that update & insight ...

I do hope that visible progress with the mooted CS improvements is quickly evident - otherwise, the topic as presented will be viewed as 'content-free' .... aspects you mention are identical with an email dialogue that I had with Chris Ward exactly a year ago ...
|C70s - not DBR1 COSC/AM100 |C7 'BlueBird' |C7 IRR COSC |C7 BRG LE |C7 Rapide Mk2 COSC |C7 COSC Valjoux |C3 Blue GT |C4 Phoenix |C8 Pilots M1&2 |C60 316L Yellow |C8 UTC |C60 Trident GMT |C60 Trident Valjoux |C65 Classic Rose |C50 Day-Date COSC |

Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks for the update Kip. Just anecdotally, US forum registrations increasing beyond UK doesn't surprise me. It's felt for some while that there has been an increasing US presence on the forum.

Looking forward to the CS improvements!

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Hopefully the software upgrade will fix the rotating photo problem?

borderman
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by borderman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Not to have to log in every time I visit the forum even having pressed the
remember me tag :)

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.

Thunder1
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Thunder1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

I personally appreciate the fact that the admin staff took it upon themselves to address the CS issues some of us have experienced lately..until you've put into a situation such as that, it is hard to appreciate the angst involved..really liking my C65 Trident SH21 L.E. now that I have it..again, thanx folks!!!.. :clap:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..

FullFat
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by FullFat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm

borderman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Dave
This :clap:

downer
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes

Post by downer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm

FullFat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm
borderman wrote:

Dave
Can I ask, what operating system / browser you guys are using?

I believe the majority of users do not suffer with this issue, so we need to try to narrow down the cause/circumstance.

Personally, I use the forum via Windows 10/Chrome, iOS/Tapatalk on iPhone and both iOS/Tapatalk and iOS/Safari on iPad. I often have sessions open on two or more devices and I very, very rarely have to re=enter my user credentials.
Richard

borderman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by borderman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm

downer wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm
FullFat wrote:
borderman wrote:

Dave

I believe the majority of users do not suffer with this issue, so we need to try to narrow down the cause/circumstance.

Personally, I use the forum via Windows 10/Chrome, iOS/Tapatalk on iPhone and both iOS/Tapatalk and iOS/Safari on iPad. I often have sessions open on two or more devices and I very, very rarely have to re=enter my user credentials.
Hi Richard I use Google Chrome notepad never had a problem until the last forum update :problem:

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.

richtel
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:11 pm

borderman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm
downer wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm
FullFat wrote:

Hi Richard I use Google Chrome notepad never had a problem until the last forum update :problem:

Dave
Dave, try flushing your browser cache and cookies. Log in again and see if that fixes it.
Rgds
Rich.

downer

Post by downer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

borderman wrote:

Dave
Have you tried clearing the cache in Chrome? (Control + Shift + Delete in Chrome). You may wish to clear cookies too - although be aware this can cause you to lose a few stored settings on other websites, and you may wish to selectively clear only the cookies that relate to the forum.
Richard

borderman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by borderman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:20 pm

downer wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm
borderman wrote:

Dave
Have you tried clearing the cache in Chrome? (Control + Shift + Delete in Chrome). You may wish to clear cookies too - although be aware this can cause you to lose a few stored settings on other websites, and you may wish to selectively clear only the cookies that relate to the forum.
Cheers Richard I will try that many thanks
Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.

borderman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by borderman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:27 pm

downer wrote:
borderman wrote:

Dave
Have just done that Richard so will see next time I log in :-k

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.

downer

Post by downer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm

borderman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:27 pm
downer wrote:
borderman wrote:

Dave

Dave
Hope it works, Dave - coz it's all I've got... :lol:
Richard

borderman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by borderman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 pm

downer wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm
borderman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:27 pm
downer wrote:

Dave
Hope it works, Dave - coz it's all I've got... :lol:
Seems to work Richard thank you :thumbup:
Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.