C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Post by albionphoto »

Hi Ryan - I was thinking of the orange bit on the GMT hand. I think red would have looked better.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I think it is a decent looking watch, but agree the black date window does rankle a bit.

Overall imo the Polar Explorer design would have worked better on the C60 Trident mk3 with it's handset plus a ceramic bezel.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

I really like this watch. The black date wheel and logo don’t phase me, they’re relatively well balanced. It matches the black bezel, hands etc.

I would’ve loved to see a steel bezel myself, although that might be bordering on an explorer ii polar homage
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
Gyelex
Junior
Junior

Post by Gyelex »

That looks really good. And major bonus points for the environmental stance
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

They really missed the mark on the date. On the black C65s it's this subtle, nice feature and it should be the same here. Even though the hands are black, the big black spot on the dial doesn't make any sense. On top of that, I wish the markers were black to match. It seems odd for one and not the other.

"Black PVD-coated hands with orange GMT hand"

Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Looks decent overall, but I really can't understand the date wheel colour :?
The date wheel on the black C65s balance the CW logo quite well in person, but this just looks sloppy, especially given white is standard 'off-the-shelf'.
Is white a standard "'off the shelf" date wheel? There's 1 on the C60 Trident white but would that fit?
If not the black date wheel on this C65 white seems to be a cost saving feature as it'd only be for 300 pieces. But I'd still prefer a white date wheel with black numbers.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

The piece contains some interesting details, including the black date wheel but the thing that would really rankle, like the C10 FLE, is the mismatched hands and markers.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:50 pm Is white a standard "'off the shelf" date wheel? There's 1 on the C60 Trident white but would that fit?
If not the black date wheel on this C65 white seems to be a cost saving feature as it'd only be for 300 pieces. But I'd still prefer a white date wheel with black numbers.
White and black date wheels are both standard. I am 100% convinced the black date wheel is an explicit design choice, not a cost-saving measure. And I quite like it, even though I normally prefer matching date wheels. Like Ryan, I shall be asking Adrian about his thinking behind it at the GTG on Saturday!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I suppose it depends to some extent on one’s visual acuity, but it strikes me that the contrast between the date wheel background and the dial provides for better reading. The same is true, I think, of my C60 Trident GMT in the reverse combination:

A33B3807-4936-448F-85F6-C1BFB6761DBF.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
andyboy

Post by andyboy »

I like the hybrid strap. Anyone know if that's likely to be released as a standalone strap for purchase?
Oris Aquis. Alpina Startimer
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

andyboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm I like the hybrid strap. Anyone know if that's likely to be released as a standalone strap for purchase?
Yes it will be. But only after the initial wave of demand for the watch has settled down. Probably in a month or two, I would guess.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

This watch on the leather looks fantastic to me. I quite like the contrast of the black date wheel.

As I look at it though, I can’t help but wish there was an option to get a green bezel. I’d be throwing my money at CW if that was the case. Brown leather strap, white dial, and green bezel are a beautiful combo, if you ask me. Are there 24 like minded people out there? ;-)
Drew
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:23 pm This watch on the leather looks fantastic to me.

Are there 24 like minded people out there? ;-)
I'd like to see it on a black leather strap.
Have you seen the threads re.a potential FLE? It's not easy getting 24 like minds together :D
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 pm Have you seen the threads re.a potential FLE? It's not easy getting 24 like minds together :D
Congratulations! You win the forum's "Understatement of the Year 2019" prize! :lol: :party:
andyboy

Post by andyboy »

welshlad wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:21 pm
andyboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm I like the hybrid strap. Anyone know if that's likely to be released as a standalone strap for purchase?
Yes it will be. But only after the initial wave of demand for the watch has settled down. Probably in a month or two, I would guess.
Thank you!
Oris Aquis. Alpina Startimer