When will I get my watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Re: When will I get my watch?

Post by gatehealing »

Ranger wrote:Their excuses don't wash with me any more, apparently my C9 AM GT has been in for some time but can't be dispatched "because others have paid for next day delivery". This would be acceptable were it not for the fact I ordered this watch in July with an expectation that it'd be delivered that month. It was supposed to be a gift for my birthday in August(2019 btw)!

I've been p****d with them before and returned to make further purchases, but this experience makes me want to give up on them.
Don’t worry...Mike France says it’ll be ok, that there are good changes in place. So you should get your watch 3 months ago, just be patient.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
golfjunky wrote:this is when someone from CW needs to come on here and explain/apologise.
Which you know full well they will not do.

This is an independently run forum without input or editorial control by CW.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Was it addressed with any specificity at the GTG? Ie what exactly are they doing to do about CS? QA? I know MF said something about shipping delays, but I didn’t really see a specific plan?
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Never had an extended Delivery for a Purchase (altho a couple of Repairs must have broken records !)

However, in the light of many of these posts, am wondering if the NN purchase I made on 04Nov19 is going to be a contender ....

UPDATE Monday 17.00: neednt have paniced - just had the Dispatch email - due for Delivery after Lunch tomorrow !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

gatehealing wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:29 am
Ranger wrote:Their excuses don't wash with me any more, apparently my C9 AM GT has been in for some time but can't be dispatched "because others have paid for next day delivery". This would be acceptable were it not for the fact I ordered this watch in July with an expectation that it'd be delivered that month. It was supposed to be a gift for my birthday in August(2019 btw)!

I've been p****d with them before and returned to make further purchases, but this experience makes me want to give up on them.
Don’t worry...Mike France says it’ll be ok, that there are good changes in place. So you should get your watch 3 months ago, just be patient.
:lol:

Dropped them another email at the end of last week asking can they fulfil my order and if so when.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email today asking for payment, on reflection it was a rather snippy email stating they had tried to contact me multiple times and needed new payment details as there was a problem with my card.

So card in hand I dialled the number for CW Maidenhead, now I couldn't speak to the person who had sent the email as they were on another call but I gave my details to one of their colleagues and we had a perfectly pleasant chat about my order and the unfortunate delay.

Half an hour later I got a dispatch email from the CW, only thing is it's a dispatch email stating the order was delivered 2 weeks to an address almost 400 miles from my own! I clicked the tracking info and it's been signed for by someone with the same first initial and surname as mine.

Cue another call to the CW nerve centre, long story short "someone in finance" had transposed some of my details onto those of someone else with the same(or very similar name).

As for the original question of when will I get my order, they can't say(turns out it's now not in the country again)
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

^^^ What a disaster.
Despite all that's been said by MF in the past or what might have been discussed at the recent Admin Team's time at CW Towers the above human error is just beyond belief. It's bad enough when a "normal" order goes wrong but when a long running problem order is not handled with the greatest attention possible as deserved and is sent to a wrong person and wrong address then it makes you wonder what is really still happening at CW.

I can't imagine what I would be doing or how I would be feeling by now if it was me trying to get this watch from CW. Personally I don't see any watch or company is worth this level of aggravation.
Ranger
Guru
Guru

Post by Ranger »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm ...I can't imagine what I would be doing or how I would be feeling by now if it was me trying to get this watch from CW. Personally I don't see any watch or company is worth this level of aggravation.
I'm actually quite interested to see how it all pans out now, however I don't believe I'll ever actually get it. :lol:

If I was new to the brand I'd have been spooked by this interaction and bailed by now. :shock:
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Ordered a NN C60 on the 5th and was shipped on 12th (Tuesday). Routed through Leipzig on Wednesday and arrived today in Cincinnati. Hopefully will be delivered by US Mail on Friday. 1.5 weeks is faster than last time so that's positive..!
Cmward

Post by Cmward »

I ordered a C8 PR Chronometer on Nov 15 and received an e-mail confirmation of order immediately.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of the lag in the order process. I should have been informed, upfront, about the fulfillment timeline. Also, for a company to make such an effort to make it difficult to call them on the phone is beyond frustrating - especially since they don’t seem interested in replying to e-mails in a timely fashion.

However, the one thing I need more of is patience. I’m looking forward to the watch and am confident that CW will complete my order. So, no longer in panic mode after reading this forum. I appreciate all the members posting their stories of waiting for their watches.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Cmward wrote:I ordered a C8 PR Chronometer on Nov 15 and received an e-mail confirmation of order immediately.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of the lag in the order process. I should have been informed, upfront, about the fulfillment timeline. Also, for a company to make such an effort to make it difficult to call them on the phone is beyond frustrating - especially since they don’t seem interested in replying to e-mails in a timely fashion.

However, the one thing I need more of is patience. I’m looking forward to the watch and am confident that CW will complete my order. So, no longer in panic mode after reading this forum. I appreciate all the members posting their stories of waiting for their watches.
Details of the order fulfillment and dispatch process / timeline (aimed for but not guaranteed) are set out by CW in their Delivery and Returns section with Customer Services on their website (as is customary for most online companies).

Hope you get your watch soon as the C8 PR is a fine watch.

Did you go for the steel or DLC case?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Unlike my last NN purchase, the C60 GMT I ordered two days ago has been shipped. From this and others recent stories, they appear to have the ordering and shipping process restored to where it should be. Good on ‘em.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Caki
CW-watches: 1

Post by Caki »

gaf1958 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:46 am Unlike my last NN purchase, the C60 GMT I ordered two days ago has been shipped. From this and others recent stories, they appear to have the ordering and shipping process restored to where it should be. Good on ‘em.
Lucky you :)

I ordered my NN MK3 8 days ago and it is not dispatched yet.

I sent 2 e-mails to CW asking them when can I expect the dispatch, but nobody is replying yet.

Dispatch should not take more than 3 days..
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:21 am
Details of the order fulfillment and dispatch process / timeline (aimed for but not guaranteed) are set out by CW in their Delivery and Returns section with Customer Services on their website (as is customary for most online companies).
Thanks to Guy for pointing out the relevant section on CWs website. The bit that seems to be broken is the delay before despatch. On the section referred to it also says:
"All delivery estimates are after despatch. Our customer promise is to despatch within 2 working days from order, unless the order has been held for a particular reason, e.g. engraving."

The current despatch time can be quite long. In the case of my C65 B&G we are at 8 business days without a despatch notification. I have selectively quoted this, but I don't think they are in a period of exceptional demand at the moment.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:07 pmThe current despatch time can be quite long. In the case of my C65 B&G we are at 8 business days without a despatch notification. I have selectively quoted this, but I don't think they are in a period of exceptional demand at the moment.
It's quite possible that in light of a few recent problems, they have intensified QC on stuff being sent out and things are taking longer. After my watch was repaired, it was another 7 days until I got it back as it stayed in QC and timing checks for the week. Something I had no problem with waiting for them to do..
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Fair enough, Dave. I'm not in a hurry for the C65 B&G. My issue is with setting customer expectations as they say "Our customer promise is despatch within 2 working days...". Just like you I want the watch to be right when it's despatched. But really, one's credit card shouldn't be charged until the watch has passed QC and entered into the system as "In Stock". Once a watch is officially "In Stock" then the customer should be billed, payment collected and the watch despatched.
In effect, I'm treating this as an experiment, rather like Thermexman in his thread.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Ranger
Guru
Guru

Post by Ranger »

My C9 AM GT is now in and has passed QC but won't be dispatched until next week, pretty rubbish considering they've told me that my order was being treated as priority.

Ironically I've now had to delay dispatch further as I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks from Monday. #-o :lol: