C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE

Post by DavecUK »

I'm still hoping for a resolution and I suspect a problem existed from the start but was not apparent during QC testing. It will be interesting to see what happened. I like the watch so really would prefer it's sorted out. My suspicion is there was something not quite right when the barrels and power train was assembled.

It might even be a simple fix and the movement sounds OK. Fortunately I have 5 or 6 other watches to wear. I won't second guess the outcome any further, as always best to be positive.
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

I hope this gets sorted. It’s a beautiful watch, definitely a higher end CW piece so I hope it gets resolved swiftly
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

DanielDZ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:06 am I hope this gets sorted. It’s a beautiful watch, definitely a higher end CW piece so I hope it gets resolved swiftly
It's been fixed already, defective click spring in the winding system damaged a couple of gears. All fixed and after a few more days checking should be on it's way back to me. Hopefully I will be wearing again in a week or so. It's not something that could have been picked up in initial quality control checks....just bad luck.

Yes, I do really like the look of the watch...one of the more attractive watches and with a date window I can actually read unaided.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Good luck w/ it!!..let us know how it goes...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Pleased to know that your issue has been resolved. Hopefully it will run smoothly for years to come. Good luck!

As for my C65 SH21 LE, I am wearing it for two consecutive weeks now. Only take off for shower. It runs extremely good. Love to see how the PR subdial gains power by the days.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

I guess the reassuring thing is that a capability obviously exists for some repairs on the SH21 to be performed in the UK, hopefully that capability will be expanded, removing the need to send watches to Switzerland.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

DavecUK wrote:I guess the reassuring thing is that a capability obviously exists for some repairs on the SH21 to be performed in the UK, hopefully that capability will be expanded, removing the need to send watches to Switzerland.
At the GTG this afternoon, in response to a general question about servicing, Mike France mentioned that currently some of the SH21 service / repair work is done at CW Towers in Maidenhead, but that will planned enhancement to the staff, they will be able to to do pretty much all work in UK.

The exception will be the single pusher Chrono watches that, due to the complexity of the movement, will still have to go to Switzerland.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Guy,

That's excellent news and confirms what I guessed was happening. These capabilities always take time to develop, especially if they are to be done well and as far as I am aware, there isn't a glut of skilled watchmakers available in the UK. We need more people to buy fully mechanical timepieces ;)
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

My C65 arrived back home today. Andrew Henry appears to have done a sterling job. Interestingly the winding was always super stiff from new but now feels as I would expect a watch with this sort of twin power reserve taking about 50 turns to feel...much more pleasant to wind...even zen like rather than making my fingertips hurt.

Andrew also tweaked the timing for me as a favour to the sort of levels I like across the power range, especially in the range it's more likely to sit in most of the time. It's nice to have it back on my wrist, Mr Oris & Mr Invicta can go back in the watch case or winder and I now have an excuse to alternate Mr Bulova with Mr SH21......

I just hope CW manage to attract more youngsters to watchmaking and build up a strong capability in the UK. I think there is no danger for them to build such a capability, because if there is not enough work to service CW watches, they can always service other brands as well.