DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: Staring into the C60 Abyss

Post by DaytonaRik » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:34 am

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:59 pm
Daytona, thanks for the extra picture. Is the bezel edge gloss. Looks reflective in the picture...
It certainly seems to be the case. I'll break out the macro lens over the next couple of days for a more detailed photo session
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson

lhlopez1

Post by lhlopez1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Just found this forum and wanted to let everyone know I did an unboxing video on YouTube for this watch.

I will make a more detailed video once I've experienced the watch a bit longer.
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added in 'YouTube' HTML codes

DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by DaytonaRik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 am

Have any Abyss owners managed to get any lume output? Mine remains steadfastly unwilling to display the slightest hint of luminosity - I'm intrigued that lhlopez1 seems to get some sort of luminescence in the unboxing YouTube video above 🤔
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson

Toph
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Toph » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:55 am

It looks great in the video, case is really beautifully finished, well done and enjoy
Cheers
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart

lhlopez1

Post by lhlopez1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:36 am

The luminescence isn't too strong as it uses black Super-LumiNova to go with the stealth look. It takes a good amount of light to activate the lume.

Jay_M

Post by Jay_M » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:12 am

First up soz for the wall of text but i really need some help see I'm thinking of buying the abyss but I'd prefer it on a bracelet I spoke to CW and they don't do 1 that fits, well I don't think they do the email I got wasn't much help tbh. Anyways i did some digging and came across watch gecko (will refer to as WG) I emailed them and they were really helpful and suggested this to me https://www.watchgecko.com/milanese-mesh-watch-strap

I really like the black one but I'm confused because in the email from WG they say the lug width of the abyss is 22mm and that this bracelet will work with it (notice they said work they didn't say anything about it fitting) but on the CW website it says lug to lug is 39.6mm is lug to lug not the same measurement as lug width are they 2 completely different things? googling it told me there both the distance between the lugs but it can't be because there's a huge difference between the 2 measurements and I think it's unlikely WG have mistook the strap width for the lug width. Finally can anyone who owns this watch tell me what size the spring bars are because that strap fits bars that are 1.8mm. CW don't mention anything about the bars in the specs :/

As you can probably guess I'm new to all this cheers, also did anyone else notice they removed the picture showing the lume on this watch? it showed it glowed blue and it looked really cool

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 8
LE-six: Yes

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 am

Lug width is the distance between the holes in the lugs. 22mm. You will need a 22mm width strap & spring bars.

Lug-to-lug is the total length of the watch head (line through 12 & 6 including lugs). 49.3 mm.

See watch stats on CW Archive

Welcome to the forum. 8)
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Jay_M

Post by Jay_M » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:48 am

Ah it won't fit then :( cheers for the help