FLE #8 Design Vote

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please vote for any, and only, those that you would buy.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 am

OPTION 1: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 2: Green gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 3: Grey gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
2%
OPTION 4: Red gradient dial & red bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 5: Green gradient dial & green bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 6: Grey gradient dial & grey bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 7: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 8: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but white seconds hand
3%
OPTION 9: Red gradient dial, red bezel insert
5%
OPTION 10: Green gradient dial, green bezel insert
4%
OPTION 11: Grey gradient dial, grey bezel insert
2%
OPTION 12: Green dial, green bezel
2%
OPTION 13: Blue bezel, blue gradient dial
4%
OPTION 14: Charcoal bezel, charcoal dial, black seconds hand
2%
OPTION 15: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 16: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 17: Black Ombre dial, black bezel
3%
OPTION 18: Black Ombre dial, steel bezel
2%
OPTION 19: Blue Ombre dial, blue bezel
4%
OPTION 20: Blue bezel insert
5%
OPTION 21: Black bezel insert
3%
OPTION 22: Blue bezel insert
7%
OPTION 23: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 24: Blue bezel insert
3%
OPTION 25: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 26: Blue bezel insert
4%
OPTION 27: Black bezel insert
1%
OPTION 28: Blue Solid Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. With Red Accents.
5%
OPTION 29: Blue Ombre Dial, Black Bezel Insert. Some Red Accents.
4%
OPTION 30: Blue Ombre Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. Red Dial Text, STEEL Case
5%

Total votes: 301

iain
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: FLE #8 Design Vote

Post by iain » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm

If this concept is being resurrected, should we also include the original FLE GMT option? I know when it changed from a 2 tone ceramic to aluminium a lot of people were put off, myself included. However the possibility of having a single colour ceramic bezel with white face and black hands is quite attractive, to me at least. It would be like a C60 anthropocene

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 pm

iain wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm
If this concept is being resurrected, should we also include the original FLE GMT option? I know when it changed from a 2 tone ceramic to aluminium a lot of people were put off, myself included. However the possibility of having a single colour ceramic bezel with white face and black hands is quite attractive, to me at least. It would be like a C60 anthropocene
I’d agree with this, particular if there’s some flexibility in ceramic bezel colour. A dark grey or slate would be interesting...
Tim

MarkingTime
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by MarkingTime » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Those Dartmouth specials looked a lot like the Oris Sixty-Five Limited Editions...
Redbar
"HONEY" - Rake and Revolution
Timeless

An opportunity missed, I reckon.

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm

MarkingTime wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm
Those Dartmouth specials looked a lot like the Oris Sixty-Five Limited Editions...
Redbar
Timeless

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned that. Not sure what kind of reaction you are hoping for?

Everyone had the opportunity to provide input/ideas at the design stages :?
Ryan

Kansas City Milkman
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Kansas City Milkman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm

The trouble is we’re starting to open up new desires and design options - back to where we were several weeks ago. Some of these suggestions are great but i’d Suggest it’s the top 4 or so designs or nothing! :D

gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 30

Post by gaf1958 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:33 am

welshlad wrote:Having lots of options didn't reduce focus. All everyone had to do was go through each design, one by one, and for each one decide if they would buy it or not. A simple yes/no decision for each one. That would be the same for another vote with, say, just a handful of options.
I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.

Having another round of voting for the leading 4 or 6 contenders with images would put this to bed. Let’s see if any of the leading contenders can actually get across the line in a simplified vote, where they can be easily identified by images next to the voting options.

Just my 2c worth...
CWL C1+4xC3+7xC6/60+3xC7+C9+C11+7xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 6xSpeedy+7xSeamaster+2xConnie+DeVille+Dynamic
Zenith+2xTudor+5xFarer+4xOris+7xMagrette+20xSeiko+6xVtg
B&R+Hamilton+LumTec+Lacroix+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+3xVisitor+more
Family 12xCW+2xΩ

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am

Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm
The trouble is we’re starting to open up new desires and design options - back to where we were several weeks ago. Some of these suggestions are great but i’d Suggest it’s the top 4 or so designs or nothing! :D
100% agree. The aim is to see if any of the proposals garner enough votes to make them a reality. If not, then it's done. If somebody wants a different design then they need to convince 24 others to join them.
WatchChat on Facebook - A relaxed and laid back group of watch enthusiasts chatting about watches and whatever else happens to come up.

welshlad
CW-watches: 12

Post by welshlad » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:47 am

gaf1958 wrote:I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.
I'm a bit confused, Gary. This thread is the voting thread (although the poll is now closed) and all the pictures are in Kip's opening post.
CWL C1R | C5A | C15 | C60 Mk2 x2 | C60 Mk3 GMT | C65SH21 | C70 x4 | C8
Omega Speedy | AT x2 | PO Ti Rolex Exp | Sub Zenith EP1969
Damasko DA44 GSeiko Snowflake Seiko 55Fthms
Ctzn Promaster Tissot V8 Vrat S6 DHenry 1968 Luch 1Hand

MarkingTime
Expert
Expert

Post by MarkingTime » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:59 am

StrappedUp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm
MarkingTime wrote:
Redbar
Timeless

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned that. Not sure what kind of reaction you are hoping for?

Dementia slipping in perhaps.
Reaction? None really, just musings. You?

watchaholic
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by watchaholic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 am

FloridaPhil wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm
100% agree. The aim is to see if any of the proposals garner enough votes to make them a reality. If not, then it's done. If somebody wants a different design then they need to convince 24 others to join them.
100% agree as well. This is can not be the beginning of another drawn out design phase. 1 simple quick vote on the top 4 or 5 contenders, and IMO, either it flys or it doesn't.
Time is fleeting....happy hour, doubly so.

gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 30

Post by gaf1958 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:10 am

welshlad wrote:
gaf1958 wrote:I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.
I'm a bit confused, Gary. This thread is the voting thread (although the poll is now closed) and all the pictures are in Kip's opening post.
Ahh, the penny dropped and memory has kicked in. Using TapaTalk I cannot see any voting options unless I open “web view”. TapaTalk wouldn’t load the images in web view (at least not until after I’d voted), so I had to switch between the two methods to work out which ones I wantedto vote for. In hindsight, writing them down on a bit of paper would have been better ... and having said that, I don’t know why I didn’t just do that. Image

Nonetheless I do stand by two requests (the second one if technically possible) - one: that we vote again for the top 4-6 models and two: is it possible to have images of the models in the actual voting selection, not below it. I promise that I’ll use a PC to vote this time to help combat my incipient Alzheimer’s... Image
CWL C1+4xC3+7xC6/60+3xC7+C9+C11+7xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 6xSpeedy+7xSeamaster+2xConnie+DeVille+Dynamic
Zenith+2xTudor+5xFarer+4xOris+7xMagrette+20xSeiko+6xVtg
B&R+Hamilton+LumTec+Lacroix+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+3xVisitor+more
Family 12xCW+2xΩ

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 am

MarkingTime wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:59 am
StrappedUp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm
MarkingTime wrote:
Redbar
Timeless

Dementia slipping in perhaps.
Reaction? None really, just musings. You?
Fair enough. Just thought it strange to mention this multiple times when the chance was there for all to have their say in the prior design phase.

After all, I was more than willing to listen/mock-up other members ideas with the Dartmouth, as seen with Joseph's cream dial suggestion.

Surely it can only be a missed opportunity if better ideas were put forward and not acted upon?
Ryan

politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by politel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 pm

There were 2 competing models, C65 and C60.
That makes it hard to focus.

I would be happy about a second vote, but should not the model be clarified first?

Unfortunately, the willingness to compromise is often missing and it is criticized in many small details.
Often there is the impression that everyone wants their own FLE.
Rainer

C60 Trident Pro 600
C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage Black
C65 Trident LE - :D
C9 5 Day Automatic Charcoal Dial
C9 5 Day Automatic Withe Dial
C9 5 Day Small Second
C9 Single Pusher Chronograph