jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: CS & 60/60 Test case.

Post by jtc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am

Lavaine wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 am
The car analogy is BS for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that you are not required to service your car at the dealer in order to maintain warranty. You must only be able to show that the required services were performed.
This.

It's a way for CW to wind back on their 5yr warranty promises and make a bit of extra money. Simple as that.
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Halios | Oris | Seiko | Casio

A1soknownas
Junior
Junior

Post by A1soknownas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:11 pm

jtc wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Lavaine wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 am
The car analogy is BS for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that you are not required to service your car at the dealer in order to maintain warranty. You must only be able to show that the required services were performed.
This.

It's a way for CW to wind back on their 5yr warranty promises and make a bit of extra money. Simple as that.
As I understand CW are not going back on previous commitments in terms of watches sold, so if at the time your handbook says recommended and not the new wording since the Trident M3 you will receive the full five years warranty regardless of servicing.

They have updated the website to be clearer with a link from the reference to 60/60 to an explanation about the servicing requirement. Personally though, I don't think this is enough and to still include 60/60 rather than 60/48 when advertising the product is misleading but from a marketing perspective it doesn't sound as good does it?! This is not a warranty, it is a conditional warranty and to get the 60 months it will cost more than the initial purchase amount and to be totally clear a standard service price should be listed on the site and it isn't, anywhere.

Forgetting watches in a higher price bracket, 48 months is very competitive and beyond many others who offer up to 24 months. However with the latest issues with water resistance, cosmetic issues on the dial under the glass (not owner created) or crown issues I personally would rather a limited 24 month warranty covering the movement and workmanship of the product rather than full 60 month movement only.

MarkingTime
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by MarkingTime » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 pm

MarkingTime wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 pm
Thermexman wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 am
This post was more about seeing how much interaction is required in order to get my watch fixed/serviced and back to me in a timely fashion with minimal interaction from me.
Indeed.

Just over 8 weeks so far with no input from me after the watch was receipted by CW...

I am counting and I will update.
9 weeks...

Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Viognier » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:37 pm

MarkingTime wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 pm
9 weeks...
^ Yikes....Nine weeks with nary an email update?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy