Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Squalus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by Squalus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 am

Following the success of the three Ombré models, will CW be producing any more Ombré variants?

albionphoto
Forumgod
Forumgod

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by albionphoto » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:54 am

What are the plans to fix shipping to the US? Again. See item below:

This is quoted from the "Are import duties still an issue?" This particular quote is from FoghornK who posted this on Thu Oct 10. It appears on page 9 of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52103&start=120

"1. Ordered watch/confirmed 30 Sept. “You will receive a despatch confirmation as soon as we ship your order.”
2. Text from DHL October 8: “estimate delivery October 10...authorize DHL to deliver without signature...” (ignored—I want to sign for the delivery) Checked website—delivery sometime on 10/10 during business hours.
3. Text October 9: “Hello, this is DHL regarding tracking no....Please reply with Yes to authorize DHL to deliver without a signature.”
4. 10/10 12:57 PM: voicemail. “my name is ....giving you a call from DHL express in reference to a shipment that is currently on hold with US Customs...please return my call...”
5. Called DHL: they need a “watch detail sheet” form filled out with the cost of the components of the watch to calculate customs. Form appears elsewhere on this forum. C Ward customer service is, of course closed for the day being 6 hours ahead. Form was emailed. Email also says that I am advised that “there is a $31 dollar storage fee after 3rd day that the item is held in storage. Thank You!”
6. Problem: C Ward currently closed. Tomorrow’s Friday of a 3-day weekend... The representative I talked to said that she had sent the form to the seller as well as to me—I’d have thought from other posts on this forum C Ward had had enough warning about this stuff to be covering their action with US Customs to allow more seamless delivery.

Conclusions: 1) C Ward doesn’t appear to have given notice of when things were shipped (10/8). 2) DHL would rather get authorized to drop off with no responsibility on a fantasy date while customs holds your watch than give an honest delivery date one can work with. 3) C Ward should be able to get this information going tomorrow, since I know I can get an ETA movement for $400 bucks and a bracelet from them for $175, but DHL says the parts have to equal the stated price in total. (Guess labor’s not an issue). 4) We have yet to see what the duty will be;

5) I like the watch well enough to recommend buying in the UK and confounding yourself with a VAT refund rather than wasting all this time on the C Ward/DHL interface that this forum has documented as sort of defective regarding US Customs for some months now."

Here are my comments.
What are the plans to fix shipping notifications?

Where's my C60 Apex? Why the communications blackout? It's simple - Set customer expectations and then meet them. A complete communications black-out is unacceptable especially as I know that C60 Apex watches have been delivered. My case mirrors FoghornK's to some extent.

Not a happy bunny here. Does it show?
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

Squalus
Senior
Senior

Post by Squalus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:17 pm

At the moment, which is the most popular case design, in terms of sales, the C60, the C65, or the C1?

Squalus
Senior
Senior

Post by Squalus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:56 am

Will CW reintroduce the display back on any future LE Tridents?