Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by albionphoto »

A proper question then. Have the sales of 40mm C60 Tridents continued to outpace those of the 42 and 38mm sizes? If so, does this mean that the introduction of new variants will focus on the 40mm?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by albionphoto »

Another proper question.
Are there any plans to introduce a white dial/blue bezel 42mm C60 Trident?
Mark
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:16 pm Are there any plans to introduce a white dial/blue bezel 42mm C60 Trident?
+1

And slightly widening out Mark's question, what new colour schemes are planned for the C60 (and when) - and will any of those be restricted to certain case sizes?
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Where next for the Apex? After the C7 and C60, what model is next, and when is it expected to be released?
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:23 pm And I don’t know why anyone felt the need to state “ Paid by Paypal? will remain as processing forever...!!!” Guy stated no discussion, it’s a valid question about an anomaly on the site.
I felt the need to state this as it is a matter of fact that normal credit card payments are fine but PayPal payments are not. Any other interested readers of this thread may not be aware of this and would wonder what the OP was on about.....
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

neilj568 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:27 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:23 pm And I don’t know why anyone felt the need to state “ Paid by Paypal? will remain as processing forever...!!!” Guy stated no discussion, it’s a valid question about an anomaly on the site.
I felt the need to state this as it is a matter of fact that normal credit card payments are fine but PayPal payments are not. Any other interested readers of this thread may not be aware of this and would wonder what the OP was on about.....
The way it was stated, gave the impression it was acceptable. Clearly it’s not and needs addressing!!

Anyway, this is now a discussion. Guy, please feel free to delete any or all of my posts in this thread as I can read your instructions. Thanks
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

A couple of strap / bracelet related questions from me:

1. Has any thought been given to introducing screw pins for bracelet links? Adjusting bracelets with the pin and collar system can be frustrating compared to, for example, an Oris bracelet which uses screw pins.

2. Would it be possible to buy a rubber / hybrid strap with some type of bader deployment? I prefer to wear heavier dive watches on a rubber strap and a deployment clasp is much easier to put on and take off rather than a normal tang buckle. I don't recall CW ever offering this option on anything other than leather straps.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Ttf23 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:21 pm Where next for the Apex? After the C7 and C60, what model is next, and when is it expected to be released?
+ 1
Mark
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Gareth wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 pm 2. Would it be possible to buy a rubber / hybrid strap with some type of bader deployment? I prefer to wear heavier dive watches on a rubber strap and a deployment clasp is much easier to put on and take off rather than a normal tang buckle. I don't recall CW ever offering this option on anything other than leather straps.
+1
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Gareth wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 pm A couple of strap / bracelet related questions from me:

1. Has any thought been given to introducing screw pins for bracelet links? Adjusting bracelets with the pin and collar system can be frustrating compared to, for example, an Oris bracelet which uses screw pins.

2. Would it be possible to buy a rubber / hybrid strap with some type of bader deployment? I prefer to wear heavier dive watches on a rubber strap and a deployment clasp is much easier to put on and take off rather than a normal tang buckle. I don't recall CW ever offering this option on anything other than leather straps.
+1 for question 2. Question 1 was asked at a previous GTG, Edinburgh if memory serves me correct.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm
Ttf23 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:21 pm Where next for the Apex? After the C7 and C60, what model is next, and when is it expected to be released?
+ 1
It was stated at the Manchester GTG in April that "There will be an Aviator Apex in 2021."

I will ask if this projection is still correct.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Gareth wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 pm A couple of strap / bracelet related questions from me:

+1
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Would it be possible to buy a CW Shell Cordovan strap without the Bader Deployant buckle (for those of us who already own a Bader) however would like to purchase multiple straps?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

The market-leading 60/60 warranty was recently discussed in relation to a need to have CW service the watch during the warranty period. Can we expect some clarification T&C's to ensure that there can be no ambiguity determining whether a fault will be covered?
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:15 pm
albionphoto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm
+ 1
It was stated at the Manchester GTG in April that "There will be an Aviator Apex in 2021."

I will ask if this projection is still correct.

Guy
I thought it was something to do with the moonglow???
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.