CW-watches: 0

Re: Bristol GTG / CW Event - Chat with Co-Founders - Saturday 2nd November 2019

Post by StrappedUp »

Have a good one all :(
Ryan
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I tried to watch the feed but hardly understood anything what they were saying. The video screen was really distracting as well.

It sounded like the microphone on the camera was just recording the sound from the room speakers. Maybe try to turn off the camera microphone and use the handheld microphone for the audio feed?
borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by borderman »

nordwulf wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 pm I tried to watch the feed but couldn't understand anything what they were saying. The video screen was really distracting as well.

It sounded like the microphone on the camera was just recording the sound from the room speakers. Maybe try to turn off the camera microphone and use the handheld microphone for the audio feed?
Absolute rubbish sound quality on my laptop & TV :(
Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Rubbish sound, left after 5 mins - it's only a worldwide audience you are talking to!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Every. Single. Time. Seriously, it's pathetic. Get some lapel mics, a roving audience mic, a small mixing panel feeding the Youtube uplink and done.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I put headphones on and turned the volume up as loud as possible and still couldn't make out much of what they were saying. Also, they asked for questions from Youtube at the beginning in the chat window, but didn't answer any of them, including one question from me as far as I could hear. I guess they could have answered a couple of them, but I couldn't tell from the audio.

At the first GTG in Edinburgh, they spent some time afterwards showing all the watches on display in the room, but since then including this one, they cut the feed as soon as the founders finished talking.

It seems that they could have done a much better job for Youtube both with audio and presentation after several previous attempts and plenty of feedback. I've tried to watch all of them so far, but doubt I'll be setting my alarm at 7:15 am Oregon time and making the effort to watch them live in the future if this is going to be the quality.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

My experience was exactly the same as yours Malcolm and I only live 30 miles away! You’d think that I would have had more chance of hearing them! :lol:

The camera position was poor, as both subjects were looking away from the camera. Members of the audience wandering into camera and faint conversations going on in the background didn’t help either.

I guess it doesn’t really matter though, being as the most people viewing seemed to peak at about 19 ?
Steve.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Thermexman wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:59 pm My experience was exactly the same as yours Malcolm and I only live 30 miles away! You’d think that I would have had more chance of hearing them! :lol:

The camera position was poor, as both subjects were looking away from the camera. Members of the audience wandering into camera and faint conversations going on in the background didn’t help either.

I guess it doesn’t really matter though, being as the most people viewing seemed to peak at about 19 ?
Your audio quality definitely should have been better than mine if you were only 30 miles away Steve :lol:
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I agree Steve, numbers were low but that's probably because the YT broadcast isn't fit for purpose. If they did it properly, then more people would watch imho.

I get the impression they are more interested in people in the room, but it should be 50/50.

Do it properly or don't bother.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I also tried the YouTube feed but even on full volume couldn’t hear a thing, so just gave up. Hopefully hear some details from those who attended.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Thermexman wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:59 pm My experience was exactly the same as yours Malcolm and I only live 30 miles away! You’d think that I would have had more chance of hearing them! :lol:

The camera position was poor, as both subjects were looking away from the camera. Members of the audience wandering into camera and faint conversations going on in the background didn’t help
^+1 listened with noise cancelling headphones and volume turned full up and brutal to hear the founders or questions from the audience clearly.

Guy was only one I could hear well.

Camera , as noted above, at an odd angle and constantly out of focus.

Constructive Solution oriented feedback:

Could we not have CW invest in a reasonable quality camera (DJI Osmo Pocket used my many YouTubers) that is incredibly small and portable. Then hook it up to a PROPER audio capture system.

EACH founder needs a lapel microphone , Moderator Guy with a handheld microphone that he speaks into and passes to audience members for their questions .

This continuing poor audio is, without question, limiting non attendees participation.

Perhaps CW can work on TESTING and perfecting their audio set up in the showroom with a Declan or founder 2 minute YouTube broadcast so it’s resolved before the next road show?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I was there and thoroughly enjoyed myself meeting old and new friends.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Worst broadcast quality of any of them. Poor video and appalling sound. I also had over-ear noise cancelling headphones and could barely hear the dialog.

From what I could hear I probably wasn’t missing much, seemed to be a lot of long winded waffle...
Tim
Nick2611

Post by Nick2611 »

My first time at a CW GTG and found it very interesting and a great opportunity to see the watches in the flesh. For a novice like me, the other attendees seemed borderline fanatical, while I just wanted to learn about the brand, the questions were quite technical and focussed on precise models etc.... an introductory session with opportunity to really talk to the experts and get some advice on potential purchases would be great from my perspective...
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

scooter wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:50 pm I was there and thoroughly enjoyed myself meeting old and new friends.
scooter
+1 :wave:
It was great catch-up with and have a chat to Kip :thumbup:
..and also have the opportunity to have a chat with both Mike and Chris at the end.