nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: FLE #8 design submissions

Post by nbg »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am
Mikkei4 wrote:
welshlad wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 pm Here's another Dartmouth variation I've been working on, with a light blue sunburst dial (hopefully looking a little more metallic in real life):

I like this although i think the bezel colour needs to be a bit closer to the shade of the dial. It's a bit like the Oris Clean Ocean colour and so would also look good on a C60.
It does look good, but for an FLE the blue fusè colour is too similar to the standard blue for me to buy it for a premium. I’m still pretty keen on the green/red fusè dials with bronze bits... They look even better to me.
I agree about the green and red, even if it turns out that the bronze bits on bezel and crown turned out to be cost prohibitive.

Blue dials seem to be released by brands all the time. A blue FLE would just be another blue dial in a crowded market.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 am
Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:05 pmI'd like to see a Dartmouth mock-up in the same steel case but a black bezel with cream/silver markers & red pip, cream/silver dial with black minute-markers, gold hands & hours with white lume, and black seconds-hand with red tip. I'd just like a visualization of it so maybe it could be worked on? It's pretty vintagey IMO.
Gonna bring this request back up to the front so it can be in the queue before it gets too late. Pretty much the typical Dartmouth with the gold features of this vintage Seamaster and the bezel of this vintage Submariner. A combo of sorts. :)
+1 that’s something I’d like to see if someone has the time and skills. (Thanks if you have).
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

nbg wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am Blue dials seem to be released by brands all the time. A blue FLE would just be another blue dial in a crowded market.
This is essentially where my thinking sits. I'm looking for something a bit different from a limited edition and however much I love blue dials they don't jump out as particularly special.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

It's great that further ideas are coming forward. However, I have a very busy week or so ahead with work, so I won't have very much time to do much photoshopping during that time. Hopefully, one of the other photoshoppers can step in, particularly with the design requests from monkeymax and Devarika Woulf. But, if not, please be patient - I will get around to them eventually! :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

It has been my personal feeling that the original images from CW with the black background made the watch appear to dark. I have acquired new images on a white background.

Perhaps we can have the Photoshop guys remake some of the ideas on these. I just think it would look better and be a better comparison with Dartmouth proposals.

#1 Midnight Blue PVD case

#2 Smoked Dial (think C1 Moonglow) with Device imprint.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Only a small point, but I believe the C60 was voted as a 40mm case and the mock-ups that I've seen so far are 42mm, which has a difference to the marker size at 3.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

You are correct, but we don't have any 40mm mock ups.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Kip wrote:It has been my personal feeling that the original images from CW with the black background made the watch appear to dark. I have acquired new images on a white background.

Perhaps we can have the Photoshop guys remake some of the ideas on these. I just think it would look better and be a better comparison with Dartmouth proposals.
Thanks for sourcing those, Kip. It's a relatively quick job to incorporate those into the C60 options I've mocked-up so far, certainly much quicker than anyone else doing from scratch, so I should have time tonight to look at that, all being well.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

what-time-is-it wrote:Only a small point, but I believe the C60 was voted as a 40mm case and the mock-ups that I've seen so far are 42mm, which has a difference to the marker size at 3.
Absolutely correct, Chris. Everyone will just have to imagine the date window a little nearer to the edge of the dial! :)
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

No problem - just haven't seen anyone mention it. I'm not following the thread post by post, but knowing how picky pedantic particular fussy people can be over a design they are potentially looking at to buy, I wanted to mention it. :D
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Seeing these mock ups again, reminds of a bit of discussion in recent days about the smoked see-through dial and the smoked see-through dial with 'twin flags'.

For my two penneth, any brand can do a plain clear or smoked see-through dial but only CW can do the 'twin flag' smoked see-through dial, which is my preference, as we are looking to create a unique watch.

Also to remind, as its not been mentioned recently, that the option of a display case back, with 300m WR, is available to us; again my preference.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm Seeing these mock ups again, reminds of a bit of discussion in recent days about the smoked see-through dial and the smoked see-through dial with 'twin flags'.

For my two penneth, any brand can do a plain clear or smoked see-through dial but only CW can do the 'twin flag' smoked see-through dial, which is my preference, as we are looking to create a unique watch.

Also to remind, as its not been mentioned recently, that the option of a display case back, with 300m WR, is available to us; again my preference.

Guy
Just because a company ‘can’ do something doesn’t always mean that it should be done though, Guy. Unique doesn’t always work, as highlighted in this thread;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52363

As I’ve stated before, I’m in agreement about something unique for the FLE, I just think that we need to be careful not to go too far. For my two penneth on the case back, I would prefer a solid case back with some nice engraving on.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Guy
Are we sure that this is the case? The reason I ask is because when this was suggested for the GMT FLE which didn’t get the support, it was implied that this was only available because the tooling for the display back had already been done. I think this was in reference to the 42mm apex. Would this still be the case now we have selected a 40mm case, or would we need new tooling which may be cost prohibitive?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

iain wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Guy
Are we sure that this is the case? The reason I ask is because when this was suggested for the GMT FLE which didn’t get the support, it was implied that this was only available because the tooling for the display back had already been done. I think this was in reference to the 42mm apex. Would this still be the case now we have selected a 40mm case, or would we need new tooling which may be cost prohibitive?
You're quite correct Iain.

Think my enthusiasm got the better of me. :oops:

If we ask @Kip nicely, hopefully he'll put it (whether a display back is available for the 40mm case) on his list of questions for CW. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pmFor my two penneth, any brand can do a plain clear or smoked see-through dial but only CW can do the 'twin flag' smoked see-through dial, which is my preference, as we are looking to create a unique watch.
Good point. I wonder if it's possible to do a subtly embossed version of all the twin flags into the dial rather than have them printed...?