FLE #8 design submissions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Re: FLE #8 design submissions

Post by Squalus »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:28 pm Has Kip pulled all of his hair out by now ?

This FLE is not going to happen is it ... can anybody photoshop dogs chasing their own tails?
I've been wondering the same thing for a few days.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

welshlad wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:25 pm Guys,

Can we please stop debating whether the logo can be moved on these two models. Kip made it clear in the original FLE post and also above in his latest post that that isn't going to be an option:
Kip wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:34 pm I will also state again, that the logo will not be messed with based on the positioning of the base models. However, we can alter all other dial print.
Whether we you agree with this is neither here nor there - it ain't gonna change. That's one of the rules of the FLE game and it has always been so for this FLE.

Also, this thread is not the right place for speculation as to what CW may do with their logo on future watches.

So let's get back to discussing and showing designs that meet the ground rules. Thanks!
You sound like a Mod. :D

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:28 pm Has Kip pulled all of his hair out by now ?
I've lost count with how many times he or somebody else has said that the logo CANNOT be changed or moved for this FLE.

If it's at 9o'clock on the standard CW release (C60) then it has to be at 9o'clock on the FLE.
If it's at 12o'clock on the standard CW release (Dartmouth) then it has to be at 12o'clock on the FLE.

This FLE is not going to happen is it ... can anybody photoshop dogs chasing their own tails?
Maybe, just maybe the “Dartmouth dial configuration” was the most popular for a reason... :silent:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

nbg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 pm You sound like a Mod. :D
Sorry about that, it had to happen eventually. ;)

There are a few ideas for mock-ups that people have asked for that haven't yet been done. There are a few of us who can do a bit of Photoshop, but I personally won't have time until the weekend - but I hope to have a good crack at getting through a few of them then.

So it's a bit early to go to the voting stage as suggested above. We need to illustrate as many of the valid ideas as possible and see where that takes us. And hopefully some more ideas are still to come forward too. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Champaul

Post by Champaul »

Hi guys this is my first post so am new to this. I like the current blue designs and may want to order one, but has the GMT been ruled out? Would the cost of a GMT COSC be really high or not do-able? I haven’t seen a COSC GMT C60...does such a beast exist?

Paul
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

nbg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:04 pm
Maybe, just maybe the “Dartmouth dial configuration” was the most popular for a reason... :silent:
Yep, I'd go for Dartmouth for that reason.
First new CW I've considered buying for a long time.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Champaul wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:30 am Hi guys this is my first post so am new to this. I like the current blue designs and may want to order one, but has the GMT been ruled out? Would the cost of a GMT COSC be really high or not do-able? I haven’t seen a COSC GMT C60...does such a beast exist?

Paul
The voting appears to have polarised between Dartmouth and C60 40mm. GMT appears now to have been ruled out and I don’t think a COSC version exists.

The current phase is one of creating designs around the two base watches selected. Not sure what will happen then but I suspect we will narrow down the choices for each model then go to a straight shootout. That is where people will make their personal choice. In my case I will only be going for the C60 and only if all the conditions I want are met in the design phase.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 am Sent from my Macbook Pro using keyboard
:lol: :thumbup:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Coanda
Junior
Junior

Post by Coanda »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm
welshlad wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:34 pm Ok, here is the C60 Blue Everything and the C60 Midnight with minimal yellow accents - partly because less is more and partly because they take a surprisingly long time to do well... :oops:

I’d like to see this one with plain smoked dial (not device print), navy blue word mark at 9, applied twin flags at 12, yellow tip second hand and black strap.
I am excited about the possibility of a blue PVD case. It’s something unique you don’t normally see.

How about the blue PVD case with the hands, hour markers and bezel from the titanium version 1? It may be a stretch to think it’ll work.

Other thought includes using a red seconds hand.

This case color could make an elegant moon phase in the future.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

welshlad wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 pm There are a few ideas for mock-ups that people have asked for that haven't yet been done. There are a few of us who can do a bit of Photoshop, but I personally won't have time until the weekend - but I hope to have a good crack at getting through a few of them then.
I'm travelling up to the big smoke this morning for a boozy weekend, so won't have time until next week.

Happy to have a look then unless someone wants to get involved beforehand :thumbup:

Have a good weekend all.
Ryan
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

I've lost count with how many times he or somebody else has said that the logo CANNOT be changed or moved for this FLE.

If it's at 9o'clock on the standard CW release (C60) then it has to be at 9o'clock on the FLE.
If it's at 12o'clock on the standard CW release (Dartmouth) then it has to be at 12o'clock on the FLE.

Ok thanks for clearing this up.

Can I revise my design idea to:
Datmouth
dark grey/charcoal face and bezel
applied Christopher Ward logo at 12 (or just printed if applied causes difficulties with price). Can this be in black? White is fine if not.
Black second hand.
white lume
Now don't shoot me here (because I think this still fits in with the design parameters ie not moving logo from original design - this is just an addition) ..... applied flag logo at 6 in black.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
addi564
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 12

Post by addi564 »

Magnus wrote:

Ok thanks for clearing this up.

Can I revise my design idea to:
Datmouth
dark grey/charcoal face and bezel
applied Christopher Ward logo at 12 (or just printed if applied causes difficulties with price). Can this be in black? White is fine if not.
Black second hand.
white lume
Now don't shoot me here (because I think this still fits in with the design parameters ie not moving logo from original design - this is just an addition) ..... applied flag logo at 6 in black.
think I would buy into this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

C60 Trident 38mm on rubber and GMT on bracelet
C6 Kingfisher black dial on rubber and white dial on bracelet
C5 FLE and C3 FLE
C65 Vintage on bracelet
Tag Heuer F1 Calibre 5
Breitling Superocean 42
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by peter160866 »

Regret that I am out - I would like to have seen GMT with ali bezel.

Good luck with getting the FLE across the line.
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm People need to just accept things as they are presented. The C60 has the logo at 9 to balance the date. The Dartmouth has at 12 because there is no date. That's it. There's been just as much mumbling about nonsensical changes as there's been potential mock-ups.

Kip needs to get the poll up for the final model to choose so artists can focus on one piece. It's a bit all over the place right now with no direction.
It is a bit to soon for a final vote.

The idea here is to get, and narrow down, design suggestions for each base model. Then put those designs to a vote for each model and then a final vote between models.

We seem to only have a couple of Photoshop guys so the process is running a bit slower.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

Dartmouth as a base would certainly be interesting
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm