Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I've received some good news on my end. I received my despatch notice about an hour ago and it's apparently being shipped with next day delivery. Hooray!
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 pm
FloridaPhil wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing a positive experience. :thumbup:
Is it unreasonable to EXPECT a positive experience when dealing with an internet sales only company? That's what they live or die by IMO.

These are the recent 1, 2 and 3 star reviews on Trustpilot. Do you spot the theme?
Yes, of course I spot the theme. If you look back I’ve commented on it before. It shouldn’t happen.

To address your other question, yes it is perfectly right to EXPECT a positive experience. It’s okay to SHARE it as well. As Spoughton says, the picture is inevitably skewed if only the bad stuff is shared.

The things that shouldn’t happen, do. That needs to be sorted. Share that on the forum by all means, but don’t knock people for sharing positive experiences. They are equally valid.
I didn't knock anyone for posting their positive experience.

My point was, and is, that achieving something that is expected is not as noteworthy as when they fail to achieve it. Similarly, when a company EXCEEDS expectations, then that is noteworthy. Sending out a package within the expected timeframe, particularly when the buyer has paid a premium for the service, might be worthy of note, but is not worthy of praise in my view.

Forgive me, but it felt like an attempt to paper over the cracks.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I have very rarely had reason to complain of CW’s service or delivery; it’s frequently been the opposite.

However, my latest order from 2nd October has yet to ship. I’ve enquired twice, but each time the response has been “expected to ship this week”. Unfortunately, this week (the second time around) is starting to run short. It’s been 22 days and counting. It’s not a good image to present to their customers, particularly new customers or those less patient than myself (and I simply cannot believe that I just wrote that last bit, as by nature I’m not overly patient!!).

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

My approach to online retail is quite simple:

- do they have the item I require in stock?
- do they have a painless returns process?
- are delivery timescales predictable and consistent?
- if I have a specific query, either before or after delivery will it be answered promptly and accurately?

All important from my perspective and all rather basic. I haven’t included being sent the correct item, as that is a given, however if there is no “tick” for all of the others I wouldn’t place an order. Having placed an order delivery is key, as the date that I place an order is generally to fit in with a day that I know one of us will be at home when delivery is expected.

Why would anyone expect anything less.

Mind you if I did have an issue with any of the above I would discuss it directly with the retailer. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I agree with the above in general terms, adding .. if its not in stock or will be outside of the published delivery timescales, simply tell me when it will and I can make an informed decision.
Having given a timescale, meet it!
If something unexpected delays it (QC), tell me and set a new delivery timescale.
Meet the new/revised delivery timescale.
The simple element here is 'tell me'.

C9 AM GT update - as of this morning Katie informs me that the C9s are now packaged/scanned and will all be sent out in next 2 days.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I ordered a bracelet last Thursday morning. A week later... nothing. I'm not inpatient. I expected this so it's OK but years ago CW would usually ship within days. As long as my order is in the queue the only thing I can do is wait. :yawn:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I wont be receiving mine until Monday now. Not sent next day after all, but it is officially despatched and on its way finally, so there's that.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Well, looks like Im not getting mine yet either...
Despite the email apology last week and update to say would be sent this week then another (when chased) on Wed to say sorry all C9s out by Friday... Nothing received and no email (8pm here in UK).
I live in hope that maybe the shipping email has gone amiss (again) and I get a pleasant surprise in next couple of days!
Stephen

Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Soporsche wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:51 pm ...all C9s out by Friday...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing and my current view of service was not enhanced!
My frustration has diminished a little as I received the shipping email and SMS today, being sent next day delivery apparently.
Hopefully will be with me tomorrow!
Stephen

Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

Mine is finally due to arrive this afternoon and is out for delivery. Beating a dead horse here I know, but 10/28 delivery for an in-stock order placed 10/11 is hard to understand.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

My order was dispatched on Wednesday, picked up by DHL on Thursday, routed through Germany, on to Cincinnati and made it to the nearest DHL hub 180 miles away. It was forwarded to the US Postal Service today and may get here tomorrow but could be Wednesday.

"It will get there when it gets there" seems to apply with this sale.
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Soporsche wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 pm ...Hopefully will be with me tomorrow!
That's good the hear, hopefully mine won't be too far behind. :thumbup:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Glad to hear there are multiple watches winging their way to expectant new owners finally. Hope yours follows v soon Ranger.
Stephen