Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Delivery timescales

Post by Soporsche »

Im sure its been discussed ad infinitum on other threads but interested in views/feelings about CW despatch timescales.
This is NOT a 'bashing' question..
From placing an order to despatch, what do we think is a reasonable timescale? Expectations have shifted in recent years with an increase in online retailers shipping next day or within 'x' hrs or days as standard (on every transaction).

I have found myself getting a little impatient when 5 days after a purchase of a in stock/UK im still waiting for the despatch email (natural when anticipating your shiny new watch).
I also think that for me this is exacerbated by inconsistency so don't know where to set my expectations 3 days, 5 days, 7 days... and for a item waiting to arrive from Switzerland all can go earily quiet for periods when delayed..
Might just be a feature of my personal expectations shifting as a result of other online transactions.. ie super fast, lots and lots of communication.
As stated at the start, not bashing and always been delighted with the CW product when it arrives, then I instantly forgive any delays, actual or perceived..

What are your expectations and do you generally find it quite consistent (many buy more than i do). I also dont buy many other New or NN watches online so have little to compare.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by DavecUK »

I would have thought 5 working days from order to delivery, unless there is a specific reason for the delay e.g. out of UK stock and coming from Switzerland.
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

It was quicker for a watch I ordered from Steinhart in Germany to arrive than it was for an in stock CW watch. Naturally there may be reasons for that but if you haven't even had a despatch mail after several days for something supposedly in stock then that's too slow in my opinion.

I understand about expectations, you grab a bargain from eBay and you can receive it the next day, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a despatch email within 5 days for an in stock item (to be honest I would expect it quicker than that).
Johnny
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by nigelb001 »

From what I'm hearing on this forum, it seems to me that something has changed at CW Towers at some point. Between December 2015 and January 2017 I ordered six watches From CW. Even though they were all ordered at busy sale times they all went through quickly and efficiently with despatch emails received next day and delivery 24-48 hours after that. Even a watch order in January 2019 was treated in exactly the same way. This is how it should be, but posts in this forum over the last few months suggest that this may not be the case any more.

I buy a lot of stuff, not just watches, particularly in the electronic music/studio equipment area and from these I expect free delivery (usually for orders over £100) and arrival next day. If that is not offered I will buy elsewhere. Unfortunately there is only one place to buy a CW watch and that is from CW directly. If their e-mail responses and delivery times are stretching past 5 days and longer, it would not be acceptable to me and many others and will come back to bite them on the bum. It's something that might have been acceptable 10-20 years ago but not now. They should get their act together.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

I would expect 7 days timescale is the most. After Scott left (I guess, based on what he told me), the communications is rather quiet, slightly slower. My last order was a C65 SH21 with specific serial no. After 3 days with no delivery confirmation from CW, I emailed Scott, that was on Tuesday, about four weeks ago. He replied within 24 hours telling that there was a delay in shipping due to that specific no. So I told him that I wouldn’t mind to take any in stock serial no. if my watch didn’t arrive from Switzerland by fortnight. He acknowledged that and nothing happened afterwards. Two weeks gone quietly. So on Monday in the third week, I emailed Scott again to provide me updates on the delivery and again stress out to just grab any in stock serial no. Scott replied my watch had just arrived on last Friday and was under QC check prior to delivery in the same week. So I expected my watch would be delivered by end of the week. So I just kept quiet, didn’t want to rush them for miserable QC checks. That week passed with no delivery email. Last Monday (this week), I emailed Scott (half heartedly, didn’t want to bother him too much) about the delivery updates. Strangely he didn’t reply in 24 hours as he always did. So I know that he might have left CW. I emailed Katie then, with the same question. No reply from Katie Out of suddens, I received a delivery confirmation email from CW yesterday evening. Pheww!! What a strange process this time around. Hope the watch is in perfect condition.

[Update: I received an email from Kyran, a new Logistic Manager re the delivery updates. So I believe the glitch was more to the transition period. ]
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

nauf wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:54 am
[Update: I received an email from Kyran, a new Logistic Manager re the delivery updates. So I believe the glitch was more to the transition period. ]
Hopefully!

My own experience echo's your own.

I ordered a C9 AM GT LE for July delivery, when it didn't show I assumed it was due to my request for a specific serial number, when it didn't come during August I believe that was down to the Swiss holidays.

I called at the start of September and was told the watch was in "but there was an issue with availability of the strap, however they would be sending emails out that weekend offering to send it out on an alternative strap". No email arrived.

I called last week and was told there was a delay in Switzerland.

So to summarise, they sold me a watch with a promise of July delivery and here we are in October and they have made no contact with me regarding it's delay/delivery.

It's lucky I'm a patient soul. :censored:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
meinberg
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by meinberg »

I would expect a confirmation email within 24 hours (excluding weekends), which would also give an expected dispatch timescale. On dispatch an email confirming details and tracking number.
My last purchase in March was smooth and fast enough, around 7 days I think it was. Living at the arse end of the planet delivery times are measured in weeks not days usually so to order and receive a purchase in less than 7 days is unusual. Communication was also good.

One thing that could have an impact is QC, I would expect a watch to be checked on dispatch for cosmetic issues but is the stock from Switzerland QC'd on arrival or is it done once, on dispatch? I would expect at least 3 QC steps, on dispatch from the factory, on delivery at the Towers and then a final cosmetic check prior to dispatch.

Personally I am happy to wait a few weeks for delivery IF there is communication explaining the timescale, even for a watch that is in stock, I would rather the watch was checked carefully prior to dispatch than to have to return it.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

I have a sense of pending delay: I ordered a C7 on 03Oct19, the very same day that it came off 'Pre-Order for Late Sept' status ... I suspect this may involve a QC delay - even tho it was actually only the Strap that caused the Pre-Order situation (you could order a White dial Panda on other straps OK)

The same order included a 'Nearly New' C3 ... so I'm guessing they want to ship together ?

Recent Purchasors - Any guesses how long before dispatch ?

I ask, as I have to go away for a week on Friday coming & would like to take the C7 with me !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Hi guys, to follow up on my original query it seems expectations are broadly similar to my own. My very latest experience is as follows:
Purchased a watch on NN section (so in stock), just over a week later I hadnt heard anything apart from the instant order conf. Friday last week sent an enquiry/chase email to the CS team, no response same day but thats fine (48hrs etc..).
Saturday the watch arrived at mine and I was very happy with item and surprised but pleased to have received it.
Monday received an email from CW CS to say it was on the list for Fri but missed the deadline so would be sent today/Monday and hopefully arrive tomorrow (Tues). That they could see a despatch conf email had already been sent to me with expected delivery (none received and none in Spam folder after checking).
I advised CS it had actually arrived on Sat and thanked for time.
Got a nice email to say glad I had received and hope i enjoy watch etc..
So, in the end the timescales for delivery was c.8 days so not amazing but not horrendous and I was reasonably satisfied. Lack of despatch email and the incorrect CS response indicate a bit of a lack of process/accurate info and may have but I had the watch by then which is the objective so was less concerned than if I hadnt.
Im also on delivery schedule for a pushed back timescale on a C9 AM GT (expected mid Oct now) so will see what happens with that.
Stephen

Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Just tried to phone - the line was totally squelched out with heavy interference ... hey ho ...
Laird wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:42 am I have a sense of pending delay: I ordered a C7 on 03Oct19, the very same day that it came off 'Pre-Order for Late Sept' status ... I suspect this may involve a QC delay - even tho it was actually only the Strap that caused the Pre-Order situation (you could order a White dial Panda on other straps OK)

The same order included a 'Nearly New' C3 ... so I'm guessing they want to ship together ?

Recent Purchasors - Any guesses how long before dispatch ?

I ask, as I have to go away for a week on Friday coming & would like to take the C7 with me !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Hi Laird, my NN took 8 days and arrived last Sat so 1 week despatch seems about the norm on my last 2 stock items. Im also awaiting a C9 AM GT (glad they didn't wait to group the despatch). Maybe try emailing Vallen Hardy in CS, seems helpful and efficient.
Stephen

Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:46 pm Hi Laird, my NN took 8 days and arrived last Sat so 1 week despatch seems about the norm on my last 2 stock items. Im also awaiting a C9 AM GT (glad they didn't wait to group the despatch). Maybe try emailing Vallen Hardy in CS, seems helpful and efficient.
Appreciated !
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

[Update]

The delivery of my C65 SH21:
Now my parcel is held in custom. DHL is unable to make clearance due to incomplete commercial invoice provided by CW. DHL informed that the receiver information is incomplete. Instead of stating my name with full address, CW simply states NA. :?

This never happened previously. Hopefully CW gets back to normal soon.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Just received the Dispatch email - of course, DPD dont have it yet, so the Tracking site is a tad 'content-free' ...

There was a link in the email to CWL's FAQ's .....
Once you have placed your order and received a confirmation email, we aim to ship within two working days, though during periods of exceptional demand and around the time of UK Bank Holidays this processing time can sometimes take slightly longer.
They missed this target by 3 days .... but at least I'll get it before I go away on Friday - which was the hoped for target !

Soporsche wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:46 pm Hi Laird, my NN took 8 days and arrived last Sat so 1 week despatch seems about the norm on my last 2 stock items. Im also awaiting a C9 AM GT (glad they didn't wait to group the despatch). Maybe try emailing Vallen Hardy in CS, seems helpful and efficient.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Sigh ... the pleasure of getting my new watch more quickly than anticipated & the effectiveness & professional approach of DPD ... was totally marred by finding that the Date Window of the C7 Panda was offset by almost a mm from alignment with the Baton at 6 o'clock ...

Its not much, but caught my eye immediatly ....

... how come this doesnt get picked up in the 2 days taken for QC checks ?

oh, and the strap wasnt fitted - just lying loose under its elastic grips ...

No doubt, like others, I will be told its 'within acceptable parameters' ...

Hey-Ho