Clearance Returns

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rfreeman11

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by rfreeman11 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:28 pm
Comes and goes with available stock, in the heading under 'Watches'.

Right now, it is not there.

Guy

PS> welcome back to you forum.
Thanks you.
avantboy

Post by avantboy »

just wondering if there was any way of knowing when there are clearance bargains available on the website rather than just checking each day?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

avantboy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:37 pm just wondering if there was any way of knowing when there are clearance bargains available on the website rather than just checking each day?
If I knew that, I wouldn’t tell you :lol:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

avantboy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:37 pm just wondering if there was any way of knowing when there are clearance bargains available on the website rather than just checking each day?
Let the internet do the work for you...

https://www.wachete.com/

Other similar tools are available.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Stevio

Post by Stevio »

Page has been taken down? (It’s back I see!)
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Page back up and lots of C65's added including, pepsi, Anthropocene, ombre and others. 30%.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I ordered a couple nn on Thursday but I'm trying not to follow the clearance section any more for fear of having to sleep in the dog house.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Ombré again?
Missed it again?
Expletive deleted...

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I tend not to look at the CW website that often, but just noticed “Nearly New” C65 Trident Divers in clearance?

I am rather confused!

The C65 Trident Diver was launched in May 2018. Bearing in mind the definition of NN not sure why NN models would be kicking around in March 2020?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

nbg wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:02 pm I tend not to look at the CW website that often, but just noticed “Nearly New” C65 Trident Divers in clearance?

I am rather confused!

The C65 Trident Diver was launched in May 2018. Bearing in mind the definition of NN not sure why NN models would be kicking around in March 2020?

Neil
My unlearned assumption is that some one bought a new c65 trident in 2020 and took advantage of the CW return policy.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

To qualify for the 60/60 policy, I believe the watch still has to be as new and if returned as such, would be resold as new.

Ironically, the nearly new price is almost always a lesser discount than the usual brand new half price sale watches.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Leon O wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:36 am
nbg wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:02 pm I tend not to look at the CW website that often, but just noticed “Nearly New” C65 Trident Divers in clearance?

I am rather confused!

Neil
My unlearned assumption is that some one bought a new c65 trident in 2020 and took advantage of the CW return policy.
Watches sent back to CW within 60 days under the terms acceptable to CW are IIRC sold as new. To me that is fair enough, as no different than a watch being sold as new in a bricks and mortar retail AD, that has been tried on by someone else.

My understanding is that NN are intended to be watches that have been used for press and photography work. CW sends a number of watches to various watch review sites and influencers to allow them to review a new model. I.e. potentially more chance of the watch picking up minor cosmetic hairlines etc.. than a watch just tried on at home and then returned to CW.

My observation being that one would expect such reviews and photography to have generally been undertaken around the time a model was released and the model in question was released in May 2018.

It has also been accepted wisdom that sometimes a customer return under 60/60 will make its way into the NN stream. I.e. the customer has played fast and loose with the generous 60/60 policy and that cosmetic damage has occurred such that CW are not comfortable selling as new and move it to NN.

One of my NN a few years ago had a very small mark on the case - fine with me, as could easily happen if the watch was used for a while during a press review.

My most recent NN was visually flawless, with the bracelet still wrapped.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You won’t need reminding about Wera’s Sofa, Neil!

To enlighten the uninitiated, Wera (also Mrs Christopher Ward) used to be head of Customer Services. She was the Patron Saint of Forum Users, and she had the legendary ability to produce long forgotten about watches, bracelets and straps from apparently thin air; or, as we used to joke, from down the back of her sofa!

When she left the company the process was transferred quite successfully to “Chris’ Cupboard”. We discovered this on our first Admin Team visit to CW Towers in 2018.

Perhaps now we have entered the era of “Declan’s Drawers” (if you will pardon the expression) or “Mike’s Miscellany”. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

My NN C3 arrived with a crudely punched extra hole in the strap. I can live with it until I replace the strap.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Clearance is back if that helps anyone - without sounding all doom and gloom, this section may be up for a while.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris