LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

timor54 wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 pm
Website crashes are not great obviously but can happen to any Company..........Sky.com's pages for Sky Q are unavailable currently.
Agree, but CW are an eCommerce business that lives or dies by its website and this seems to happen far to often.

From the outside it looks like a company running on a hotch-potch of bodged together systems. Lacking in capacity, load balancing and with little in the way of systems management expertise. Not to mention woeful internal operational processes.
All of which CW are fully aware of, although not perhaps to the dramatic extent you portray.

Corrective measures and improvements are I'm sure in the pipeline; although Rome wasn't built in a day.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:11 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:33 pm
timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:16 pm
My order is in the system, so maybe I’ll get it this year... :problem:
Or even this decade! :lol:
... and now their website has crashed. What a complete and utter shambles they appear to have turned into :?
Probably all gone out on their Xmas do! :santagrin: :kg:
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:04 pm
timor54 wrote:
Website crashes are not great obviously but can happen to any Company..........Sky.com's pages for Sky Q are unavailable currently.
Agree, but CW are an eCommerce business that lives or dies by its website and this seems to happen far to often.

From the outside it looks like a company running on a hotch-potch of bodged together systems. Lacking in capacity, load balancing and with little in the way of systems management expertise. Not to mention woeful internal operational processes.
All of which CW are fully aware of, although not perhaps to the dramatic extent you portray.

Corrective measures and improvements are I'm sure in the pipeline; although Rome wasn't built in a day.

Guy

Love your positivity Guy, they were founded in 2004!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34

Quite correct Chris and since then they have updated their website and e-commerce system at least once, possibly twice.

In the meantime the internet, technology, use of mobile devices etc. has changed things dramatically.

CW are not resting on their laurels but are continuing to move forward, and will do so in 2020.

Guy

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'll believe it when I see it.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

A dispatched email mid-morning ... by 17.30, DPD had decided to keep it for the w/end .... sigh ...
Laird wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am I ordered a C65 GMT Pepsi on Weds this week - havent even had a 'Confirmation of Purchase' email - altho in 'My Account' its correctly shown ...

Ho Hum
StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am Ordered a GMT on Wednesday with free standard delivery and I've just been notified that my DPD driver will be at my door within the hour.

So far so good CW! [-o<
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34

what-time-is-it wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.
Looking forward to it Chris.

Guy

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:44 pm
timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:11 pm

... and now their website has crashed. What a complete and utter shambles they appear to have turned into :?

Maybe another "ddos attack".....
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I mentioned it to Chris W earlier today and he said they’d identified the problem and were working to fix it.

Looks like some sort of scripting issue to me. Some pages half load and freeze, others show nothing and the ones that part load don’t have any working links 🤦‍♂️
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

It’s back now 😉
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

Laird wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am I ordered a C65 GMT Pepsi on Weds this week - havent even had a 'Confirmation of Purchase' email - altho in 'My Account' its correctly shown ...

Ho Hum
StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am Ordered a GMT on Wednesday with free standard delivery and I've just been notified that my DPD driver will be at my door within the hour.

So far so good CW! [-o<
I ordered the same (pepsi). No confirmation email, so I just assumed it wasn’t working correctly during the sale. Got the dispatch email next day on Thursday and it’s already in the States and will be delivered Monday. Better the watch than an email. But sure ensuring confirmation emails are working would keep people more at ease, especially through the sales.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Better News first thing today - another email from DPD ... suddenly they can deliver it today ... thats really good, if somewhat confusing ...
Laird wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:13 pm A dispatched email mid-morning ... by 17.30, DPD had decided to keep it for the w/end .... sigh ...

Ho Hum

So far so good CW! [-o<
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Some more just added if someone fancies a last minute Xmas present - including a nn C60 Apex. Happy Xmas all!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Have snapped up the 40mm blue C60... Been waiting very patiently, too. :thumbup:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

mabotham wrote:Have snapped up the 40mm blue C60... Been waiting very patiently, too. Image
Nice one mate !