Clearance Returns

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by StrappedUp »

Ordered a GMT on Wednesday with free standard delivery and I've just been notified that my DPD driver will be at my door within the hour.

So far so good CW! [-o<
Ryan
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am
So far so good CW! [-o<
Hope you get what you ordered...I didn't. Ordered a C65 handwinder...rec'd a C65 Auto...which is a beauty as it turns out and I'll probably just keep it. :lol:
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Markornot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:02 am
So far so good CW! [-o<
Hope you get what you ordered...I didn't. Ordered a C65 handwinder...rec'd a C65 Auto...which is a beauty as it turns out and I'll probably just keep it. :lol:
Oh eck. It'll be fine I'm sure :?

Was that recent? If so, that's disappointing to hear that these mistakes are still occuring. Glad that you're happy with the "replacement" though.
Tbh, whilst I think the handwinder is a lovely looking watch, for me the applied silver markers on the auto elevates it higher again.
Ryan
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 am
So far so good CW! [-o<

Was that recent?
Yesterday. As mistakes go, not horrible but getting the right watch in the right box should be QC job one!
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Oh eck. It'll be fine I'm sure :?

Was that recent? If so, that's disappointing to hear that these mistakes are still occuring. Glad that you're happy with the "replacement" though.
Tbh, whilst I think the handwinder is a lovely looking watch, for me the applied silver markers on the auto elevates it higher again.
[/quote]

Hmm - CW are still not perfect at this. I ordered an Abyss a week ago, had the order confirmation but heard nothing more. I rang to follow up yesterday only to find that my order had an issue and no more stock was available. Luckily they found a watch to send me but if i hadn't have called my order would still just be sitting there in limbo. Hopefully, i'll get what i ordered!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Markornot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:12 am

Was that recent?
Yesterday. As mistakes go, not horrible but getting the right watch in the right box should be QC job one!
That could be 2 mistakes if somebody else got what you ordered.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

I ordered a C65 GMT Pepsi on Weds this week - havent even had a 'Confirmation of Purchase' email - altho in 'My Account' its correctly shown ...

Ho Hum
StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am Ordered a GMT on Wednesday with free standard delivery and I've just been notified that my DPD driver will be at my door within the hour.

So far so good CW! [-o<
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Laird - might be worth a call in to CW. They only realised there was an error when i called in to check progress
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Laird wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am I ordered a C65 GMT Pepsi on Weds this week - havent even had a 'Confirmation of Purchase' email - altho in 'My Account' its correctly shown ...

Ho Hum
StrappedUp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am Ordered a GMT on Wednesday with free standard delivery and I've just been notified that my DPD driver will be at my door within the hour.

So far so good CW! [-o<
I’m the same, ordered C60 GMT mid-day Wednesday and haven’t heard a thing...
Tim
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:43 pm
Laird wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am I ordered a C65 GMT Pepsi on Weds this week - havent even had a 'Confirmation of Purchase' email - altho in 'My Account' its correctly shown ...

Ho Hum

So far so good CW! [-o<
I’m the same, ordered C60 GMT mid-day Wednesday and haven’t heard a thing...
Apart from my payment confirmation sent directly from Paypal, I haven't received a single email from CW.
I did however call to change the delivery address, so I was aware that my order was in the system.

Anyhow, order has arrived and it's the correct watch with the additional bracelet enclosed :thumbup:
Ryan
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I called them. Apparently their ‘acknowledgement system’ is down, hence the lack of order confirmation emails.

My order is in the system, so maybe I’ll get it this year... :problem:
Tim
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Or even this decade! :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:33 pm
... and now their website has crashed. What a complete and utter shambles they appear to have turned into :?
Tim
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:11 pm
... and now their website has crashed. What a complete and utter shambles they appear to have turned into :?
Website crashes are not great obviously but can happen to any Company..........Sky.com's pages for Sky Q are unavailable currently.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 pm
timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Website crashes are not great obviously but can happen to any Company..........Sky.com's pages for Sky Q are unavailable currently.
Agree, but CW are an eCommerce business that lives or dies by its website and this seems to happen far to often.

From the outside it looks like a company running on a hotch-potch of bodged together systems. Lacking in capacity, load balancing and with little in the way of systems management expertise. Not to mention woeful internal operational processes.
Tim