Clearance Returns

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Hairy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:25 am

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Hairy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Stupid VAT, thanks.

User avatar
DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by DaytonaRik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 am

A few new pieces have been added to the clearance sale today - and there's one less already 😉🙃
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson

Rob s
Senior
Senior
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Rob s » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:24 am

Gmt added... That's tempting

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk


User avatar
DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by DaytonaRik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 am

Rob s wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:24 am
Gmt added... That's tempting
I found it a little too tempting 🙃
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson

Rob s
Senior
Senior
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Rob s » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:13 pm

DaytonaRik wrote:
Rob s wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:24 am
Gmt added... That's tempting
I found it a little too tempting Image
It's a very nice looking watch, if I didn't already have 2 on the way I might have got it myself

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk


User avatar
DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by DaytonaRik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

It'll be my 2nd in as many weeks, but 2 years since my previous purchase
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson

User avatar
Rice & Gravy
Senior
Senior
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:58 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Round Hill, VA

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Rice & Gravy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Are these watches really "..having been used as press and photography samples..."? The number that get sold and the frequency of these sales leads me to believe that is a disingenuous description. Most of them have to be returned watches, right?
Christopher Ward Several previous C60 Trident Pros
Omega SMP 2254.50
Damasko DA44
Seiko SRPC39
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date

Rob s
Senior
Senior
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Rob s » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Rice & Gravy wrote:Are these watches really "..having been used as press and photography samples..."? The number that get sold and the frequency of these sales leads me to believe that is a disingenuous description. Most of them have to be returned watches, right?
I always assumed that most were customer returns that weren't 100% so couldn't be resold as new

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk


Gripper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Bristol

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Gripper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Red bezel C60 on cordura strap 38mm just added. Damn, I was hoping for a red 42mm :)

User avatar
Devarika Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2122
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Providence, RI
Contact:

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Devarika Woulf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Rob s wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm
Rice & Gravy wrote:Are these watches really "..having been used as press and photography samples..."? The number that get sold and the frequency of these sales leads me to believe that is a disingenuous description. Most of them have to be returned watches, right?
I always assumed that most were customer returns that weren't 100% so couldn't be resold as new
This. ^
^_^ -Joseph

WhiteWolf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by WhiteWolf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Managed to get an order in for one of the C65 Trident Automatic Black Dial w/ Bracelet earlier. now to just play the waiting game. Anybody in the US that's ordered from CW have any idea about how much the brokerage fee for DHL is?

User avatar
nordwulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 am
Location: USA

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by nordwulf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 pm

There is no duty/brokerage fee for shipments under US$ 800.

I ordered on Tuesday and haven't received a shipping notification yet.. guess they are still pretty busy.

WhiteWolf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by WhiteWolf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:27 pm

That's awesome if so. I knew the duties limit was $800 but figured since it was coming through courier (UPS/Fedex/DHL) always charged a small brokerage fee for clearing it through customs. maybe not though. this is my first time importing a watch.
nordwulf wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 pm
There is no duty/brokerage fee for shipments under US$ 800.

I ordered on Tuesday and haven't received a shipping notification yet.. guess they are still pretty busy.

Jcalder68
Expert
Expert
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:00 pm
CW-watches: 6

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Jcalder68 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Oh dear....
One of them has just leapt into my basket. And it checked out all by itself!
Honest ;-)

C
CW Watches (To Date): Trident M3 40mm, C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT, C65 Diver Auto, C65 Diver Manual
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock

WhiteWolf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by WhiteWolf » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Jcalder68 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm
Oh dear....
One of them has just leapt into my basket. And it checked out all by itself!
Honest ;-)

C
lol, nice. i'm looking forward to getting mine, whenever that may be.

Post Reply