FLE #8 - major changes

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: FLE #8 - major changes

Post by gaf1958 »

So the photoshop work on this is really cruddy, and it only *starts* to show what I'd like, but without current access to my usual PC it's the best I can do... The way this appears it looks like it has grey lume (a la the stealth titanium Trident), but ideally I would would see it as a white dial with black hands and hour markers, filled with white lume - kind of an inverse image of the current C65 Dartmouth. Keep the applied indices, just make them black, fill them with white lume, ditto for the handset with the exception of the second hand which could be red, or maybe orange??? The bezel insert could be blue or black, it could even be grey (along the lines of the mooted C60 fle) but it probably needs a dash of colour at the pip - matching the second hand colour perhaps? I'd go with blue bezel / orange second hand or grey bezel / red second hand.

This could of course be done as a GMT as well...

Maybe someone with more skill at PS could re-do this if there is any interest in it...

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Question for Kip; Do you think there is any chance of adding a date to any of the Military range? That’s a big factor in determining which way my thinking would go model wise.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

gaf1958 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm So the photoshop work on this is really cruddy, and it only *starts* to show what I'd like, but without current access to my usual PC it's the best I can do... The way this appears it looks like it has grey lume (a la the stealth titanium Trident), but ideally I would would see it as a white dial with black hands and hour markers, filled with white lume - kind of an inverse image of the current C65 Dartmouth. Keep the applied indices, just make them black, fill them with white lume, ditto for the handset with the exception of the second hand which could be red, or maybe orange??? The bezel insert could be blue or black, it could even be grey (along the lines of the mooted C60 fle) but it probably needs a dash of colour at the pip - matching the second hand colour perhaps? I'd go with blue bezel / orange second hand or grey bezel / red second hand.

This could of course be done as a GMT as well...

Maybe someone with more skill at PS could re-do this if there is any interest in it...

I would likely buy either of those. :thumbup:

There you go, that’s one more person interested than before! :)

Just a few more required to offset the “bezel needs to be ceramic, as aluminium scratches” crew......

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I have no need for another white dial so, I’m open to any dial colour but white :lol:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm I have no need for another white dial so, I’m open to any dial colour but white :lol:
Ivory ok then? :lol: :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

nbg wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:38 pm
TigerChris wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm I have no need for another white dial so, I’m open to any dial colour but white :lol:
Ivory ok then? :lol: :)

Neil
Maybe :lol: :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well, if we are starting from Square One, I will chuck my C65GMT Irn-Bru into the pot. :D

Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

I'd definitely be interested in something based on the military range. I was planning on buying a Sandhurst but then got completely side-tracked and ordered the C9 AM GT LE on Friday, so that puts me back a bit. But will still be looking for something special for my 50th next year. (In truth the Dartmouth is probably the one least likely to grab my attention, but at this stage I'd rule nothing out)

I have zero creative skills but will give some thought to this, I also can't visualise things very well so thanks in advance to all the creative types and photoshop users who make up for my shortcomings!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

I’m with tiger Chris I have no need for another white dual watch so any darker colour than grey and I am keen
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I'd like a GMT but would probably go for something based on the Dartmouth due to the name logo location but none of those photoshopped grabs my attention presently.
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I'm currently not able to buy a FLE watch, so may I suggest a simple poll of which line, 'Dress', 'Dive', Motorsport', 'Aviation', or 'Military' watches forum members would like the next FLE watch to be selected from?
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

A part of me is both sad and happy that this FLE fell through. Sad because I thought it was an awesome design, and reminiscent of the Explorer II; I was feeling ready to go with it. Happy, though, because I've had an eye on the C65s for a long time and wanted one for Christmas. There was only funds for one; unfortunately.

I do believe the Dartmouth could make for an excellent FLE but unless some brilliant design is made I think I'm out on this one. As always, I will monitor. :computer:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

For ease of reference here are 'the first three' referred to in Kip's post;-

Of these #02, with the twin flag smoked dial would be of most interest, even in a 40mm version and perhaps with the blue case.

I also like the white dial, grey bezel C65 Dartmouth that Gary has put forward, but am not sure what it would look like with white lume; the black / dark grey looks pretty cool as it is.

Either way, I already own several FLEs and would really like to see a further one produced.

C'mon folks.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I think before we start throwing mock ups about a correct process needs to be put in else it’s just gonna end up how it did before. Voting on the model to base it upon I think needs to be the first step. I really want to see it happen but we need to give it the best chance.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:53 pm I think before we start throwing mock ups about a correct process needs to be put in else it’s just gonna end up how it did before. Voting on the model to base it upon I think needs to be the first step. I really want to see it happen but we need to give it the best chance.
Is the choice of "what model" dependant upon the desired/preferred bezel material?

Some posters have said previously they wouldn't be interested if the bezel was Ali but was this Ali on a Trident or Ali in general?

If the majority want a ceramic bezel then the model HAS to be the Trident. If the base model is the Dartmouth then it'll be a narrow Ali bezel that could have lumed numbers and markers (and a logo at 12o'clock on the dial). If the base model is the C65 then it'll be a narrow Ali non-lumed bezel (presumably).

.... and somebody thought it'd be easy to get 25 definite purchasers :D