C.Ward Market Survey

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rebnats
Senior
Senior

C.Ward Market Survey

Post by Rebnats »

Any one else have an email from C.Ward looking for people to take part in their survey, for which positive replies would be entered into a draw for£500 to spend on one of their watches? I replied to receive an email back asking me a load of personal questions, ie how old are you, what’s your income, how many children have you got etc,etc. What a bloody cheek, none of their business. Would happily answer questions relating to watch purchases etc and other luxury items. This has really put my back up and god knows if this info given would be secure :thumbdown:
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C65 Trident GMT.

Tag Heuer McLaren .
Tissot Classic T Touch.
Seiko Starfish.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C.Ward Market Survey

Post by TigerChris »

Had it earlier and deleted it. Standard practice to ask all sorts of personal detail questions so I never do any of them.
2otto2

Post by 2otto2 »

buying and selling such profiles is quite profitable these days...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Rebnats wrote:Any one else have an email from C.Ward looking for people to take part in their survey, for which positive replies would be entered into a draw for£500 to spend on one of their watches? I replied to receive an email back asking me a load of personal questions, ie how old are you, what’s your income, how many children have you got etc,etc. What a bloody cheek, none of their business. Would happily answer questions relating to watch purchases etc and other luxury items. This has really put my back up and god knows if this info given would be secure Image
CW are, I would imagine, just trying to understand who their customers are and what makes them tick (pun intended).

I would also imagine, as I have yet to look at the questionaire, that there will be a statement about your privacy and how the data / information you give will be used and kept secure.

CW are naturally GDPR compliant.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 pm
CW are naturally GDPR compliant.

Can't help but smile at that comment Guy - I'm not suggesting they are in breach of GDPR, but knowing how complex GDPR is and how much of a calamity CW have been recently, I wouldn't be that confident!

Oh and yes, received and deleted - they've had plenty of feedback from me this year. :silent:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

Rebnats wrote:Any one else have an email from C.Ward looking for people to take part in their survey, for which positive replies would be entered into a draw for£500 to spend on one of their watches? I replied to receive an email back asking me a load of personal questions, ie how old are you, what’s your income, how many children have you got etc,etc. What a bloody cheek, none of their business. Would happily answer questions relating to watch purchases etc and other luxury items. This has really put my back up and god knows if this info given would be secure :thumbdown:
Same here. Happy to complete anonymous questionnaire but not by email to god knows who. GDPR anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I must admit I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to all these online requests for feedback/marketing &c.

It seems that if someone sells you a can of beans these days you get an email with "How did we do?"

I bin the lot. You could spend your life doing them.

And if I buy a shirt in Debenhams I always tell them straight away that I don't want a hanger or bag, I don't want a store card, I'm paying by cash and they're not getting my email address. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

I also received and deleted the email.

In respect of stores asking for email addresses, on the pretext of being able to email you the invoice, I fell for that only once, and then got bombarded with promotional emails. Never again.
Regards
Craig
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

I haven't got it and ironically wouldn't mind filling it in. Fairly standard from a company just trying to understand its customer base.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

A handy tip that a friend of ours does to see which companies sell her email address on.

She has her own domain name with email service that just has the one email address.

When she's asked for her email address in a shop such as Currys she will give her email as currys@herdomain.co.uk

Any email then goes to her main email address and she can then see which retailer or company has sold on her info to a third party.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 pm A handy tip that a friend of ours does to see which companies sell her email address on.

She has her own domain name with email service that just has the one email address.

When she's asked for her email address in a shop such as Currys she will give her email as currys@herdomain.co.uk

Any email then goes to her main email address and she can then see which retailer or company has sold on her info to a third party.
You can also do something similar with Gmail, which I find really handy; just append some info after a + to your address, before the domain. For eg...

For myname@gmail.com you'd do:
myname+chrward@gmail.com
myname+amazon@gmail.com
myname+tesco@gmail.com
etc

For any site that does character checking for your address (so doesn't permit + in email addresses) you can put a . anywhere and it'll still come to you, eg...

my.name@gmail.com
m.yname@gmail.com
mynam.e@gmail.com
etc

:thumbup:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

I get needing to know your client base, does anyone else think the whole format is a bit strange? Most times, there would be a link, which would link to a page with fill in the blank, or drop down boxes to fill. Nothing like that in my email. To take part in this I would have to compose the letter in its entirety, and answer each question individually. Very strange. DELETE.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:52 pm I must admit I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to all these online requests for feedback/marketing &c.

It seems that if someone sells you a can of beans these days you get an email with "How did we do?"

I bin the lot. You could spend your life doing them.

And if I buy a shirt in Debenhams I always tell them straight away that I don't want a hanger or bag, I don't want a store card, I'm paying by cash and they're not getting my email address. :D
Pretty much my thoughts too.
Johnny
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

watchaholic wrote:I get needing to know your client base, does anyone else think the whole format is a bit strange? Most times, there would be a link, which would link to a page with fill in the blank, or drop down boxes to fill. Nothing like that in my email. To take part in this I would have to compose the letter in its entirety, and answer each question individually. Very strange. DELETE.
Don’t you just need to send a very short email with your name, address and preferred method of contact - and that’s it? You’re in the prize draw and, if you meet the criteria, you’ll be contacted on either 24th or 25th Sept (by the method you stated) to answer some questions. I don’t think any letters are required.

Nowadays, for security purposes, links in emails are frowned upon as they can take you to any dodgy website if the email is not from who it purports to be from. It’s much safer to email to a specific email address that you know is legit, as per this request.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

The next stage after responding to the initial email is to be offered £75 to personally attend an hours Q&A session in Finsbury EC2 - two dates are offered.

If you decline a personal session you can indicate if you are still interested in participating in some other way.
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|