Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

User experiences of SH21

Post by Gareth »

Hi All

After the GTG at the weekend I've been giving more and more thought to picking up a C60 Apex.

After trying one on, I'm 100% sold on the aesthetics and the size doesn't bother me at all.

One thing I would like to find out a bit more about is any users longer term experience of the SH21 movement. I will be with this watch for the long haul and, while I know the movement has only been around for 5 years or so, I wondered if anyone could share their experience of regular use, servicing costs, accuracy etc.

Thanks!
QPRcat
Junior
Junior

Re: User experiences of SH21

Post by QPRcat »

That’s a great question!

I’ve owned a SH21 for about two years now and its been very accurate. I can be specific on timings per day, but when I’ve kept it on my wrist for weeks on end I’ve never had to adjust the time.
However it had recently started to lose its power reserve once I removed the watch from my wrist. It certainly wasn’t holding the five days stated power reserve. Needless to say I’ve returned the watch and it’s being repaired FOC.

I’ve tried on the new C60 Apex a couple of times and it’s a stunner! As a flagship CW watch I’m sure they will look after everyone who purchases one. Not that you would have an issue of course. I would really like an Apex C60 but my bonuses won’t allow it!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I have a C8PR which I have owned for 18 months. One word: superb.

Accuracy is about -2 secs per day, winding (manual) smooth and responsive. My current favourite watch and definitely a keeper.

Impressed!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I have several pieces that contain the SH21 movement. By far my most worn is the C60 Trident COSC (SH21). My initial comments that I wrote here and made several comments over the course of about 6 months still stand. I wear this watch about 30-40% of the time and it remains as accurate now as it was when I received it. It gets worn enough so it rarely stops and is a tribute to the 5 day reserve. I have checked the reserve a couple of times and it runs about 123 + hours after a full wind.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Off the wrist mine was going steady for 2 days and then gaining time at around 3 times the place from day 3 onwards.
On the wrist it was settling down to gaining less then a second per day. Sadly it's been in for repair for a little over 12 weeks now. I'd did seem though that it runs better when it's worn but I think that's the case for most watches. I think it's going to become 2nd in line for wear after a major new purchase that'll probably make all but 2 of my current watches excess to requirement.
tomc1944
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by tomc1944 »

I have had my C1 Grand Malvern Small Seconds for 2 months now and it by far my favorite watch. The SH21 is running .5 sec/ day. I have been getting over 5 days power reserve. Awesome watch and movement.
C60 Trident GMT MKIII, C60 Trident MKII, C65 Vintage Diver, Oris Williams Chronograph, Oris Big Crown Bronze Brown Dial, Tudor 1926 white 41MM.
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

I miss my SH21 since selling my C9. Very keen to add another to my collection as it’s a beautiful movement which kept outstanding time.
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm