Discuss Christopher Ward watches
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Loupe #14 | Autumn 2019

Post by what-time-is-it »

Is now visible on the CW website: https://www.christopherward.co.uk/loupe14
(was much easier viewing when you published on Issuu CW)

Includes details of the C60 Apex, C65 Military, new Ombre models, C65 316L Yellow and more!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Loupe #14 | Autumn 2019

Post by nbg »

Just had a look through the online version, as I was interested to read more about the new C65 Military versions.

This page, albeit nothing to do with the new C65 models, made me smile! :)
805C1D58-EB5B-4C1A-A5DD-5D7828D0229A.png
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Referencing another watch company pperhaps?

I noticed that too as I was reading my Loupe on the train.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

The article about the military inspired pieces was the most interesting article. Cue the next round of the logo debate!
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

You own it.
We merely look after it best we can with our shoddy after-sales for the next generation.
:silent:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Essex Paul wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:57 pm You own it.
We merely look after it best we can with our shoddy after-sales for the next generation.
Ouch!

I also noticed the 'Watch Servicing' page earlier - trying to encourage more servicing it seems. Just need a few more technicians now.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

You own it.
We merely take so long to service it that we have no choice but to return it to the next generation

(As an aside, I quite like the advert)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

These constant digs at other brands, apeing other marketing choices and using world politics in attempted humour is utterly classless.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

There is a blemish at the 15min mark on the apex bezel. How does that get through?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

sproughton wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:22 pm
You own it.
We merely take so long to service it that we have no choice but to return it to the next generation

(As an aside, I quite like the advert)

:lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

Being on the EU end of the North Sea, I have my watches serviced locally.

First time I brought my C5 Mk 1 in for servicing: "oooh, that's an interesting timepiece!"
Last time I brought it in, on picking it up: "yeah, pretty boring watch to work on. Nothing wrong with it as usual; still spot-on. See you in 5 years."
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

Upon seeing the advert in the OP, my ancient eyes deceived me. Due to the high positioning of the work bench, I thought a child was servicing a watch. Before a second glance, I thought: “Hmmm, that would explain a lot”😏😉
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^ Consider yourself now educated in the standard height of a watchmakers bench.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

I was going to start a separate thread, but then you get too many diverse threads expressing the same opinion. I'm new, definitely not a fanboy for CW watches, I like some designs, I dislike others. I experienced problems (excellently resolved) with my first purchase, so I feel comfortable making a few statements about how I feel without them being misinterpreted, or having the "fanboy label" subconsciously attached.

Forums are great places for people to vent their spleen, make loose comments and reinforce the comments of others. This is not productive if the aim is to drive improvement because all it does is make those we really wish would sit up and take notice....ignore us. I learnt on coffee forums that there are lots posters who create nothing, change nothing and achieve nothing but create an environment that actively discourages companies genuinely seeking their opinion..

This topic quickly degenerated into rehashing service problems again and some quips about the ability of CW to perform in this area. If I were in the service department and read these comments would I feel encouraged and motivated, if I had a problem, would these comments help me deal with it in a level headed manner? We all know the answer.

I did think the servicing intervals should be 5-7 years, but that's another issue. If I were to comment about servicing (and now I will), it would be this way. Remember they could trial this initially. Pretend numbers used:

CW watches offering a service plan, perhaps starting with the SH21 movement and later extending to other movement. It should be opened to people purchasing a new watch and taken up within the first 60 days of ownership. The plan would cost £4 per month for the SH21 movement and could be continued by a new owner. It would give repairs and servicing on the movement due to wear and tear etc.. for the duration of the plan. The plan would also give you a discount on other services e.g. Bezel replacement, straps, parts due to owner damage, certain refurbishing services, regulation etc..

It's pretty much a movement insurance as well....so the watch becomes a lifetime purchase as long as parts are available. With a shorter turnaround for members of the service plan.They could call it a 60/60/Lifetime plan.

This gives a few advantages to CW, we all know a regularly serviced movement is more reliable, subject to less wear and retains it's accuracy. repairs/parts are required far less frequently. It gives them known funding for Customer service allowing it to be resourced correctly. They also know exactly when each and every watch is coming in. Or at least within a month, allowing work to be well planned.

The details need to be worked out but it has to be cheaper and give other advantages for the customer of the service when paying a direct debit like this. It would certainly give a confidence in the brand and an ease of ownership unmatched by other brands (unless some already do this). Of course with negative posting, CW will probably never read this comment as part way through the thread they will glaze over before getting to my post. I made the post because if we are all well focussed on what we need eventually they will get the message.

My spleen..... now vented :lol:
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

^^ now that’s an excellent and constructive post. DavecUK, I’m glad to have you on the forum! As I commented on an earlier post of your, your observations about the QC/CS issues are accurate and move the conversation forward.

I think I would eagerly sign up for a program you suggested.

I look forward to your next post!
Drew