Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rambothejambo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: Introducing the C65 Military Range - Dartmouth / Sandhurst / Cranwell

Post by rambothejambo »

mvlow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:03 pm
jimbo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm Hi Folks, A while since I last posted/been to the forum....... I am a CW fan, I really like the C65 range, but, being a former/retired Royal Marine (Real Marine for those that know) I was disappointed there was not a watch for "Royal".

I have contacted CW and have been advised that if I could get at least 50 people wanting one they would try to do a "Bootneck" watch back with the "Globe and laurel" on it.

Cheers Jimbo
I am also a former Royal and would be interested in a Bootneck version if you can make it happen. When they first announced the military range several months ago I emailed Mike France to ask if they were going to make an RM version. I followed up again in September when Bremont announced their new RM watch. Mike responded to me both times and in his September response said they hope to be producing an RM version by late spring 2020. This would be part of their regular military line, so you wouldn't need to come up with 50 pre-orders. There is at least one other former Royal on this forum that I know of who would probably be interested.

Here is Mikes email response to me.

Hello Malcolm,
I hope this finds you well.
And yes, I can confirm we will be releasing a watch devoted to the Royal Marines in 2020.
At present, it’s not likely to be until late spring but the new military range has been so successful (and it is still on preorder!) that you can be assured I am pushing very hard for as early a release as possible.
Hope that helps you with your decision making.
Best
Mike

Mike France
CEO & co-founder
Christopher Ward
Another ex bootie here :lol: , count me in as one of the fifty you require. I'm also considering the Bremont HM Forces Royal Marines Argonaut which (as an ex marine) I can get for £1795 instead of £2795, not too shabby a discount.Gary.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

The Black dial Dartmouth is on the CW now.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Black Dartmouth available already? My understanding was that we would need to wait until March?
No matter, it’s all good. I might just have to drop one in my basket...

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
rieslingguru
CW-watches: 1

Post by rieslingguru »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:02 pm The Black dial Dartmouth is on the CW now.
Great. I was just thinking about collecting all the "military trilogy" and also add a blue watch along the way. Now I have to re-assess that plan because I am unsure which Dartmouth to get. I feel the black one (with the faux patina?) would go better with the other two.
Pulsometer
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

rambothejambo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:00 pm
mvlow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:03 pm
jimbo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm Hi Folks, A while since I last posted/been to the forum....... I am a CW fan, I really like the C65 range, but, being a former/retired Royal Marine (Real Marine for those that know) I was disappointed there was not a watch for "Royal".

I have contacted CW and have been advised that if I could get at least 50 people wanting one they would try to do a "Bootneck" watch back with the "Globe and laurel" on it.

Cheers Jimbo
I am also a former Royal and would be interested in a Bootneck version if you can make it happen. When they first announced the military range several months ago I emailed Mike France to ask if they were going to make an RM version. I followed up again in September when Bremont announced their new RM watch. Mike responded to me both times and in his September response said they hope to be producing an RM version by late spring 2020. This would be part of their regular military line, so you wouldn't need to come up with 50 pre-orders. There is at least one other former Royal on this forum that I know of who would probably be interested.

Here is Mikes email response to me.

Hello Malcolm,
I hope this finds you well.
And yes, I can confirm we will be releasing a watch devoted to the Royal Marines in 2020.
At present, it’s not likely to be until late spring but the new military range has been so successful (and it is still on preorder!) that you can be assured I am pushing very hard for as early a release as possible.
Hope that helps you with your decision making.
Best
Mike

Mike France
CEO & co-founder
Christopher Ward
Another ex bootie here :lol: , count me in as one of the fifty you require. I'm also considering the Bremont HM Forces Royal Marines Argonaut which (as an ex marine) I can get for £1795 instead of £2795, not too shabby a discount.Gary.
Hi there Rambo jambo (bet your op'os don't know that's your handle on here ) I have also looked at the Bremont....but don't really like it, however the discount is not to be sniffed at (shame it's not for me) I look forward to seeing/hearing about an RM watch from CW and my palms are itching to a possible buy if it's decent and could stand the Endurance course :thumbup:
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side