Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Introducing the C65 Military Range - Dartmouth / Sandhurst / Cranwell

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 pm New to CW sorry - I'm keen to pre-order a Sandhurst, does anybody know if CW take the payment (I would use PayPal) straight away, or only on dispatch?
From the FAQs on CW's website if you read the 'NB:'.

"What does ‘preorder’ mean?

Preorder means that this watch is not yet ready and we’re waiting for its first delivery (or we’re temporarily out of stock). The preorder date is the date we expect it to be ready to ship to customers.

NB: If you order a preorder watch, we will not charge credit card payments until it is ready to be shipped. For payments by PayPal, the funds will be taken immediately."

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Thank you, apologies for missing that (I did actually check the order info areas of the website before posting the question, but missed that FAQ).
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Went back to make the order, and the bracelet option for the Sandhurst has disappeared. I wonder if that means the initial allocation is sold out? The quick release bracelet can't yet be ordered separately either.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:17 pm Went back to make the order, and the bracelet option for the Sandhurst has disappeared. I wonder if that means the initial allocation is sold out? The quick release bracelet can't yet be ordered separately either.
The QR bracelets can be ordered separately for Cranwell, Sandhurst and Dartmouth

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/straps/bracelets
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

That's the older non-QR one I think? It doesn't mention a QR anyway, which seems odd.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:28 pm That's the older non-QR one I think? It doesn't mention a QR anyway, which seems odd.
It's the new QR - look at the clasp, plus the increased cost over the old version

Plus, if you can be bothered to open up the link for the bracelet this is the text description

"An all-new bracelet developed for our C65 Trident Vintage Mk II and C65 Cranwell Series 1 watches, this stainless steel model features a fully brushed finish and, for the first time, an innovative quick-release system that makes fitting and removal a job that takes just seconds."

and, for the Dartmouth/Sandhurst;

Features
Marine-grade stainless steel bracelet
Three-fold deployment clasp with micro adjustment
Quick-release system for easy changing

Seems fairly conclusive to me
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

I'm after the Sandhurst one, not Cranwell. Are they definitely compatible? It seems odd that they would specifically say Cranwell, but not Sandhurst.
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Ok, I think the mention of Cranwell there is probably a typo, and they mean Sandhurst (because Cranwell is listed separately elsewhere, and is apparently 22mm wide, not 20mm).
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm Ok, I think the mention of Cranwell there is probably a typo, and they mean Sandhurst (because Cranwell is listed separately elsewhere, and is apparently 22mm wide, not 20mm).
I was just typing out a message to say the same thing - sorted :thumbup:
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Hi Folks, A while since I last posted/been to the forum....... I am a CW fan, I really like the C65 range, but, being a former/retired Royal Marine (Real Marine for those that know) I was disappointed there was not a watch for "Royal".

I have contacted CW and have been advised that if I could get at least 50 people wanting one they would try to do a "Bootneck" watch back with the "Globe and laurel" on it.

I have tried to drum up some interest with "Bootie" forums but can't get enough so far.

I have also had suggestions of a dagger on the back/face, a green face/dial to make it a little less "pongo" or "Jack"

For me I love the blue, but don't want a "Navy" back to the watch.......so who is in to get a really special watch for "Real Marines" other countries Marines could also follow the lead of the best and be interested.

A "Nato" strap with the "corps" colours could help?

I like this watch so much I would rather have one of these than the Planet Ocean I have been saving up for a few years for. (Yes I know it is not going to be so robust owing to the crown......but it is a beautiful watch...the Dartmouth that is......although it does sound like a watch for officers, as a former "other" rank would be very happy with one of these)

Cheers Jimbo
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Perhaps an obvious statement but drumming up support for a regimental/corps specific designed watch may be challenging certainly outside of the regiment/corps because of the association.
jimbo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm A "Nato" strap with the "corps" colours could help?
One of the best places I've found for Regimental NATO colour straps are here: https://www.regimentalshop.com/collecti ... s-g10-nato
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

The watch design is in hand if I can get enough numbers....thanks for the link :)
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

jimbo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm Hi Folks, A while since I last posted/been to the forum....... I am a CW fan, I really like the C65 range, but, being a former/retired Royal Marine (Real Marine for those that know) I was disappointed there was not a watch for "Royal".

I have contacted CW and have been advised that if I could get at least 50 people wanting one they would try to do a "Bootneck" watch back with the "Globe and laurel" on it.

Cheers Jimbo
I am also a former Royal and would be interested in a Bootneck version if you can make it happen. When they first announced the military range several months ago I emailed Mike France to ask if they were going to make an RM version. I followed up again in September when Bremont announced their new RM watch. Mike responded to me both times and in his September response said they hope to be producing an RM version by late spring 2020. This would be part of their regular military line, so you wouldn't need to come up with 50 pre-orders. There is at least one other former Royal on this forum that I know of who would probably be interested.

Here is Mikes email response to me.

Hello Malcolm,
I hope this finds you well.
And yes, I can confirm we will be releasing a watch devoted to the Royal Marines in 2020.
At present, it’s not likely to be until late spring but the new military range has been so successful (and it is still on preorder!) that you can be assured I am pushing very hard for as early a release as possible.
Hope that helps you with your decision making.
Best
Mike

Mike France
CEO & co-founder
Christopher Ward
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Sweet :)
rieslingguru

Post by rieslingguru »

My New Year’s resolution was to not buy any watches in 2020, but these military timepieces have really been testing me lately. Good job CW!
Pulsometer