FLE #8 - Poll #5

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

I will buy one of these 3 models. (You may vote for up to 3 and can change your choices.)

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:58 am

#3 - Black sweep hand - white GMT hand with red tip
38%
#4 - Black sweep hand with red tip - white GMT hand with red tip
24%
#5 - Black sweep hand with red tip including lume circle - white GMT hand with red tip
38%

Total votes: 58

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: FLE #8 - Poll #5

Post by timor54 »

I wonder if the newly announced 40mm GMT will change the potential feasibility of this?
Tim
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

timor54 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 pm I wonder if the newly announced 40mm GMT will change the potential feasibility of this?
Good point. :thumbup:

Dump the 42mm and go for the 40mm! :)

In a sane world anyone with a wrist size of less than about 8” would regard 40mm as a suitable size.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I hope the delay combined with all the new models out didn't kill the steam on this. It was running hot then... nothing. Not Kip's fault; I know. But like was said above I personally can't see this moving forward without a vote on it being 40mm or 42mm. Knowing we can now have a 40mm version makes the 42mm undesirable to me. Maybe the 40mm would bring in more people? We'd have to see.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
groovin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by groovin »

You are all assuming that the 40 would bring in more people and while that might be true, it is also to be expected that switching to a 40 would make several of the people who were backing a 42 version including myself not interested anymore. Furthermore I don't get the point in making any generic statements about what size of watches people should wear since it's all based on personal experience and preference.

It would be nice though to have any kind of news on how this might evolve since maybe people have budgeted this in for the end of the year/beginning of next year and can make other plans if this will sadly not happen anymore.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

Everything “groovin” said plus a 20mm lug width is a no go for me.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
lisnalee
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by lisnalee »

The main issue with getting this any further is getting enough people to decide on how much red paint to put on the second hand.

C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

lisnalee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:07 pm The main issue with getting this any further is getting enough people to decide on how much red paint to put on the second hand.
Is it ?

Kip posted some time ago -
"I am investigating some options.

There will be no further polls until I get more information."

No mention of amount of red or anything else to define what options are being investigated.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

If 40mm somehow does become feasible, then it should at least be put to a vote.
After all, almost everything else has been voted on so far.

As others have quite rightly stated, what works for some doesn't work for all. But this also includes the larger size cases.
Ryan
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

The poll has closed but I would have voted option 6. It looks excellent and tick a lot of boxes for me.
However that is based on my first and only experience so far ending positively. ( will know the outcome of that in the next few days )
Thanks
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

StrappedUp wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:08 pm If 40mm somehow does become feasible, then it should at least be put to a vote.
After all, almost everything else has been voted on so far.

As others have quite rightly stated, what works for some doesn't work for all. But this also includes the larger size cases.
This. The larger size is the sole reason I wouldn't buy the FLE unfortunately, so if 40mm is now back in play I'd like a vote if at all possible.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I have posted a status update here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.