LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: The new CWArchive

Post by Kip »

The forum upgrade we did today has finally enabled the forum to directly link to the CWArchives via the banner on the Portal page and the Archives link on the Board Index page.

As you probably realize, the CWArchive is a constant work in progress. Many, many thanks go out to my Admin Team for their constant diligence and efforts at maintaining this archive. I also want to thank those who have made suggestions via the "Suggest an edit" function.

We would also like to announce that we have made some recent additions.

Under the “Publications” tab a link to important videos has been added. This contains links to the Christopher Ward Youtube channel as well as links to what we feel are important videos of historical value.

Under the “About” Tab we have added “Logo Evolution” which will show you the logo’s used and when, since CW was founded.

Our most significant accomplishment is the addition of Model Retirement dates that has been added to every model variant. These dates are not necessarily the last sale date of a model but reflect when a model was no longer available at regular price via the website. This will establish a tighter time frame of model availability.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

First thing I checked when the Forum came back up. Great work and many thanks!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Me too! Superb work mods & admins! It all looks brilliant!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

While going through and cleaning up some CW files on my computer I found some original pdf's of CW catalogs from 2007. 08 and 09 that I didn't know I had. We have now added these to the CWArchives. This is the direct link to the publications.

It is our intent to get all of the older catalogs and the original Christopher Ward Magazine into the CWArchives as soon as possible, but some still need to be converted to pdf's. We are working on it.

In the meantime, enjoy the read of the early models of CW. Some you may have never seen and I am sure a few you forgot about.

Also added is a video titled CW-The first 10 years. This was first viewed at the event in 2014 that launched the SH21 movement and announced the rebranding along with the merger of Synergies Horlogères.

I hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Thanks Kip! I just flipped through the catalog. It’s fascinating to look at the design language of their early watches to see how the brand has grown and evolved over the last 13 years.

I’d love to see them take that rectangular lady’s watch and scale it up to a more masculine size, maybe with the movement from the 529 to keep it thin.
Drew
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by monkeymax »

Thanks from me too - it's amusing to flip back through some of the magazines and I just noticed you were mentioned in Spring 2014! :lol: One of the watches in the catalogues you have just uploaded is still my daily wearer, so it's far from forgotten! :)
Looking back at that collection though makes me feel it's a shame CW don't do any of their lady's range of watches anymore.
bAR7O

Post by bAR7O »

Thanks for your hard work, Kip!
It seems CW changed a lot since the beginning, the brand logo and design changed a lot, also seeing the new watches, I hardly find watches with a glass back... :(
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

This is a great resource!

Question: I'm interested to know if it's possible to find out how many of the C60 Blue (The Beast) Trident Chronograph were ever produced. I know it was discontinued in June of '19 according to the archive and it was originally introduced in January of '16. Is there somewhere this data is shared or would CW disclose if I asked their customer service?

I think this watch is one of the very best watches I've ever owned and I'd like to know as much as I can about the model.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Jkpa wrote:This is a great resource!

Question: I'm interested to know if it's possible to find out how many of the C60 Blue (The Beast) Trident Chronograph were ever produced. I know it was discontinued in June of '19 according to the archive and it was originally introduced in January of '16. Is there somewhere this data is shared or would CW disclose if I asked their customer service?

I think this watch is one of the very best watches I've ever owned and I'd like to know as much as I can about the model.

You will not be able to get that information.

It is not shared anywhere and CW will not disclose as it is 'Commercial in Confidence'.

The only watches you can assess numbers sold for are Limited Editions.

Reading information on the forum and within the CWArchive is the best there is.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm
Jkpa wrote:This is a great resource!

You will not be able to get that information.

It is not shared anywhere and CW will not disclose as it is 'Commercial in Confidence'.

The only watches you can assess numbers sold for are Limited Editions.

Reading information on the forum and within the CWArchive is the best there is.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks Guy :)
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

For one person and a small team to put that together is absolutely astounding. Very well done guys.
The vision and commitment to needed to compile so much info shouldnt be overlooked. :clap:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

We appreciate the kind words. We also hope you use and enjoy the CWArchive. It is constantly updated.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

What a fantastic resource to have developed! I appreciate the effort to get all this brand history into an accessible format. The sheer volume of lines and varieties is a bit staggering. I had very limited knowledge of the CW line. Even now there are depths still to explore.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Back in November of last year we had an edit/suggestion pop up in the CWArchive that we thought was interesting.
Perhaps consider linking a Loupe article (or previous CW publication article) when a model is launched and featured in that publication to that specific model in the archive.

Viognier (Lance)
We thought it was interesting but did not know if it was possible. We also had not ever thought of doing this! #-o I cannot recall if I answered Lance or not, :oops: but the Admin Team shelved the idea since we were doing a lot of general house keeping at the time. The approaching holidays also did not seem an opportune time.

Well thanks to the ingenuity of “downer” we have now implemented Lance’s idea and we think it adds to the reference capabilities of the CWArchive. We have added a featured model(s) link(s) to all the magazines/Loupe’s that we have. The appropriate link is also now featured on the “Model” page. Now you can find the launch article of the model you might be looking up or you can link directly to the featured model(s) from your chosen publication on the "Publications" pages.

We hope you will find this helpful at some some point. Thank you for the suggestion Lance! :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Kip wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 pm Back in November of last year we had an edit/suggestion pop up in the CWArchive that we thought was interesting.
Perhaps consider linking a Loupe article (or previous CW publication article) when a model is launched and featured in that publication to that specific model in the archive.

Viognier (Lance)
We thought it was interesting but did not know if it was possible. We also had not ever thought of doing this! #-o I cannot recall if I answered Lance or not, :oops: but the Admin Team shelved the idea since we were doing a lot of general house keeping at the time. The approaching holidays also did not seem an opportune time.

Well thanks to the ingenuity of “downer” we have now implemented Lance’s idea and we think it adds to the reference capabilities of the CWArchive. We have added a featured model(s) link(s) to all the magazines/Loupe’s that we have. The appropriate link is also now featured on the “Model” page. Now you can find the launch article of the model you might be looking up or you can link directly to the featured model(s) from your chosen publication on the "Publications" pages.

We hope you will find this helpful at some some point. Thank you for the suggestion Lance! :thumbup:
Whatever is involved, it sounds hard. So a heartfelt thank you to the admin team for the addition of this feature!
Drew