The new CWArchive

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: The new CWArchive

Post by downer »

Molan wrote:Will the original simple spreadsheet be updated (maybe a spreadsheet is feeding the new database)?

I find that really useful for quick access and I keep a version saved on my phone so I can use it easily any time I want to check something :)
The original spreadsheet is not connected to the archive and is no longer maintained.
Richard
Rooster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Rooster »

Belated congratulations to all involved, especially Kip for his persistence. Fabulous resource we can all benefit from.
Dylan
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Been away on holiday, and only going through missed threads now - great work by all involved, but special thanks to Kip for his perseverance - it can’t have been very easy at all...

:clap:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'm sure it's in hand...but the Forum Archives link at https://www.christopherwardforum.com/ is still directing people to the old link archives/ and not to https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#home/
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Yes it is in hand. We require some changes to the core code on the forum to allow the domain to appear natively on the forum but also allow for it to be fully searchable through search engines. A bit more complex than initially thought so I have put in the hands of the CW tech staff. It should be completed soon.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

Just wanted to say how helpful I've found the archive in researching some of the older watches.

It helped me purchase a first CW for my better half yesterday, and as I know very little about the woman's range the info on the archive was invaluable for me to make a decision to purchase.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Hey, Kip. I think there's a C5 missing from the Archive: The C5 Galvanic "Mk 1.5" transition model. It was right before the Malverns switched to 39mm. I noticed it some time ago and looking again I can't find it on there. It came in both quartz and automatic. Ferg used to own the black auto. and I still own the cream quartz. :)
Attachments
C5SWTmalvernnewer.jpg
C5SKK_Galvanic.jpg
c5sks_galvanic.jpg
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

It was not forgotten!

The C5 Mk 1.5 was never an official designation by CW. We actually came up with that here on the forum. If you look at the "Model notes" under the C5 MK I and C5 Mk II you will discover references and transitional information for the C5 1.5.

We probably should include some photos of these versions for historical purposes. I will work on it. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

Love the new archive, so much information and sections, I could get lost in it for days.
Well done to all , who made it happen.
Matt.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

I am glad you like it.

We are making every effort to keep it as current as possible and are constantly tweaking.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

We would love to know if you are using the CWArchives.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Yep, quite frequently - excellent research tool !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Needs the URL changing on the forum homepage imho to make it easy to find.

I would also replace the CW blog banner at the top of the forum homepage and promote the archive instead.

Appreciate you are waiting for the IT team to update, but this was relaunched in August. :thumbdown:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Most definitely.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

what-time-is-it wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:03 pm Needs the URL changing on the forum homepage imho to make it easy to find.

I would also replace the CW blog banner at the top of the forum homepage and promote the archive instead.

Appreciate you are waiting for the IT team to update, but this was relaunched in August. :thumbdown:
Yes we are awaiting CW IT to take care of the new link. We were awaiting the upgrade we did last month so I am now following up.

A good idea regarding the Portal banner.
I have added to my list.

Thanks.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"