Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C60 Apex Limited Edition

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A couple of photos of the Apex, taken at the London GTG on Saturday.

and side on to show its height.

Yes it's tall, but in practical terms, no different to the Trident MKII SH21 or Chronograph which, due to the shape and size of my wrist, sit quite comfortably.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

I have watches higher than that so wouldn’t bother me, but it’s just not for me.
I am also strictly a bargain hunter and wouldn’t even consider it at that price despite how much I might like it.

I wouldn’t pay full price for any watch, good luck to those who desire one though.
Johnny
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

anyone thinking of going for it use the MOD10 promo code for 10% off
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

After some consideration (ie discussions with the Finance Director) I've decided to take the plunge on a C60 Apex.

After contacting CW to enquire about reserving a serial number, four of my preferred five numbers were already taken and CS confirmed sales are going well.

Looking forward to the end of the month now and hopefully a visit to Maidenhead to pick it up. Now looking to move on two or three watches to redress the balance.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Gareth wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:17 pm After some consideration (ie discussions with the Finance Director) I've decided to take the plunge on a C60 Apex.

After contacting CW to enquire about reserving a serial number, four of my preferred five numbers were already taken and CS confirmed sales are going well.

Looking forward to the end of the month now and hopefully a visit to Maidenhead to pick it up. Now looking to move on two or three watches to redress the balance.
Congratulations. A great job on persuading the "Finance Director" and I hope that any conditions attached to the purchase won't be too onerous :thumbup:
I think you'll be the third C60 Apex owner on the forum. Any more and we might as well have our own GTG.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Charlief
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Charlief »

I like the look. I might change the strap though. I’m seriously thinking this one over.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I contacted CW about the C60 Apex this morning. I was told that they have received two batches from Switzerland. They are going through final QC/QA and packaging in Maidenhead. Shipment notices should go out in the next couple of days. Assuming your watch passed QC/QA, and you live in the UK, then you should receive it by Friday.
Mine, going to the US, will take a bit longer :( :(
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to be able to go up to CW HQ to pick up something rather special...

So far it's averaging +5 seconds per day since I've had it, which I think is pretty good. Its my first experience of the SH21 so I'll monitor timekeeping going forward for a bit.

I was able to look at lots of watches whilst in the showroom and Declan was great at talking through where CW are going with future releases, and also talking me through some of the watches already in the range.

I also managed to also pick up a 22mm rubber strap for my C60 GMT (possibly the last one they have, as they've moved over to the hybrid straps now).

My first few days with the C60 Apex haven't disappointed - its every bit as good as my initial impressions and, in my opinion, well worth the price tag.
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

Congratulations Gareth on a fine looking acquisition!
Regards,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Congratulations, Gareth. Do keep us updated on how you are enjoying living with it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
K9doberman
CW-watches: 2

Post by K9doberman »

Bought the C60 Apex and love it! Great timepiece, great movement, incredibly accurate, really unique looking, gets compliments all the time.

The price was high but who cares! I have the money, love the watch and don't buy watches to make money. I buy them because I like to wear them and enjoy them.

For those who are hung up on the cost, I get it. Just don't knock us who have the cash and spend it on things we like.

Thanks