Out of Stock

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
khoanguyen0497

Out of Stock

Post by khoanguyen0497 »

I ordered a C65 vintage, got an email saying the watch has been dispatched, but the link to track wasn't working so I thought it was just an error and ignored it.

One week later, link still didn't work, I email them asking about my watch, and I was told that the link should work and the item is now being delivered. It didn't but I waited 3 days because it might take time.

Emailed again, asking about the tracking and was told that the item was out of stock (???) and that they have sent me 2 emails about it. I emailed again to make sure what was happening and they now said it was miscommunication between them and logistics team and that the watch is actually out of stock.

I don't even know what to do, they've been holding my money for 2 weeks, no updates were given. This completely destroys their image in my mind as a watchmaker. Heck, even Daniel Wellington has better service, they have my respect.

Even worse, the person replying to my emails doesn't seem to care at all, her English is a joke with typos everywhere, feels like they are hiring undergrad students for this.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Out of Stock

Post by jtc »

That's awful. Hopefully they resolve it for you quickly by getting your money refunded. You can likely pick up a watch on the used market if you really wanted one.

Hopefully Mike France is made aware of this issue.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome to the forum and sorry that it is not in more positive circumstances.

When buying a current model watch from Christopher Ward, if it is out of stock then it will usually be back in stock within 2 - 4 weeks.

What have CW told you?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Bit poor really. Tell them how you feel as all feedback is positive.
Also, vote with your feet if you don't get the reply you want.
At the very least they should upgrade you to next day once in stock.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

khoanguyen0497 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:54 am
I don't even know what to do, they've been holding my money for 2 weeks, no updates were given.
Firstly, check with your Credit Card company or PayPal, whichever you used, to confirm that payment has, indeed been made, then either request the watch, after re-stock or ask for a cancelation and full refund, if you'd prefer.

If you're in the UK, it would be easier and quicker to phone, otherwise, drop them an email with your preferred option.

Don't worry, you will, eventually get your money or a watch. They mess up on the communication front, occasionally but they aren't crooks. Your cash isn't lost!
Steve.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

That is so unprofessional.
Changes/increase in staff still not happening.
Poor fella. New customer, first experience and won’t be coming back. Daniel Wellington better? Highly embarrassing for CW.
Come on guys. Socks up!
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've just been watching the "Custom Built" video on the Mizuno Golf UK web site.

Many companies would do well to view this and take on the attitude and process management shown at the Mizuno factory in Scotland, where they receive the club heads that have been produced in Japan to (of course) exacting high standards.

I lost count of the number of times that the importance of the "customer" was mentioned and each area of the factory treats the other build areas as their (internal) "customer" to ensure a high quality of work and transfer of the paperwork record is maintained throughout the process. This ensures that if there are any issues or customer complaints post-delivery they are able to see and check where it or what might have gone wrong.

The final point made was that the turnover of staff is minimal - they employ the right people who will accept and work to the "high quality" work ethic and those staff tend to stay with Mizuno.