New arrival. C65 Trident Diver Blue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

New arrival. C65 Trident Diver Blue

Post by Essex Paul »

Couldn’t wait any longer. Bit the bullet giving CW a second chance. Just Hope to god it doesn’t have to go in for any reason. If it does I’ve told Declan I’m returning it to him by hand. He agreed :lol:

Anyway a good day at CW.
Been before but did the usual looking at all the watches in particularly the C60. Nice solid watches, good bezel click and the 40m is spot on!

Had my eye on the C65 blue since November. Lovely looking in the flesh too. Thought about the auto and was tempted.But, I don’t need the date, I have a Sub with ‘blobs’ on the dial and I haven’t got a manual wind in my collection yet. So went with my gut and am so happy!
Looked at the new QR bracelet on the C60 (C65 QR arrival in a couple of weeks) and thought the larger centre link on the new bracelet just doesn’t look right with the vintage aesthetic of the C65. The old oyster look is perfect and felt the new look was too modern. Just my opinion obviously. So, purchased on the original bracelet and purchased a spring bar tool online. Yes the QR is a time and faff saver and I’m gutted the oyster doesn’t have it. BUT, I’d rather spend longer changing the strap and have a bracelet I want and suits the watch better.
No discount but Declan gave me the tan leather strap, a pod for free. Also didn’t charge for the bracelet adjustment. So I’m happy. Got great coffee too! :lol:

I mentioned the CS/QR issues and he told me in as many words that staff (not up to standard) have left.
I said fine but communication needs improving and more staff needed. Particularly the waiting times. He nodded and agreed. Although he has limited power of course.
Chris popped in and thanked me for my custom, was very humble and had a nice chat, as we did last November.
A few pics of my latest acquisition.......
D064CC52-7C57-4036-8AEB-62C0776D8FB8.jpeg
45760868-6926-4B70-BC29-4962310FE107.jpeg
662D5DB6-EFEC-4B5E-A818-697D3F4E0AB5.jpeg
70BD76D7-328C-4EF1-9F2D-FCD672C50539.jpeg
EF270D30-917D-46C9-8D69-E92DCC3FCBE1.jpeg
7A4CD25B-4D72-4F64-AE44-315C7CF0D66B.jpeg
ABC4939F-2237-44E3-8AA0-B7D393E4C060.jpeg
83C2CB3B-350E-44E0-BA41-65DE463009E9.jpeg
030E212B-79F0-4EB9-B6D5-A9D992E3A9EA.jpeg
57F36F18-490C-4779-8421-F0CBFF12A7E8.jpeg
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: New arrival. C65 Trident Diver Blue

Post by Thermexman »

Good choice. It’s the one I would have gone for, if I didn’t already have one.8-[
Steve.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Thermexman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 pm Good choice. It’s the one I would have gone for, if I didn’t already have one.8-[
Cheers Steve. The auto threw a spanner in the works but didn’t come close imho.
:thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Did they happen to have one of the new military field watch prototypes hanging around for you to take a peek at?
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

mvlow wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm Did they happen to have one of the new military field watch prototypes hanging around for you to take a peek at?
No Malcolm. I asked if there was anything coming out very shortly or any prototypes and Declan said not at moment.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Good luck with it Paul (but no doubt you picked a good runner) a nice piece of kit and good that you went over again to get the "skinny".
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Grey choice, they doo look lovely in the blue. I take my hat off to you regarding the logic in choice over date/no date and “blob” hour markers, I can never be so clinical in choice!

Enjoy it and wear with pride,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thanks for posting the story and photos of your visit Paul. I thought at first you had gone crazy and bought the 25 or so CW's in the photos but then realised that was just the temptation Declan was putting under your nose :lol:

Great choice with the blue C65 Diver which looks great on both the bracelet and tan strap.

Good points about the bracelet, pity you couldn't get the version you wanted with QR (which I think that is a great development for the Trident mk3).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

H0rati0 wrote: ↑
Good luck with it Paul (but no doubt you picked a good runner) a nice piece of kit and good that you went over again to get the "skinny".

Cheers Horacio, well happy.

Thegreyman wrote: ↑
Thanks for posting the story and photos of your visit Paul. I thought at first you had gone crazy and bought the 25 or so CW's in the photos but then realised that was just the temptation Declan was putting under your nose :lol:

Great choice with the blue C65 Diver which looks great on both the bracelet and tan strap.

Good points about the bracelet, pity you couldn't get the version you wanted with QR (which I think that is a great development for the Trident mk3).

Thanks Greyman. Very happy with choice. I was tempted by a few others yes! :lol: Agree the new QR C60 is a great step forward and, for that model, perfect. But as I said, didn’t look as good as the oyster on the C65 range. At least I don’t change straps that often and with tweezers along with a bit of practise it’s no big deal. :thumbup:

Jcalder68 wrote: ↑
Grey choice, they doo look lovely in the blue. I take my hat off to you regarding the logic in choice over date/no date and “blob” hour markers, I can never be so clinical in choice!

Enjoy it and wear with pride,

C

Cheers C. I do like a bit of diversity in my collection. And I can be a bit clinical if I need to. :lol:
The date would just be a complication I don’t need (Can’t see! |) and just think the manual is a back to basics vintage watch. Yes the auto bezel does look cleaner than the manual, but overall the manual wins for me. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

^^^ Apologies for the cut & past approach .But logged me out after I’d multi quoted! So had to copy, log on again and paste. Otherwise I’d have had to start all over again! 😡
C65 Trident Diver Blue
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Paul !
A fantastic purchase mate ;)
Nice post on visiting the showroom too.
Can't wait to revisit it in February, it's been far too long since I've been there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Great post, Paul and a lovely watch. I bought the exact same model last November and have been really pleased with it. I keep mine on the bracelet because it is particularly difficult to get it back on. However, that is a boon in warm weather with the adjustable clasp.

I really love the colours on mine and although I take the GMT on holiday this does have the feel of a really nice summer watch.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 am Congratulations Paul !
A fantastic purchase mate ;)
Nice post on visiting the showroom too.
Can't wait to revisit it in February, it's been far too long since I've been there.
Cheers Ferg. Really happy. Great to know you’re going back in February. Await your report and what you’ve purchased. :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:12 am Great post, Paul and a lovely watch. I bought the exact same model last November and have been really pleased with it. I keep mine on the bracelet because it is particularly difficult to get it back on. However, that is a boon in warm weather with the adjustable clasp.

I really love the colours on mine and although I take the GMT on holiday this does have the feel of a really nice summer watch.
Thanks Steve. Loving the bracelet. Funnily enough I find it quite easy to get back on. Declan lent me some pliers and wasn’t too bad. And yes, seems to suit summer very well. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Question oh wise C65 owners. (Manual).

My power reserve is 38 hours.
Website and handbook says 42 hours.

1) Who’s right?
2) Have I bought ANOTHER turkey??

Tks. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Perceived wisdom from the (new format) CW Forum Archives is 42 hours, which concurs with the website.

How many times have you tested it? Was it fully wound?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England