C60 Apex

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Chris375
Senior
Senior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm
CW-watches: 4

C60 Apex

Post by Chris375 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Does anyone have any information/ideas with regard to the C60 Apex as I believe it should be surfacing soon?
Cheers,
Chris
4xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7851
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Edinburgh

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Thegreyman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm

I believe there may be some information on the watch (or possibly a preview) at the London GTG at the end of August. That being the case, you should get some information from those who are attending, myself included.
Patrick

C7 Hornet, C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

Chris375
Senior
Senior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Chris375 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm
I believe there may be some information on the watch (or possibly a preview) at the London GTG at the end of August. That being the case, you should get some information from those who are attending, myself included.
Would appreciate that Patrick as I can't attend as I am working that day.
Cheers
Chris
4xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

Macdaz
Senior
Senior
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: UK

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Macdaz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm

I saw and held one at a visit to the Towers in June. I would have been shot if I’d even touched my phone, so no pics.

It was gorgeous and my mate who was with me reserved one on the spot. But I have to be honest. I’m old and I can’t remember much about it. Only that it was stunning.
Omega SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako & Mako XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3 Malvern |Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2|Vostok Komandirskie 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT

User avatar
McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Apex

Post by McDaWisel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm

Saw it at a visit too. Lovely watch, but not what I expected. I think it’s out before the end of the year. Would be interesting to know the price but would expect 3k+

Bungle-ator
Junior
Junior
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Bungle-ator » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 pm

McDaWisel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm
Saw it at a visit too. Lovely watch, but not what I expected. I think it’s out before the end of the year. Would be interesting to know the price but would expect 3k+
Oooft. £3k+ is way too much for a CW just now with all the QC and CS issues.

User avatar
McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Apex

Post by McDaWisel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Does anyone know what the C7 SH21 apex cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris375
Senior
Senior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Chris375 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 pm

McDaWisel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Does anyone know what the C7 SH21 apex cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly it was £2895.
4xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

User avatar
McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Apex

Post by McDaWisel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 pm

Yeah that’s what I thought. I stand by my guesstimate that the C60 Apex will be over 3k.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20445
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 pm

McDaWisel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Does anyone know what the C7 SH21 apex cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was £2,995 and an LE of 50 pieces.

As to release date for the C60 Apex the question was asked at the Manchester GTG;-
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:18 pm
Any information on the design for the C60 Apex and it's intended release date and any ideas of release dates for the other Apex models?
C60 Apex is due to be released in September '19.

It is a project in conjunction with Armin Strom. Like the C7 Apex it will be skeletonised front and rear with, for the first time, a display back on a CW diver. WR will be 300m. Design sketches are in the next edition of Loupe and expect the price to be in the region of £3,500.

There will be an Aviator Apex in 2021.

Guy
Those attending the London GTG might well get an official first peek.

Guy
C2 FLE |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Auto Chrono |C70 x2
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11Mak Ext
C60 FLE x2 |C60 SH21 x2 |C60 Chrono P'type |C60 Elite 1000 |C65 Khaki |C600 x2 |C1000 |C4&W7 BBMF

User avatar
McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Apex

Post by McDaWisel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Well as always we should just have waited for Guy :-P Much more precise and helpful than my crude guessing...

That’s a fair chunk of change but I don’t doubt they will all be reserved before they even hit the site.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macdaz
Senior
Senior
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: UK

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Macdaz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Yep, I could remember £3k. I also remember my jaw hitting the table when my mate, who had no intention of buying anything, asked to reserve one!
Omega SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako & Mako XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3 Malvern |Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2|Vostok Komandirskie 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT

Chris375
Senior
Senior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Chris375 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:26 am

“Bahnstormer_vRS” wrote:C60 Apex is due to be released in September '19.

It is a project in conjunction with Armin Strom. Like the C7 Apex it will be skeletonised front and rear with, for the first time, a display back on a CW diver. WR will be 300m. Design sketches are in the next edition of Loupe and expect the price to be in the region of £3,500.

Guy
Thanks Guy.
Remembered about it being released in September but as we are closing in on the date wondered if there was any info that might be out there such as that which people who have been to CW Towers have been able to find out.
Chris
4xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

User avatar
neilj568
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:08 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: C60 Apex

Post by neilj568 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:48 am

Bungle-ator wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 pm
McDaWisel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm
Saw it at a visit too. Lovely watch, but not what I expected. I think it’s out before the end of the year. Would be interesting to know the price but would expect 3k+
Oooft. £3k+ is way too much for a CW just now with all the QC and CS issues.
actually "...way too much for a CW..." period
_________________________________________
Wrist Size 210mm/8.2"

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: C60 Apex

Post by Mikkei4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:57 am

£3500 ?
For me that's pushing the desire for a limited production CW way too far, even for the bragging rights of just 50 being made.
Maybe it will look incredible but I'd have to consider what else is available for that money, even though it would be 1 of thousands of other of that watch, eg Omega Seamaster, Rolex OP.

Post Reply