C65 - which bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
djohnson29
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 - which bracelet?

Post by djohnson29 »

I'm looking at the aviation watches and the dress watches. Besides clashing themes (simple/elegant vs more rugged) are straps interchangeable for all varieties?
--

Dan
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 - which bracelet? New CW bought.

Post by DanielDZ »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:27 pm Update.
QR C65 bracelets not arrived at CW Towers yet, expected next couple of weeks.
New look bracelet not a touch on old one.
Looks great on modern looking C60, not on vintagy (that a word?) C65. The older oyster look suits it better.
Bought the C65 diver on bracelet. Declan gave me a free tanned leather bracelet and pod. Didn’t charge for the bracelet adjustment either. So although no discount on watch as such, was like getting one as wanted strap too.
Chris popped in to say hello. Was very humble and thanked me. When I asked Declan about the CS/QC problems, he said staff have been changed as others weren’t “up to it”. I said more communication and staff numbers would help. He agreed.
I’m very happy with a watch I've wanted for a while. If it has to go back for any reason I won’t be going through CS, I’ll be visiting Declan. Who said that’ll be fine. If not, money back, bye bye CW.
Hope not. A right looker of a watch.
Now, onto Cousins.co.uk for a strap tool! :lol:
So is the C65 quick release aesthetically different? If that’s the case, I might just Bute the bullet on the current one.
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

DanielDZ wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:08 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:27 pm Update.
QR C65 bracelets not arrived at CW Towers yet, expected next couple of weeks.
New look bracelet not a touch on old one.
Looks great on modern looking C60, not on vintagy (that a word?) C65. The older oyster look suits it better.
Bought the C65 diver on bracelet. Declan gave me a free tanned leather bracelet and pod. Didn’t charge for the bracelet adjustment either. So although no discount on watch as such, was like getting one as wanted strap too.
Chris popped in to say hello. Was very humble and thanked me. When I asked Declan about the CS/QC problems, he said staff have been changed as others weren’t “up to it”. I said more communication and staff numbers would help. He agreed.
I’m very happy with a watch I've wanted for a while. If it has to go back for any reason I won’t be going through CS, I’ll be visiting Declan. Who said that’ll be fine. If not, money back, bye bye CW.
Hope not. A right looker of a watch.
Now, onto Cousins.co.uk for a strap tool! :lol:
So is the C65 quick release aesthetically different? If that’s the case, I might just Bute the bullet on the current one.
Yes. Just like the C60 one. The middle links are wider, outer thinner. The middle link in shoulder is also raised. Current one on shoulder flat.
IMHO the look of the older bracelet is better for the C65. Just wish it had QR pins like the new one. :thumbdown:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

DanielDZ wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:08 pm So is the C65 quick release aesthetically different? If that’s the case, I might just Bute the bullet on the current one.
To be fair, and having checked the back of my trident quick release bracelet. I think the wider centre link is more to do with the technicalities of the quick release mechanism, rather then the choice being made for aesthetic purposes.

Each end of the link is uncovered at the back, to allow the release pins to move, it therefore appears to need a longer centre section to hold them securely in place.

Here’s a photo to show what I mean.
4386D570-C9D9-41ED-BF0E-E94995276779.jpeg
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior

Post by DanielDZ »

Thanks for the help guys.

Paul, I have to agree wire your assessment about the old style bracelet befitting the C65’s vintage looks. I’ve taken the plunge and ordered one off the website. I love the watch on leather but it’s too hot and I just don’t think it suits NATO, so roll on the bracelet.
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

DanielDZ wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:47 pm Thanks for the help guys.

Paul, I have to agree wire your assessment about the old style bracelet befitting the C65’s vintage looks. I’ve taken the plunge and ordered one off the website. I love the watch on leather but it’s too hot and I just don’t think it suits NATO, so roll on the bracelet.
Congratulations. Love mine on bracelet. I’ve bought tweezers and whilst the QR takes seconds I don’t swap too often. I bought the vintage camel oak strap and looks fantastic.
Enjoy and post the pics.
Do me a favour when you get it. Fully wind it and let me know what reserve you have. Thanks.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

I ended up doing the same! I was holding out for the QR bracelet, but after seeing Paul's pictures, I decided on the normal bracelet.
I have to admit that it is a challenge to get on though, even with a tweezer tool. I ended up having to take it to my local watch store to help me get it on. He mentioned that it might be worth replacing the spring bars on the bracelet with double flanged ones, so I just ordered a set. Will let you know if it helps with catching the spring bar when using the tweezers.
Attachments
IMG_1696.jpg
IMG_1697.jpg
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

diciannove79 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

I ended up doing the same! I was holding out for the QR bracelet, but after seeing Paul's pictures, I decided on the normal bracelet.
I have to admit that it is a challenge to get on though, even with a tweezer tool. I ended up having to take it to my local watch store to help me get it on. He mentioned that it might be worth replacing the spring bars on the bracelet with double flanged ones, so I just ordered a set. Will let you know if it helps with catching the spring bar when using the tweezers.

Looks great. :thumbup:
It’s fiddly yes agreed and I too have ordered double flanged bars off eBay.
Let me know how you get on.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

^^^^^ got these. Heard good things about double shouldered pins. Same ones?
BC096B6E-3665-47D0-9169-AC4CF99E6C7D.png
C65 Trident Diver Blue
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

Essex Paul wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 pm ^^^^^ got these. Heard good things about double shouldered pins. Same ones?

I think so! I ordered mine from Esslinger: https://www.esslinger.com/watch-band-pi ... age-of-10/

I measured the diameter of the current pin at 1.80mm, but the compressed length was about 21.4mm. I ended up ordering the 21mm pins, so I hope they work. I'll definitely report back once I get them in hand. :thumbup:
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

diciannove79 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:10 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 pm ^^^^^ got these. Heard good things about double shouldered pins. Same ones?

I think so! I ordered mine from Esslinger: https://www.esslinger.com/watch-band-pi ... age-of-10/

I measured the diameter of the current pin at 1.80mm, but the compressed length was about 21.4mm. I ended up ordering the 21mm pins, so I hope they work. I'll definitely report back once I get them in hand. :thumbup:

Yeah similar. Although I was told to order 22mm on mine. Will see how they go. Should make a difference. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior

Post by DanielDZ »

diciannove79 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

That looks fantastic, good choice and a lovely fit.

Regarding fitting the bracelet, I’ll have a look when I get it, but any signs of it being too tricky I’ll be taking it straight to my watch stall for fitting.

DanielDZ
Junior
Junior

Post by DanielDZ »

Essex Paul wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Congratulations. Love mine on bracelet. I’ve bought tweezers and whilst the QR takes seconds I don’t swap too often. I bought the vintage camel oak strap and looks fantastic.
Enjoy and post the pics.
Do me a favour when you get it. Fully wind it and let me know what reserve you have. Thanks.
I’ll do that 👍 like yourself, I won’t be swapping too regularly.

diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

Just wanted to follow-up and report that double shouldered pins + tweezers = incredibly easy removal and attachment of the bracelet. In fact, once I replaced the spring bar, it went on the first time without any issues.

Not sure why double shouldered springbars aren't the default in the bracelet. It honestly makes the entire process so much easier, especially when using a tweezer tool.
Attachments
IMG_1701.jpg
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior

Post by DanielDZ »

Bracelet arrived today, I couldn’t be happier with it. I love the look of the blue face with the vintage oak leather but I’m equally impressed with the bracelet.

Quick release would’ve been nice, but the bracelet matches the watch so well, I’m glad I bit the bullet. I love the sleek profile of the watch despite its 41mm size.
Attachments
93BC08D2-FBA9-4430-9655-8D5F1876CD7E.jpeg
1CFF7BA8-FF43-4461-8B98-5CA55F13D0AC.jpeg