C65 - which bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

C65 - which bracelet?

Post by DanielDZ »

I’ve got the C65 vintage auto on oak leather strap, but I want to grab a bracelet for it.

Is it the same as the C60 MK3 bracelet as the website does not specify?

Thanks

Dan
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
hsukirk
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 - which bracelet?

Post by hsukirk »

It's different between the two.
lisnalee
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by lisnalee »

The newer quick release end link version bracelet such as the mk3 hasn't been released yet to buy on its own for the C65
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

CW has informally said that the C65 quick release bracelet would be released by the end of July. Of course, there's only a few days left in July, so I'm hoping we see it soon!

I've also been waiting to buy a bracelet for my C65 GMT, so I keep checking the strap section every day hoping to see the new bracelet listed. :lol:
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

I’m at CW this week, for the CW trident diver.
Will more than likely get the old bracelet as the oyster look befits this vintage look of the C65.
The newer QR is more modern looking, wont suit the C65 imho.
But will get the lowdown from Declan and share on here. He did say there was a slim chance of them being there this week. If not, early August.
I’ll have a good look at the new C60 QR bracelet and see just how much bigger that centre link is.
If I don’t like, I’ll be buying Burgeon tweezers. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

Essex Paul wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:57 pm I’m at CW this week, for the CW trident diver.
Will more than likely get the old bracelet as the oyster look befits this vintage look of the C65.
The newer QR is more modern looking, wont suit the C65 imho.
But will get the lowdown from Declan and share on here. He did say there was a slim chance of them being there this week. If not, early August.
I’ll have a good look at the new C60 QR bracelet and see just how much bigger that centre link is.
If I don’t like, I’ll be buying Burgeon tweezers. :thumbup:
Thanks Paul. I look forward to hearing your update! :thumbup:
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C65 - which bracelet? New CW bought.

Post by Essex Paul »

Update.
QR C65 bracelets not arrived at CW Towers yet, expected next couple of weeks.
New look bracelet not a touch on old one.
Looks great on modern looking C60, not on vintagy (that a word?) C65. The older oyster look suits it better.
Bought the C65 diver on bracelet. Declan gave me a free tanned leather bracelet and pod. Didn’t charge for the bracelet adjustment either. So although no discount on watch as such, was like getting one as wanted strap too.
Chris popped in to say hello. Was very humble and thanked me. When I asked Declan about the CS/QC problems, he said staff have been changed as others weren’t “up to it”. I said more communication and staff numbers would help. He agreed.
I’m very happy with a watch I've wanted for a while. If it has to go back for any reason I won’t be going through CS, I’ll be visiting Declan. Who said that’ll be fine. If not, money back, bye bye CW.
Hope not. A right looker of a watch.
Now, onto Cousins.co.uk for a strap tool! :lol:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

Thanks again, Paul! This is very helpful information.

Now I'm really torn on what to do. Though I think I'll wait it out. I love being able to swap straps quickly, especially when traveling. And since I'm still a newbie, I'm sure I would need a tweezer tool. :lol:
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

diciannove79 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm Thanks again, Paul! This is very helpful information.

Now I'm really torn on what to do. Though I think I'll wait it out. I love being able to swap straps quickly, especially when traveling. And since I'm still a newbie, I'm sure I would need a tweezer tool. :lol:
Tweezers/spring-bar tool, whichever works for you.
I don’t change straps everyday but I’d rather have the strap I liked and take a minute rather than seconds with a strap tool. Yes QR is a godsend, at least the strap i got with it is QR. BUT i’d rather have the strap that suited the watch. Even Declan agreed me :lol:

If you can get to CW Towers to compare, do. You may have a different opinion. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Paul

are you planning on the Bergeon 7825? If so, I would be interested to hear your experience. I have a 6825 clone that I am not happy with (the tips are made of chocolate it would seem) and it is awkward to use as you really need to separate the bracelet first. So the choice is to upgrade to Bergeon tips or jump to a 7825, which I would like to think would be easier to use overall.

cheers
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ I have the 6825, it’s ok, but I agree quite awkward to use.

From what I have read the 7825 tweezers are far more effective.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

H0rati0 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:43 pm Paul

are you planning on the Bergeon 7825? If so, I would be interested to hear your experience. I have a 6825 clone that I am not happy with (the tips are made of chocolate it would seem) and it is awkward to use as you really need to separate the bracelet first. So the choice is to upgrade to Bergeon tips or jump to a 7825, which I would like to think would be easier to use overall.

cheers

Funny you should say that. Declan had a 6825 clone from Amazon that he recommended to me and he used it with ease straddling the bracelet without the need to separate the bracelet which is a faff.
I’m 50/50 whether to get that or burgeon 7825 tweezers (expensive). Dunno what to do, the 6825’s can be adjusted to exact size thus minimising slippage. Mmmm what to do. :shock:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
diciannove79
Junior
Junior

Post by diciannove79 »

It might be worth checking out the Horofix tweezers. I was looking into Bergeon 7825 tweezers a while back, but stumbled upon this post on another forum: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/bergeo ... 86449.html

They run about $85 USD on Esslinger, so they are significantly cheaper than the Bergeon tweezers. Might be worth a try! :)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

diciannove79 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 pm It might be worth checking out the Horofix tweezers. I was looking into Bergeon 7825 tweezers a while back, but stumbled upon this post on another forum: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/bergeo ... 86449.html

They run about $85 USD on Esslinger, so they are significantly cheaper than the Bergeon tweezers. Might be worth a try! :)
Interesting you say that, the Horotec is about £30 at Cousins but doesn't look as agile as the Bergeon.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/horot ... r-tweezers

The Bergeon tips can be replaced, but the cost is as much as the whole pliers (warped) while the Horotec is one piece.

NB these are not the same pliers as the link above which it seems that Cousins do not carry.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Well, sometimes you get what you pay for in life and Burgeon are the Rolex/Patek of the tool world.
But as Horacio pointed out absolutely mental that the replacement tips on the 7825 cost almost as much as the whole thing! WTF?? And does that include the tip tool?
Anyway, getting the Burgeon is probably more cost effective as they should last ages.
Still 50/50 on the 7835-6825. Flip a coin?
C65 Trident Diver Blue