Would you buy one of these as the next Forum Limited Edition?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
downer
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes

Re: Would you buy one of these as the next Forum Limited Edition?

Post by downer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Thanks for doing all the alternative versions of the GMT. Personally I think "less is more" and the latest ones with red minute markers, the twin flags on top of twin flags and the red seconds hand tip is all a bit much.
Richard

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm

downer wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 pm
Thanks for doing all the alternative versions of the GMT. Personally I think "less is more" and the latest ones with red minute markers, the twin flags on top of twin flags and the red seconds hand tip is all a bit much.
Agree.

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by StrappedUp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

I guess if the twin flags were to be applied, it could have a plain, smoked dial without the twin flag "etching".
Ryan

lisnalee
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by lisnalee » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:49 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
I think the red accents really go well with the smoked logo dial in these. This is just the right amount of colour too. Great design btw Image I'd buy it.
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
C65 Trident Diver Hand Wound

EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:04 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Ryan

Could you do the the same as this photo but with red on only the following four hour markers: 12, 3, 6 and 9

Regards
Dean

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by StrappedUp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm all optioned out for now ... unfortunately doing CW mock-ups doesn't put bread on the table (I wish!) :D

I'll await feedback from Kip/Mods and happy to continue helping if required.
Ryan

Chris375
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Chris375 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm all optioned out for now ... unfortunately doing CW mock-ups doesn't put bread on the table (I wish!) :D

Ryan,
Thank you very much for all your efforts. The designs you have produced (on demand) have been brilliant. It is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
6xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:37 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks Ryan and well done with all your mock-ups! :clap:

I think with just the 12, 3, 6 and 9, the end of the GMT hand and the triangle at 12 in red; if you took the red off the tip of the second hand (this should match the minute and hour hands, and not the GMT hand). Also 'GMT' being written in red on the dial is perfect to match the function of the red GMT hand. :thumbup:
Dean

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Ooooo, I'm confused. :shock: :?

They're all beginning to look the same with so many options being shown. Great work by those suggesting the subtle differences and doing the mock-ups and thanks for doing so but can we hurry to reducing the choices please as it's all getting a bit too much for my pea-brain. :D

baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 pm

How about #4 with a textured white dial (think GS snowflake / Seiko Fuyugeshiki)?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Macdaz
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Macdaz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Mikkei4 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 pm

They're all beginning to look the same with so many options being shown. Great work by those suggesting the subtle differences and doing the mock-ups and thanks for doing so but can we hurry to reducing the choices please as it's all getting a bit too much for my pea-brain. :D
I know what you mean it’s difficult to pick between them. I like them all, but...still not getting the smoked dial thing. To my mind, There’s nothing pretty about the front of a movement. But the back...now that’s a different story. I’m a sucker for an exhibition case back. (Although I know that makes no sense on a diver)

Can I add my thanks to all those working on the mock ups. :thumbup:
Omega SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3 Malvern |Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U2|Vostok Komandirskie 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AM GT LE

Chris375
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Chris375 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Macdaz wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:34 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:

I know what you mean it’s difficult to pick between them. I like them all, but...still not getting the smoked dial thing. To my mind, There’s nothing pretty about the front of a movement. But the back...now that’s a different story. I’m a sucker for an exhibition case back. (Although I know that makes no sense on a diver)

Please help me out as I find it difficult to understand. You say, like many other watch collectors, that they aren't so bothered about the front of a movement/face but like an exhibition case back. A watch was primarily developed to be worn so,for me,the part of the watch that I, and others, get to see is the more important aspect of its design. Perhaps I will never be able to understand your thoughts but isn't this why we are debating the front of the watch?
Chris :-k
6xCW, 2xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 1xTudor, 1xOmega, 1xSeiko

McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Chris375 wrote:
Macdaz wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:

Please help me out as I find it difficult to understand. You say, like many other watch collectors, that they aren't so bothered about the front of a movement/face but like an exhibition case back. A watch was primarily developed to be worn so,for me,the part of the watch that I, and others, get to see is the more important aspect of its design. Perhaps I will never be able to understand your thoughts but isn't this why we are debating the front of the watch?
I think he means the front of the movement, not the face. So the parts of the movement that you would be able to see through a “see-through” face.
He’s not talking about the watch face itself, I assume that remains important.
So advocating against making it see-through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macdaz
Expert
Expert

Post by Macdaz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 pm

Yep. The front is the most important part, the dial has to be beautiful. But personally, I don’t like seeing the movement from the front. I don’t like skeletons or semi skeletons. I like a clean dial. For example I don’t think there is anything interesting, elegant or pleasing to look at about being able to see the date wheel.

But I still love the engineering and the back of a movement I find more pleasing to look at. But only when I want to, I wouldn’t want to see it all the time. It’s secret...just for me!
Omega SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3 Malvern |Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U2|Vostok Komandirskie 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AM GT LE

Macdaz
Expert
Expert

Post by Macdaz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 pm

McDaWisel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:04 pm
Chris375 wrote:
Macdaz wrote:

I think he means the front of the movement, not the face. So the parts of the movement that you would be able to see through a “see-through” face.
He’s not talking about the watch face itself, I assume that remains important.
So advocating against making it see-through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You nailed it quicker than me!